Danny DiLiberto is back in the hospital.

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this kind of news, but happy about the positive improvement, keep it up and get well soon Danny D., your in our prayers.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
If anyone would like to make a small contribution to help Danny get by until he's able to get back out there and give some lessons and do commentary, you can send it to me and I'll make sure Danny get's ALL of it and whatever I can add to it. I've had a couple of people ask me about this and I'm sure he'd be very appreciative. He doesn't have any other income, his SS goes to his daughter in Florida. Thanks to those who've already offered and I hope we can help him get by until he's able to somewhat support himself again.

God Bless!

Sherm

Send any contributions to:
Danny DiLiberto
% Sherm Adamson
3352 Nine Mile Road
Cincinnati, OH

You can also send it to my paypal account at sherm@shermcue.com

Last edited:

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get well soon Danny, I am looking forward to some more of your fine Italian cooking and stories of pool, action and of course the the dogs. You are fount of knowledge and real grinder. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sherm, anyone who sends you $100 or more I'd like to personally thank them by sending them a Danny Di Liberto signed copy of his book, Road Player. I can promise this to at least the first ten people who make that kind of donation.

Thank you for stepping up!

Steve Booth

If anyone would like to make a small contribution to help Danny get by until he's able to get back out there and give some lessons and do commentary, you can send it to me and I'll make sure Danny get's ALL of it and whatever I can add to it. I've had a couple of people ask me about this and I'm sure he'd be very appreciative. He doesn't have any other income, his SS goes to his daughter in Florida. Thanks to those who've already offered and I hope we can help him get by until he's able to somewhat support himself again.

God Bless!

Sherm

Danny DiLiberto
% Sherm Adamson
3352 Nine Mile Road
Cincinnati, OH

I am not far from Buffalo. If Danny needs anything let me know, I would be glad to help out. I'm sure he has plenty of friends here, but I'd be glad to help.

axle

Registered
Danny D

I am not far from Buffalo. If Danny needs anything let me know, I would be glad to help out. I'm sure he has plenty of friends here, but I'd be glad to help.

I was able to speak to him today he sounded good it was good to hear his voice he was upbeat as he always is and funny,he said he would be at the derby city if all went as planed, i told him would look forward to seeing him there he had company there visiting him of course and it took many trys to get through to him on the phone,he has a million freinds ,will see him at louisville it will be great to hear some of the stories , get well soon, Big Tim

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Sounds like he can still chuck golf balls between the goal posts. :groucho:

Thanks to you Sherm for the address where contributions can be sent.

Lets us put our wallets where our mouths be and fork up some cash for the man!

Danny DiLiberto
% Sherm Adamson
3352 Nine Mile Road
Cincinnati, OH

You can also send it to my paypal account at sherm@shermcue.com

ImaPoolnut

I'm just a PoolNut
Silver Member
Danny's looking better every day

I have some great news to share....:):):)

I've visited Danny a few times since he went into the hospital on Saturday afternoon, and I must say he is looking better and better every day. I asked him to try and bare down, really focus and concentrate like he was shooting the 9 ball for $50,000 and try lifting your hand up....low and behold he lifted his arm up 2-3 inches, and has full feeling and sensation from his shoulder to his finger tips...all great news!

Yesterday I was told he lifted his arm even further, like 6 inches. I spoke with Danny just a little while ago and his spirits are high, and other than a lack of sleep, he looks like he may be going home soon to start the road to rehabilatation with physical therapy and a lot of his friends by his side.

Keep up the great work Danny, we all love you, miss you and wish you a speedy recovery...I will see you later tonight.

I myself am looking forward to our regular one pocket game as soon as you're up to it...

ImaPoolnut

I'm just a PoolNut
Silver Member
BCA Induction

A while back I read a bunch of posts regarding trying to convince whomever we need to convince that Danny D get inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame on shear meritorius valor alone. Does anyone know where that is at the moment?

I certainly have no problem spear-heading the campaign, and getting signatures or whatever to show them that it's painfully obvious he deserves to be inducted. His health isn't the greatest, so why are they waiting soooo long to do the right thing? I'd certainly like to be inducted while I'm still alive and well and can appreciate the honor bestowed upon me by my peers.

If anyone has any suggestions, contacts, etc. or can point me in the right direction I will certainly give strong effort to getting this great man inducted.

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We Love You DANNY!!!

Please tell Danny that Dale and David Sparacino send their love and wish you a speedy recovery!!! We love and MISS Ya Danny! Get Well Soon! We will try and call the hospital! Your Friends, Dale and David

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Just spoke to Danny, who is appreciative of all the support he's getting on AZB. He is now in rehab, but can't use his left arm (though he does have a bit of movement in it).

As everyone expected, he has a tremendous fighting spirit. Though he's not getting better as fast as he would like, he has kept a good positive attitude - something we should all admire.

Danny has plans to attend the WPBA event in Buffalo next week if he can get out of the hospital in time. He also definitely is planning on doing Accu-Stats commentary at DCC in January. It would take a lot to keep him from sticking to it - he has a champion's determination.

Best wishes to Danny, and DANNY D. FOR THE HALL OF FAME!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Still Double Dangerous

Talked to Danny D last night.I was pleasantly surprised to hear his voice
sound so strong...and the stroke did not affect his memory what-so-ever.
We talked about he and Billy commentating on a Archer/Fusco match in
1989.Billy has also called BTW.

Same old Danny...an attendant (probably fully aware he's talking to a
boxing hall-of-famer) told him if he went to the toilet one more time
without assistance he was going to have to knock him out.
Danny told him that with a bum left arm combinations weren't on the
menu but he still had a right hand that could do the job and he could
probably arrange a fight for like 20 thou...

I don't know about Danny but I felt a little better after that call...

PS...I appreciate the supporters for Danny in the Hall of Fame....
..been ranting about this for a while

pps...and thanx to Sherm for the heads-up

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Update on Danny's condition and location.

Just a quick update on Danny's condition. I just spoke to him on the phone and he sounded very upbeat. He's amazed at the outpouring of well wishers and friends who've been calling and writing. He gets a daily print out of this thread and wanted me to tell everyone how much he appreciates all of the people who've been responding and praying for his recovery. He really feels that this has been a big factor in his recovery rate.
He's been moved to a different hospital, one that specializes in physical therapy for the recovery. He's now in :
Degraff Hospital
445 Tremont St.
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
Room 214
He feels confident that he'll recover enough to be at the Derby City Classic in January to do commentary for Accu-Stats.

He especially wants me to thank those of you who've made donations to help him get by when he gets out of the hospital. He told me that he was worried about how he was going to pay the bills that will be due for his rent etc.. when he gets out. Anyone who can find it in their hearts and budget to send a small donation will certainly not be forgotten! Steve Booth from onepocket.org is giving an autographed (by Danny) copy of "Road Player" (Danny's latest book) to anyone who donates $100 or more, but if that's more than you can afford in these tough times, anything would be a big help. You can send it to my paypal account > sherm@shermcue.com < or if you don't use paypal you can send it to my snail mail address:

Danny DiLiberto
%Sherm Adamson
3352 Nine Mile Road
Cincinnati OH 45255

Thanks to everyone who sent their well wishes to Danny. He's a great guy who deserves a better hand than he has been dealt.

God Bless!

Sherm

incognito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny,

I've really enjoyed listening to your accu-stats pool commentary for the past several years. You play better from the booth than anyone. I hope to hear more of your great pool insight and storytelling from the announcers booth for years to come.

I was listening to one of my 2008 US open DVDs and you had a great one-liner about Ronnie Alcano's Dolly Parton break, "all bust and no balls." That's the best one I've heard yet and you're got a lot of good ones!

Last edited:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hey Sherm,

It's Chris from Knoxville. Just sent you 100 for Danny... Tell him I was gonna put him in action against Billy Gibbs with it at DCC anyway in some 1pocket... Billy keeps barking at me now that he's getting thru the last bit of his own stroke recovery. I guess I'll have to match up with him myself but I still think of 1 pocket like a beautiful woman... 1 hole still stinks.....

I hope Danny, You, Me and Brian all get to make it to DCC in January :smile:

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Sherm sent $50.00 by PayPal for sale of SI Magazines for DD.

Thanks a lot Bob! As soon as I hear from Dave with his payment and address, I'll send out his magazine. I was glad I happened to have an extra copy. I bought 4or5 a while back and gave a few to Danny because he didn't have a copy for himself. I'm really proud of our little network of pool fans here and how they rallied to help Danny when he needed help. It kinda makes you realize that the world is not as screwed up as it seems sometimes. At least those of us in the pool world are willing to show some kindness to other!

God Bless!

Sherm