Crazy big money action at DCC last night

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say both are similar, depending on interpretation. Obviously, the common theme is that both are playing for only one pocket. However, the biggest difference in my mind, is that the 9 ball always starts out frozen to the middle of the back rail. Thats consistent with 1 ball/1pocket.

Eric

And bare ball back pocket:)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Alex, Frost, Shane would have all beaten flakes at this game. Dennis doesn't have the same experience as those 3 in pocket games.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Alex, Frost, Shane would have all beaten flakes at this game. Dennis doesn't have the same experience as those 3 in pocket games.
Nobody can beat John giving him that game 3 games on the wire plus the the placement
of the 9 this guy can play he moves in this game very good.
I dont know if you saw the match but those kick bank shots and two railers that John made were
spot on every time he knows this game

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody can beat John giving him that game i dont think 3 games on the wire plus the the placement
of the 9 this guy can play he moves in this game very good.
I dont know if you saw the match but those bank kick shots and two railers that John made were
spot on every time he knows this game

Yes I saw it and know Flakes was the best at this game. But he hasn't been active in 20 years. Dennis simply didn't know many of the moves.

Efren too imo would have won. He played all these pocket games in Philly in the 80's.

Shane learned the bare pocket games playing Gentile.

Even watching the onepocket match the next day between Alex and Dennis on accustats Dennis was asking Alex before the match about a few shots from the back pocket game. Then Alex went on to significantly outmove Dennis and beat him I think 3-0.

Dennis shoots the straightest of the bunch but at this moment in time I don't think he moves in pocket games as well as efren, Alex, frost, or Shane. And that all 4 of these guys would have beaten flakes the same game "today". (Not in 1992 or so when flakes quit pool).

Just my 2 cents of course:)

accdealer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what's scarier, people referring to him as John Hennigan instead of Flakes or the people thinking that there is someone at the derby or the world that could beat him at that game. think about it, top action players sniff out millionaires that are willing to bet high like bloodhounds. I haven't heard anywhere in this thread about people barking at Flakes and offering him the same game. Believe me, if orcollo's backers thought that efren could win that game, we'd all be reading a thread about it right now. I'm also sure that frost is loaded for bear, and as amazing of a player that he is, especially one pocket, I don't see him getting up there either.

you can dispute his talent on the poker table or the pool table all you want, but the bottom line is that the more money you bet, the more of an underdog you become.

this guy has nerves of steel and is a stone cold gambler. he would've bet the same 30k or more even before the millions and untold millions that he's won playing poker. almost, if not more impressive than his skills on the poker or pool table is his ability to make a game. though nobody has really heard his name in the pool world for over 20 years, he is without a doubt one of the smartest gamblers in the pool world.

dennis was beat as soon as he posted the money, there was absolutely no way he could win that game.

another great game maker was hoppy, ask allen how he liked it 25 years ago when he gave Flakes a handspan.

If I had known he was coming to the derby, I would have quit my job and robbed a bank so I could sit down there and bet on the rail.

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Freezer would have a better shot at it than Shane and Alex I think. While he doesn't always win against those two he beats people in those kinds of games that Shane and Alex don't. He has the upper hand in figuring out how to beat the person and manage the game better. He has a talent for exploiting the person's weaknesses and taking advantage of that as where Alex and Shane would just try more to beat the game.

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Cornflakes

I saw Flakes play Mike Lebron with the " Dollar Bill " in Philly years ago. He could move the cue ball up to that length on any shot ( hand span ), and guess who won 😎😎

I went home a few days later and won every single match with this spot l ever played.
Great game maker, good to see him involved in pool again.
I think he won a lot of Cornflakes that night!

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Hennigan is known in the poker world as Johnny World. Its cause John has the heart to bet on anything .A 30K bet for him is a single bet at the table playing $1000/$2000 no limit hold em. For a pool player its his annual income.

As Doyle Brunson would say "for him its his day in a life. for you its your life".

Don't count Johnny World out on his pool skills. He didn't walk in cold without stroking a cue. He and his buddy Nick Im sure has been getting ready for this.
They love that backpocket 9 ball.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Correction - NO ONE would beat John at this game, now or ever!
You in sports psychology mode? Classic Stockholm syndrome or shell shock for Dennis!

"Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the kings horses and men couldn't put Humpty together again."

Where were you? Its all your fault you know! Lol

Kd

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don't call Hennigan Johnny World for nothing. He got this nickname because he's willing to bet big on ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. This guy is immune to action. A stone cold killer.

Last edited:

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

we know you have a big liking for Dennis which is fine he great player

for me im glad he got beat, he has had lots of issues with questionable ethics, regarding cheating, not paying up (his backers) , quitting half way through set etc

funny he got heisted

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post

for me im glad he got beat, he has had lots of issues with questionable ethics, regarding cheating, not paying up (his backers) , quitting half way through set etc

funny he got heisted

You may not like Dennis O or what you've heard about him, but Jay doesn't deserve this.

accdealer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Hennigan is known in the poker world as Johnny World. Its cause John has the heart to bet on anything .A 30K bet for him is a single bet at the table playing $1000/$2000 no limit hold em. For a pool player its his annual income.

As Doyle Brunson would say "for him its his day in a life. for you its your life".

Don't count Johnny World out on his pool skills. He didn't walk in cold without stroking a cue. He and his buddy Nick Im sure has been getting ready for this.
They love that backpocket 9 ball.

I think you missed the whole point of my thread. it didn't matter if he was in stroke or not, he wouldn't have made a game he couldn't win.

the kid may love back pocket nine ball, and as great of a player as he is, isn't even on the same planet as flakes when it comes to that or any other pocket game. as a side note, much applause for the poker success, it's certainly more lucrative than anything he could have done in pool. having said that, if he put the effort into pool like he did poker, for sure we might be hearing his name all the time instead of SVB. what talent he has to put himself 100% into what he's interested in doing and excel at whatever it is, be it pool or poker.

however, I may stand corrected if flakes was working with him on his pocket games. if that's the case, then everybody look out, there may be a new sheriff in town.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You in sports psychology mode? Classic Stockholm syndrome or shell shock for Dennis!

"Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the kings horses and men couldn't put Humpty together again."

Where were you? Its all your fault you know! Lol

Kd

I'm in L.A. I went home after the Ten Ball. I've got bigger fish to fry here. :)

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post

You may not like Dennis O or what you've heard about him, but Jay doesn't deserve this.

didnt deserve whaat? he sticks up for dennis no matter what even though dennis has blatantly cheated on several occasions? he gets in a bad game and we are supposed to be sympathetic? oh please bore off

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

funny he got heisted

I'm glad you're happy, but you're also very wrong about Dennis. He happens to be a very ethical guy. He did quit an ahead set when both players were even, something many other players have also done, right or wrong. I've never heard anything about him cheating or not paying backers. Of course maybe you were there and can enlighten us about this.

They never play ahead sets in the PI, and Dennis thought it was all right because he had seen other players do the same thing.

You are right that I like Dennis. I respect his pool game but I like him as a friend because he is a good man, a very good man and a good friend, something that is hard to come by these days. He never talks crap about people he doesn't know like some people do on here. If Dennis ever tells me something about someone I know I could bet on it being accurate.

Last edited:

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you missed the whole point of my thread. it didn't matter if he was in stroke or not, he wouldn't have made a game he couldn't win.

the kid may love back pocket nine ball, and as great of a player as he is, isn't even on the same planet as flakes when it comes to that or any other pocket game. as a side note, much applause for the poker success, it's certainly more lucrative than anything he could have done in pool. having said that, if he put the effort into pool like he did poker, for sure we might be hearing his name all the time instead of SVB. what talent he has to put himself 100% into what he's interested in doing and excel at whatever it is, be it pool or poker.

however, I may stand corrected if flakes was working with him on his pocket games. if that's the case, then everybody look out, there may be a new sheriff in town.

What are you talking about??? .John Hennigan, Johnny World, and Cornflakes are all one and the same person.