2017 World Snooker (Free Facebook Live Broadcast)

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm absolutely convinced and have been for years that snooker needs to apply "rail after contact ball in hand"

the amount of ticky tacky shots that prolong frames are ridiculous

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm absolutely convinced and have been for years that snooker needs to apply "rail after contact ball in hand"

Totally agree. Its THE one thing about snooker that drives me nuts. Just rolling up behind a ball seems like a chicken-s^*t rule in an otherwise great game.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I disagree - it's all part of the game of snooker. Tippy tappy frames can be as exciting as 5 minute Ronnie O 147s. In pool, on the other hand, it's a necessary rule as rolling up to a ball spoils the game - both "official" sets of English pool now have the rail after contact rule as the powers that be have realised the error of the "snookerized" rules that were introduced back in the day to make the game more agreeable to those used to snooker. Likewise, no need either to change snooker to make it more like pool. I for one am happy to see the increased use of tippy tappy in the pro game after years of post-Hendry ultra aggressive play. It's adds variety to the game.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie goes into session with slim 5-4 lead
Wins 1st frame of session after nice safety earning easy 24 points after ex-taxi driver Gary Wilson fouled 4 times
Wilson then runs century in next frame so now still staying 1 frame behind Ronnie 5-6

In other news, pundit Stephen Hendry wrote off Ronnie chances of winning this year. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...ry-writes-Ronnie-O-Sullivan-s-Worlds-bid.html

Willie Thorne received warning after F-bomb
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othe...-Championship-2017-Willie-Thorne-Snooker-News

Ronnie asking where is his Masters trophy
https://www.balls.ie/snooker/ronnie-osullivan-3-363189

:grin:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He came back into form against Wilson.

Gary Wilson, ranked 59th

If Ronnie struggled against him, then he's going to have a hell of a time going up against someone in the top 16.

His next match is mostly likely going to be against Shaun Murphy. Ronnie is up 9-3 in match count, but they haven't played in 2 years.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Gary Wilson, ranked 59th

If Ronnie struggled against him, then he's going to have a hell of a time going up against someone in the top 16.

His next match is mostly likely going to be against Shaun Murphy. Ronnie is up 9-3 in match count, but they haven't played in 2 years.

Gary Wilson was hot this year....he had 6 centuries in the qualifying rounds...
...one of them was a 147.

So, for me, Ronnie gets creds for this win.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, top half all monsters set to clash
Selby likely to meet Neil Robertson in last 8
If Ronnie overcomes Murphy, he plays Ding in last 8 . That will be a fast one.

I can see why many are saying Judd Trump will win this year. The top half has 4 of the top 5 favorites and Trump is the biggest gun in the bottom half. He is assured of final slot. Geez, this going to be year of the Trumps?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I can see why many are saying Judd Trump will win this year. The top half has 4 of the top 5 favorites and Trump is the biggest gun in the bottom half. He is assured of final slot. Geez, this going to be year of the Trumps?

It would be a YUUUUGGGGE win for Trump

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

sure, he is the hottest atm, but i see him having a bad day....... and im not sure if he can overcome that, on top probably barry in round 3, and barry loves the cruicible, think winner of that will be in the final! top half is completly unpredictebale imo, only hope someone beats selby early
#onetrumpisenough

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Youtube live stream is good today

NOW Round One (Both Tables)
Mark Allen v Jimmy Robertson
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhJyJgx_ado

Marco Fu vs Luca Brecel
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulusjn_poXA

Best performances so far probably last years finalists Mark Selby and Ding
Selby destroyed his opponent O'Brien with OBrien at one time in danger of getting lowest score ever
Ding in first session run 3 centuries including 136 highest break of tourney and 132. He leads 7-2 after 1st session

In other news, Ronnie rebels against snooker establishment and Barry Hearn
http://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/39619481
:)