Cyclop Balls

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I spoke with Frost before his match yesterday and asked what he thought of the Cyclops balls and he said he liked them and they were the best he had played with because they do not skid like other balls, something about holding chalk. I have not tried them yet but I did notice they were still using the measles cue ball.

Ask frost now

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Agreed. The ONLY thing I'd love love love?? Is if the 8-ball were actually like... a textured color. Black is brutal to see when it's on the rail because most places have shadows where the light doesn't cover the whole table when the ball is near the rail - so when the CB is a long ways a way, on a thing cut shot I can hardly find the edge. Anyone else?

Truman,

How about a properly lighted table?

I have the same problem with the 8 & the 6, especially since my eye accident & my astigmatism.

I've even thought about playing with a head light like my cousin uses for when he goes frog 'hunting'.

Regards & Best Wishes,
Rick

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see.

So the PR way is instead of answering the ACTUAL comment, you will come in with a statement you want to make regardless of the relevance to the actual topic.

Why don't you provide a transcript of the interview since you are being so "helpful". Maybe if you are very nice to Jennie she will transcribe it for you.

Of course it does no harm to point out that Diamond will sell these balls in regular colors but that was not the point of the comment Lou. Earlier you jumped Joey's ass about being accurate and listening and a few posts later you are making statements that have nothing to do with the comment you quoted. And for the record Joey was 100% correct in what he said.

"Would suck if they decide to change ball colors later coz then a bunch of people would be stuck with these funky colored ones."

It was a declarative sentence -- there was nothing to answer.

"In the video, Paul Smith of Diamond says that a Cyclop ball set will also be available in traditional colors."

My comment was to point out that no one needs to get stuck with funky ball colors they do not like.

Lou Figueroa
the PR way
is knowing
how to read

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
"Would suck if they decide to change ball colors later coz then a bunch of people would be stuck with these funky colored ones."

It was a declarative sentence -- there was nothing to answer.

"In the video, Paul Smith of Diamond says that a Cyclop ball set will also be available in traditional colors."

My comment was to point out that no one needs to get stuck with funky ball colors they do not like.

Lou Figueroa
the PR way
is knowing
how to read

Um no, try again. The comment JohnPT made was directed AT the people who might buy the SAME balls that CSI is using only to find out later that they change the colors and then be STUCK with the colors used now.

Knowing how to read is when you read and THINK about what you read and how to address it. Not reading with a comment of your own already formed before you finish reading the sentence.

I think you mean the PR way is knowing how to say what you want regardless of the actual topic. In that you are a grandmaster.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Um no, try again. The comment JohnPT made was directed AT the people who might buy the SAME balls that CSI is using only to find out later that they change the colors and then be STUCK with the colors used now

Well, now that they know a Cyclop ball set will be available from Diamond in the traditional colors, that is less likely to happen, so no one will get STUCK with funky colors.

Isn't that great :)

Lou Figueroa

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have dropped my ipod and the ipad several times without them breaking or cracking. The ipod was dropped out of a third story window, hit a wall and then the ground and only has minor scratches. I tripped in the mall and the ipad went flying about 15ft landed, bounced and slid to a stop. I doubt you can find many devices that can take much more abuse than that and still survive.

In contrast my motorola was broken twice after dropping and landing on the super weak power button, a common occurrence after a little searching on the subject of how to fix it.

Ipod dropped out of a third story window and survived. But the employees that make them weren't so lucky. Suicide rate so bad they had to put netting around the factory and have employees sign contracts that they won't commit suicide on company property or their families will pay.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. The ONLY thing I'd love love love?? Is if the 8-ball were actually like... a textured color. Black is brutal to see when it's on the rail because most places have shadows where the light doesn't cover the whole table when the ball is near the rail - so when the CB is a long ways a way, on a thing cut shot I can hardly find the edge. Anyone else?

Or....You can stop leaving yourself so crappy on the 8! :grin-square:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ipod dropped out of a third story window and survived. But the employees that make them weren't so lucky. Suicide rate so bad they had to put netting around the factory and have employees sign contracts that they won't commit suicide on company property or their families will pay.

Please, the suicide rate was lower than China and WAY WAY lower than the USA's.

What a silly thing to say. 17 people committed suicide in a two year period out of 1.5 million.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well, now that they know a Cyclop ball set will be available from Diamond in the traditional colors, that is less likely to happen, so no one will get STUCK with funky colors.

Isn't that great :)

Lou Figueroa

Why? Is Diamond going to be offering a trade-in program? You see AGAIN Lou, IF someone buys a CURRENT set and THEN CSI changes the colors used THEN that buyer will be STUCK with a set that has colors that ARE NOT used at the main event.

This is NOT about whether the standard colors will be available or not.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please, the suicide rate was lower than China and WAY WAY lower than the USA's.

What a silly thing to say. 17 people committed suicide in a two year period out of 1.5 million.

So are you saying that Foxconn is the best place to work in the world because the suicide rate at the factory is so low? The 17 people you mention were on company grounds. Are you suggesting any of the other suicides in China that weren't on company grounds had nothing to do with Foxconn since it didn't happen on company property?

What a silly thing to say.

IMO, the overall rate may be lower, but I think it points to a very specific reason in this case. Poor working conditions and treatment.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So are you saying that Foxconn is the best place to work in the world because the suicide rate at the factory is so low? The 17 people you mention were on company grounds. Are you suggesting any of the other suicides in China that weren't on company grounds had nothing to do with Foxconn since it didn't happen on company property?

What a silly thing to say.

IMO, the overall rate may be lower, but I think it points to a very specific reason in this case. Poor working conditions and treatment.

I am saying that 17 people committed suicide. Not all were work related. The RATE of suicide for Foxconn workers was far lower than China's overall rate and FAR lower than the rate of suicides in the USA.

The reason that they happened on company grounds is because UNLIKE the USA in China many people, millions of them, migrate to the coasts for work and traditionally factories provide housing for those people.

It's not people jumping into machines or coming to work with an AK 47 and "going postal" on their collegues to protest the way they are treated.

It's really sad that you want to take this discussion about the QUALITY of products made in China and link it to the Foxconn suicides.

When in fact this thread is simply a discussion of the balls being used. It should be at least. But hey if you want to go there then I guess we can talk about all the elephants killed in the production of ivory balls, we can talk about the environmental impact of phenolic resin, we can talk about Saluc's role in WW2, I don't know what that was but there is probably some dirt there.

We can make this thread as geopolitical as you want it to be if that's what you really want to happen in a thread that is and should be about the ACTUAL balls being used right now in Vegas.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How the hell did this thread go from an inquiry about some new billiard balls to the suicide rate in China? Reel it in guys. If you don't have anything to add regarding the quality and/or playability of the balls, please keep your bulllshiit to yourself.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely ANYTHING but black. I LOVE that all the colors are brighter. I can re-learn colors... I can't change my acuity in shadows of black objects. I'd love to make a special pleading to the mfg.

Wha-choo got against black-balls?!!

Dem's fightin words!:D

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am saying that 17 people committed suicide. Not all were work related. The RATE of suicide for Foxconn workers was far lower than China's overall rate and FAR lower than the rate of suicides in the USA.

The reason that they happened on company grounds is because UNLIKE the USA in China many people, millions of them, migrate to the coasts for work and traditionally factories provide housing for those people.

It's not people jumping into machines or coming to work with an AK 47 and "going postal" on their collegues to protest the way they are treated.

It's really sad that you want to take this discussion about the QUALITY of products made in China and link it to the Foxconn suicides.

When in fact this thread is simply a discussion of the balls being used. It should be at least. But hey if you want to go there then I guess we can talk about all the elephants killed in the production of ivory balls, we can talk about the environmental impact of phenolic resin, we can talk about Saluc's role in WW2, I don't know what that was but there is probably some dirt there.

We can make this thread as geopolitical as you want it to be if that's what you really want to happen in a thread that is and should be about the ACTUAL balls being used right now in Vegas.

Fair enough JB. I didn't bring up the quality of products, you did on page 1 or 2. I was going to leave it at that until your post criticized how it "was a silly thing to say". And I took that as a slight. I'm not one of the JB haters, just responded to a comment.

I agree, let's get back on the rails with the thread.

Attachments

• internet fight.jpg
    internet fight.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 646

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why? Is Diamond going to be offering a trade-in program? You see AGAIN Lou, IF someone buys a CURRENT set and THEN CSI changes the colors used THEN that buyer will be STUCK with a set that has colors that ARE NOT used at the main event.

This is NOT about whether the standard colors will be available or not.

If this hypothetical buyer is the type of individual to be bothered a color change in a ball or two, then I would recommend that they wait and buy a set of Cyclop balls in the traditional colors, which Diamond will eventually be offering.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Fair enough JB. I didn't bring up the quality of products, you did on page 1 or 2. I was going to leave it at that until your post criticized how it "was a silly thing to say". And I took that as a slight. I'm not one of the JB haters, just responded to a comment.

I agree, let's get back on the rails with the thread.

I responded to a negative comment about the quality of Chinese products by relating my personal experience with Chinese made balls and with Chinese made I-gadgets.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Ask frost now

Yeah Chris, he told me about it last night. He said he felt it was the measles ball that was the problem but then again he does not like that cue ball. I am curious why they did not just use the one with the set, like Floyd said, "They got these guys playing with a training ball with spots all over it.".

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got back from Vegas after being stuck overnight in Houston due to a late flight, played with these balls for a bit.

They play good, with the exception of the cueball, at least the ones used on the 7 footers. All the 9 footers that I could tell used the Aramith measles ball.

They are less noisy than the other sets, breaking makes more of thunk sound than a crack. They did have the same black spots on them as other balls from the Diamond tables, maybe more.

The cueball played heavy and looked milky, there was a clear coat of about a mm on the thing, you can see the cyclop logo imbedded into the clear.