2017 World Snooker (Free Facebook Live Broadcast)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That multi kick by Murphy in 4th frame was a beauty , shot of tournament so far.
Not good enough to save Murphy who is staring at similar 13-3 thumping he received in 2014. This match may finish one session earlier on Friday's 2nd session
But fingers crossed cos there's Murphy's Law :grin-square:

0439a16329075008d5f4f3cfc55a8651_-quote-murphys-law-sign-murphys-law-clipart_570-570.jpeg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That multi kick by Murphy in 4th frame was a beauty , shot of tournament so far.
It was interesting that he played it with serious side rather than a simple rolling ball off the top cushion. As one of the commentators pointed out, if he misses the ball entirely it's not much harm done. Unless, of course, Ronnie shoots and makes the shot.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Look bro, I've been at this game for nearly 31 years going on three, I've seen it all and I've done it all.

I'm pretty legendary amongst the locals here, not that it matters at all to me, and I have a very expensive house and personal luxuries.

Morality? Child's play. Good and evil? Youth's games. There's no stone in this river that's blocking my path, I guess you can say I've always lived life on the edge, I refuse to lead a normal life under someone else's time or dime. I make the rules, bro.

Look bro, I am pretty strong and I have a high IQ, no one (man or woman) can resist my charm, my huge dong, or my deep pockets. If there's a problem that needs fixing, I'm there. If you need help, I'm there. When there's trouble that threatens a lot of people, I'm there.

I've lived through tragedies like 911 and victories like Hiroshima, I've seen it all. Entities? You got it. Demonic possession? Boom. Transcendence? Totally.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I can masturbate to almost anything, but I certainly can't masturbate to this.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wtf??????????????????

Look bro, I've been at this game for nearly 31 years going on three, I've seen it all and I've done it all.

I'm pretty legendary amongst the locals here, not that it matters at all to me, and I have a very expensive house and personal luxuries.

Morality? Child's play. Good and evil? Youth's games. There's no stone in this river that's blocking my path, I guess you can say I've always lived life on the edge, I refuse to lead a normal life under someone else's time or dime. I make the rules, bro.

Look bro, I am pretty strong and I have a high IQ, no one (man or woman) can resist my charm, my huge dong, or my deep pockets. If there's a problem that needs fixing, I'm there. If you need help, I'm there. When there's trouble that threatens a lot of people, I'm there.

I've lived through tragedies like 911 and victories like Hiroshima, I've seen it all. Entities? You got it. Demonic possession? Boom. Transcendence? Totally.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I can masturbate to almost anything, but I certainly can't masturbate to this.
HUH? Where you goin' with this?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Facebook live stream works pretty well. I was a little surprised by:

254,410 people like this​

which I guess means some larger number of people have viewed at least part of the stream.

Particularly nice on the Facebook page is the large number of feature videos with interviews, big plays and commentaries.
Bob, that's the BBC coverage. Pretty good, huh? They've been at this a long time and really have have a polished presentation. I like the typical, low-key Brit commentators and all the different terminology like pot, screw, plant etc. No offense(and it is govt. funded) but it makes most pool broadcasts seem kinda bush-league.

Last edited:

prpavi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-3 now and looking good.

Agreed on the coverage, I'm watching on Eurosport but the same thing applies, very professional low key and most importantly no local lingo, inside jokes and talking to people passing near the booth ��

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-3 now and looking good.

Agreed on the coverage, I'm watching on Eurosport but the same thing applies, very professional low key and most importantly no local lingo, inside jokes and talking to people passing near the booth ��
Wait, you mean you don't want to hear the announcers arguing over which restaurant they will go to pay off the bet on the match they are commentating?

(Which actually happened in a stream I was watching few weeks ago)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait, you mean you don't want to hear the announcers arguing over which restaurant they will go to pay off the bet on the match they are commentating?

(Which actually happened in a stream I was watching few weeks ago)
Upstate Al and some guy talked for almost an hour once(on and off) about tires for a boat trailer. Unreal. At least it was free stream. I don't think they said more than five words total about the match being streamed.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, Murphy blew his best chance to close to within 2 frames of Ronnie. Missed a relatively easy green which cost his effectively 2 frames. He is now 6-10 (instead of 7-9) going into final session. He has to win 7 out of 9 frames in the final stretch.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, Murphy blew his best chance to close to within 2 frames of Ronnie. Missed a relatively easy green which cost his effectively 2 frames. He is now 6-10 (instead of 7-9) going into final session. He has to win 7 out of 9 frames in the final stretch.
And that ain't gonna happen.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I turned it on at 9-3 and Murphy looked like by far the better player. RO is obviously favored but anyone remaining in the final 16 can turn it on at any time.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I turned it on at 9-3 and Murphy looked like by far the better player. RO is obviously favored but anyone remaining in the final 16 can turn it on at any time.

Thats the unique thing about the World Championships, the Murphy v O'Sullivan match has its 3 sessions over 3 days due to scheduling, so although Ronnie controlled the first session yesterday, today Murphy looked much better (than yesterday, although made some stupid mistakes still).

Tomorrow Ronnie is still favourite, but its a whole new day, if Murphy wins the first two it could get interesting...although Ronnie looks fired up so I suspect he'll take it!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is the schedule for matches set so far. For the US, we have
10AM = 5AM EDT, 4AM CDT, 3AM MDT, 2AM PDT
2.30PM = 9:30AM EDT, 8:30AM CDT, 7:30AM MDT, 6:30AM PDT
7PM = 2PM EDT, 1PM CDT, Noon MDT, 11AM PDT

Saturday April 22 Round two, best of 25 - 10am
Murphy v O'Sullivan (Match 19)
Allen v Higgins (Match 22)

Round two, best of 25 - 2.30pm
Liang v Junhui (Match 20)
Maguire v McLeod (Match 24)

Round two, best of 25 - 7pm
Selby v Xiao Guodong (Match 17)
Allen v Higgins (Match 22)

Sunday April 23 Round two, best of 25 - 10am
Robertson v Fu (Match 18)
Hawkins v Dott (Match 23)

Round two, best of 25 - 2.30pm
Selby v Day (Match 17)

Monday April 24 Round two, best of 25 - 2.30pm
Selby v Xiao Guodong (Match 17)

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Thats the unique thing about the World Championships, the Murphy v O'Sullivan match has its 3 sessions over 3 days due to scheduling, so although Ronnie controlled the first session yesterday, today Murphy looked much better (than yesterday, although made some stupid mistakes still).

Tomorrow Ronnie is still favourite, but its a whole new day, if Murphy wins the first two it could get interesting...although Ronnie looks fired up so I suspect he'll take it!

That's what I like the World Championship format. Every match is like a TAR match. You need to beat the other guy over 2-3 sessions (4 in the later stages). Even the intervals play a big part in the match. So often we see someone get out to 4-0 or 3-1 lead only to see the match turn around and end up 4-4 or 5-3 for the other player.

Look at the Ding/Wenbo match. Ding led 7-1 and his lead has been cut to 9-7 on day two! I actually think Wenbo is favourite now.

It's a format that would get tiresome if it were every tournament, but once a year it's great viewing.