"Aiming Systems" are Junk, DO the Work!

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, I am a total student, but I understand the guy that has taught pool for over 25 years AFTER playing as a pro, hustler, number one on the Pat3 test, etc. for years and years. He can not understand your DVD's! What the hell is a perception? He (and I) can not do your little foot shifts that you do on Youtube, over/ under, under/ over, pivots, 15,30,45, etc. THE same reason he disbanded SAMBA after buying the DVD trying to learn the different "aiming systems" that students fall for? Who has years of learning an "aiming system"? He can teach his in a few hours on his table. I invite you out and I'll pay for the lessons?

Yoy have trouble speaking the truth. One day it's a bet that he can explain how my CTE breaks down past half table and another day he's studied my work and can't understand it.
What a joke! Get your stories straight!

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yoy have trouble speaking the truth. One day it's a bet that he can explain how my CTE breaks down past half table and another day he's studied my work and can't understand it.
What a joke! Get your stories straight!

Stan Shuffett

I never said he "knows" your system, but he has many of times taken someone that has your DVD and actually gone out to see you, and taught them how to aim. He knows your system can not pocket balls after 1/2 table length over the thick, middle and thin portions of the pocket which he can do. Why not admit your system can not do that?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never said he "knows" your system, but he has many of times taken someone that has your DVD and actually gone out to see you, and taught them how to aim. He knows your system can not pocket balls after 1/2 table length over the thick, middle and thin portions of the pocket which he can do. Why not admit your system can not do that?

He does not know what he doesn't know and nether do you.

Stan Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You might want to just drop it. It doesn't matter what you say or what "the other side" says. You will probably get banned if you keep it up. That's just the way it is. In this forum, any form of critique is considered bashing and bashing is now verboten.

Just let it go...:thud:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might want to just drop it. It doesn't matter what you say or what "the other side" says. You will probably get banned if you keep it up. That's just the way it is. In this forum, any form of critique is considered bashing and bashing is now verboten.

Just let it go...:thud:

BULLSHITTT He is clearly knocking a system that he has no idea how it works. That's just plain stupid. He's not even asking question's, just keeps saying his "unknown pro" can do it all and knows it all. It's not a critique, it's bashing.
PS How do you critique something when you admit you know nothing about it?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian, at least with your fractional system, one could notice the fractional entry into the middle of the pocket and just fudge a bit to give it side to side, but as far as I can see with the others, they don't have that latitude. We set up shot after shot ( and I shot them) on the 9' pool table where a thin, middle, thick shot into a pocket makes a world of difference in the way a CB acts around it. Why is that so undauntedly uncommon around here? Doesn't anyone care about how the CB runs after the OB is hit or is this column ALL about aiming the ball into the damn pocket and who cares about what happens to the CB? Is that the "aiming system"?

Most of us don't play on buckets and have to stay close to the entry point for the shot.
Get off the buckets and see how you play, I'm betting you freeze up and play scared.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian, Dan, Dave, etc., I invite anyone to come on out to Portland before spending time on these "aiming systems" and let a 50 year full time teacher fill you in. Stan has sold many of his DVD's and held many lessons at his house, yet very very few have learned his system. Instead of spending 2-4 years learning CTE, spend a few days on a fantastic road trip. This man will teach you how to aim in a few hours and you won't have to result to DVD's, books, etc. I invite you out and will spend two hours of the lesson time with my own $$$ with him and IF you are not impressed with his method will save you years of your time. Don't tell me about it until you do because you don't know.....

VERY FEW, you are grossly misinformed.
So what's the guys name? Would like to do a little research before I commit to coming out, or are you offering a free all expenses trip.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be. My instructor has studied Stan's DVD, has had many students that have the DVD's and studied his material and gone hopeless. Several have flown out to Tennessee to "Learn" the method at $60 per hour and it still doesn't help according to my instructor that has helped them since. WHY take the 2-10 years learning an "aiming system" when it can be learned over the weekend? None of us have understood the "perceptions", the pivots, the over/ under, etc. crap. The other criteria involved with the little bitty foot shuffling and the rest of it. My teacher has taught dozens of guys that have been out there, studied his lessons, and converted them to how to aim in a weekend. Why is this so hard?

You preach like an APA 5.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brian, at least with your fractional system, one could notice the fractional entry into the middle of the pocket and just fudge a bit to give it side to side, but as far as I can see with the others, they don't have that latitude. We set up shot after shot ( and I shot them) on the 9' pool table where a thin, middle, thick shot into a pocket makes a world of difference in the way a CB acts around it. Why is that so undauntedly uncommon around here? Doesn't anyone care about how the CB runs after the OB is hit or is this column ALL about aiming the ball into the damn pocket and who cares about what happens to the CB? Is that the "aiming system"?

Like I said before, it takes an experienced feel to fine tune shots like you are describing. And on my table, with 4 3/8 pockets and 145° facings, not even SVB is going to be trying to hit thin or thick from 8 or 9 ft. From closer distance sure, but I believe anyone (regardless of aiming system or using no system) would rely on experience and not 100% system to shoot a ball 1" left or right of center pocket at will. It's an aiming adjustment that one develops while using a system or over the course of HAMB.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Can someone who has been playing pool for longer than I have, which is over 30 years, please tell me when the term "aiming system" referring to pocketing balls, not kicks or banks, came about. I never heard of an "aiming system" until the mid to late 90's, and I was getting poolmag, and Billiards digest, and a couple if other pool magazines back then. I've had about every book written on pool and don't recall anything back then talking about "aiming systems". I'm just curious.

Good question. I'm unsure when the term came into vogue, but you can take almost any two popular pool books that are more than 30 years old, say offerings from Willie Mosconi and Cool Cat Martin, and one teaches parallel aim and one teaches ghost ball and contact point adjustments . . . "system" was the natural outcome there.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
VERY FEW, you are grossly misinformed.
So what's the guys name? Would like to do a little research before I commit to coming out, or are you offering a free all expenses trip.

Here's his name:
http://www.robindreyer.com/

WHOOOOOOPTEEEEEEDOOOOOO!!!

Looks MINOR LEAGUE to me. Maybe BUSH LEAGUE. (he's not a member here so no harm no foul.)

From what I've read, he's teaching techniques that are beyond the level of his student and unnecessary at this point. All meant to "dazzle" with a load of (you know what)

Here's a "shill thread" from a couple of months ago. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=453821

Never heard of him in my entire life or on this forum until denwhit came blasting away on his bullhorn.

But he must be good. He uses BULLSEYE BILLIARD PRODUCTS TO TEACH.

https://bullseyebilliards.net/pages/instructors

https://bullseyebilliards.net/collections/all-products

https://bullseyebilliards.net/blogs/articles

Just purchase the products from Bullseye and you can eliminate the teaching fee, travel and motel expenses, and having to beat his head in when he starts bashing CTE and Stan in front of you. Especially after you wipe the floor with him in ball pocketing from everywhere on the table and money games.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to meet your instructor

Brian, Dan, Dave, etc., I invite anyone to come on out to Portland before spending time on these "aiming systems" and let a 50 year full time teacher fill you in. Stan has sold many of his DVD's and held many lessons at his house, yet very very few have learned his system. Instead of spending 2-4 years learning CTE, spend a few days on a fantastic road trip. This man will teach you how to aim in a few hours and you won't have to result to DVD's, books, etc. I invite you out and will spend two hours of the lesson time with my own $$$ with him and IF you are not impressed with his method will save you years of your time. Don't tell me about it until you do because you don't know.....
Hello.
Everyone who shoots pool has a perception about what it takes to pocket a ball and/or get position, every time they shoot. Even if it's nothing more than "that looks pretty good..I think it will go in". But, that's not the purpose of my post.
I'd like to know the name of this pool playing instructor of yours there in Portland (Oregon, I'm assuming?) and the pool rooms he hangs out at. I'd like to see him play.
I'll do the rest as far as locating him. (I don't need any formal introduction or your money. If he's a pool player like you say, well.... he'll know what to do with someone like me)
Thanking you in advance.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hello.
Everyone who shoots pool has a perception about what it takes to pocket a ball and/or get position, every time they shoot. Even if it's nothing more than "that looks pretty good..I think it will go in". But, that's not the purpose of my post.
I'd like to know the name of this pool playing instructor of yours there in Portland (Oregon, I'm assuming?) and the pool rooms he hangs out at. I'd like to see him play.
I'll do the rest as far as locating him. (I don't need any formal introduction or your money. If he's a pool player like you say, well.... he'll know what to do with someone like me)
Thanking you in advance.
Keep on truckin'

Read my post right above yours.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
his name is robin dreyer
Here's a "shill thread" from a couple of months ago. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=453821

Never heard of him in my entire life or on this forum until denwhit came blasting away on his bullhorn.

]
i am the person who started the thread you linked above
IT WAS NOT A "SHILL" THREAD
BUT THE TRUTH OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH ROBIN
you should apologize to me for the insult

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
i am the person who started the thread you linked above
IT WAS NOT A "SHILL" THREAD
BUT THE TRUTH OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH ROBIN
you should apologize to me for the insult

I guess we both just have our own opinions. There were no apologies from the other posters on the thread who had similar thoughts as I did. When I see a LONG LIST OF NAMES of people past and present on here apologizing to STAN, I'll consider it. Do you think that will ever happen? Maybe. When HELL FREEZES OVER!

But hey, good for you if you got fixed and helped. I sincerely mean it.

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello.
Thanking you in advance.
Keep on truckin'

He'll know what to do. He doesn't use anybody's drills as some have posted. I'll leave it like this until one of you go out to see him and tell AZB your results as bbb has done.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's his name:
http://www.robindreyer.com/

WHOOOOOOPTEEEEEEDOOOOOO!!!

Looks MINOR LEAGUE to me. Maybe BUSH LEAGUE. (he's not a member here so no harm no foul.)

From what I've read, he's teaching techniques that are beyond the level of his student and unnecessary at this point. All meant to "dazzle" with a load of (you know what)

But he must be good. He uses BULLSEYE BILLIARD PRODUCTS TO TEACH.

https://bullseyebilliards.net/pages/instructors

https://bullseyebilliards.net/collections/all-products

https://bullseyebilliards.net/blogs/articles

Just purchase the products from Bullseye and you can eliminate the teaching fee, travel and motel expenses, and having to beat his head in when he starts bashing CTE and Stan in front of you. Especially after you wipe the floor with him in ball pocketing from everywhere on the table and money games.

You are bull shitting here. He has his 100% of his own drills and does not use Bullseye. Bullseye has signed up with projectionprobilliards. com and was providing the drills they have on line for the micro computer and projector. He has signed up with Dr. Dave's BU in order to receive people that want to take the testing drills. So, you can foghorn his critique without knowing anything as you usually do. I notice you have not taken the BU Dr. Dave's test listed on the sticky on the "main forum"?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be. My instructor has studied Stan's DVD, has had many students that have the DVD's and studied his material and gone hopeless. Several have flown out to Tennessee to "Learn" the method at $60 per hour and it still doesn't help according to my instructor that has helped them since. WHY take the 2-10 years learning an "aiming system" when it can be learned over the weekend? None of us have understood the "perceptions", the pivots, the over/ under, etc. crap. The other criteria involved with the little bitty foot shuffling and the rest of it. My teacher has taught dozens of guys that have been out there, studied his lessons, and converted them to how to aim in a weekend. Why is this so hard?
Mr. Shuffett's home base is not in Tennessee.
Keep on truckin'