Danny DiLiberto is back in the hospital.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Sherm for those comments. I Personal don't know Danny D., but I'm alway ready to give back to the Billiard Community.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Wishing you a speedy recovery Danny. I hope you get back in action and on the mic soon! A token of my appreciation has been sent via Paypal. :thumbup:

Last edited:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sherm, Here another $40.00 for Danny D. This came from Mark Griffin who brought a SI magazine for $10.00 plus contributed another $30.00 for Danny D. Should Receive email from PayPal.

Waiting on DLeeBearToe - mailing address. If Anyone have Danny Daughter address in Fl . Please PM [Just Please insure it her correct address] .

Before anyone say/post anything. SI magazine going to DLeeBearToe IS FREE - I donated the $10.00. She did ask to buy, I refuse the request and donate instead.

I want to Thanks all who bought and Please let me know when you received magazine.

All Money was send by PayPal to Sherm [cuesmith]

Last edited:

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A grateful friend of the pool community

I'm really proud of our little network of pool fans here and how they rallied to help Danny when he needed help. It kinda makes you realize that the world is not as screwed up as it seems sometimes. At least those of us in the pool world are willing to show some kindness to others!

God Bless!

Sherm

....just a minute ago I talked with Danny D, and I quote him here, "You've all been so gracious, just tell everyone that I'm speechless, I'm very, very, grateful for their generosity, kind thoughts, and prayers! I can't believe how many people have written, called, and said all these kind things about me. God willing, I'll see some of them at the Derby in January!"

I know that Danny get's a daily print-out of the posts and it's uplifting his spirit. He also said he's able to move his arm some more, so I know he's very hopeful the physical part of his recovery will go a bit more quickly now.

I'd just like to add, one of my favorite attributes of DiLiberto, is his "FIGHTING SPIRIT, (for my 2 cents worth, it's why he should've been inducted into the Hall Of Fame on his first eligible vote, NO DOG IN HIM, PERIOD!) " the guy's like super-glue, he get's his mind set on something, and he never let's go! With tenacity like that, I sure hope, "You can't keep a good man down for long!"
Get well soon, Danny!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Here an article on Danny from 1999. I believe its' was post before. 6 pages

One Last Shot
At age 64, pool hustler Danny DiLiberto is one of a dying breed. He's not ready, however, to hang up his stick.
By Paul Demko Thursday, Apr 8 1999

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/1999-04-08/news/one-last-shot/

WOW! That is one lengthy, interesting and well written story about Danny Diliberto and pool in general.

I wonder if the Gatsby pool rooms in Boca Raton and WEst Palm Beach that the article talked about are still making dough. Anyone know?

SnookerSandy

Registered
Hang in there Danny

Hey my friend. I heard you are getting better. I would have written earlier, but I was swamped with Dec deadline and it sounded like you had plenty of 'company'. I checked on you every day. Glad your condition is improving. I didn't want you to think I didn't care - I really do. I love your smile, it lights up the whole room. So get better so we can see you somewhere else really soon. Sending you some cash to get you by - wish it could be more but the magazine business isn't that great right now... Take care. I'll be praying for you. Love, Sandy

bondsman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dear friend and a friend to many on this board, Bob "BLACK BART" Ogburn just called me to ask about Danny. Danny and he are good friends and Danny even shares some tales of he and Bob on the road in Danny's book. For any of you in touch with Danny please pass Bob's concern for a long time friend.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
My dear friend and a friend to many on this board, Bob "BLACK BART" Ogburn just called me to ask about Danny. Danny and he are good friends and Danny even shares some tales of he and Bob on the road in Danny's book. For any of you in touch with Danny please pass Bob's concern for a long time friend.

I'll definitely pass that on. If things go right, Danny may be going home to recuperate this weekend. He'll still need help and I was advised that Steve still has 5 of the autographed by Danny, "Road Story" books ready to mail out to anyone who contributes $100 or more. If you can't afford $100 anything you can spare would be a big help to Danny, his bills are pouring in and it's hard to say how long it'll be until he'll be able to give lessons and earn any money. You can paypay the contribution to me at sherm@shermcue.com or if you don't use paypal, you can mail it to me at:
Danny DiLiberto
%Sherm Adamson
3352 Nine Mile Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45255

I'll see that Danny gets every penny of the contributions and whatever I can add.

Thanks and God Bless!

Sherm

bondsman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob told me he was coming here to Virginia to visitt me for few days. Once he is here I am sure we will get together and give something. Bob and Danny traveled on the road together. That had to be a help of a strong team there.

mashokist

best wishes!

i had the good fortune to spend a few hours talking with Danny D at the us open this year, it completely made the whole trip. Forget watching mika scare ppl into snookering themselves or SVB tearing up the losers bracket. when i lost 100 on a match with Ronnie Alcano, Danny sat down and just told me stories for a while. He is one of a kind and needs to stick around for a lot longer.

get well soon!

andrew

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sherm, Here another $40.00 for Danny D. This came from Mark Griffin who brought a SI magazine for $10.00 plus contributed another $30.00 for Danny D. Should Receive email from PayPal.

Waiting on DLeeBearToe - mailing address. If Anyone have Danny Daughter address in Fl . Please PM [Just Please insure it her correct address] .

Before anyone say/post anything. SI magazine going to DLeeBearToe IS FREE - I donated the $10.00. She did ask to buy, I refuse the request and donate instead.

I want to Thanks all who bought and Please let me know when you received magazine.

All Money was send by PayPal to Sherm [cuesmith]

Bob-

Mine arrived in great shape. Thank you for offering up a terrific article and thank you for your very good deeds in and for the pool community.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Thanks Bill, Happy to hear. Sherm any more update on Danny D??

I just got off the phone with Danny. Dianna Hoppe went to New York to play nursemaid and make sure Danny was following the doctors instructions for his recuperation. Lucky Danny! lol

Danny is so appreciative to all of his friends in the pool world who've made contributions and have been praying for his fast recovery, and he wants me to be sure to pass that on to everyone. He said he couldn't have made it

through this whole ordeal without all the well wishers, the prayers and monetary help he's received. He get's emotional whenever we talk about it. He really loves all you guys and can't wait to get out and see everyone at the

Derby. I have some good news. He went to the pool room today for a little while and was able to play a little pool. He said his left arm still feels like a noodle but it's getting better all the time! At least he's able to move it now

and actually make a sloppy bridge, but as I said it's a big improvement over a week ago and steadily getting better. He's a fighter and he won't go down easily! Well that's about all I have for an update, but I'll keep you all

informed as time goes on. He's pretty confident he'll be able to attend the Derby next month and do his commentary for Accu-Stats, which he truly enjoys doing.

Thanks again to everyone who expressed concern, prayed and contributed to help him get by until he's able to earn some on his own. And that's not only from Danny but from me as well! You guys are great and I'm so proud of

how the pool community came together to help one of it's elder statesmen! God Bless you all and have a safe and Happy Holiday Season!

Sherm

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Thank you for the update Sherm. Happy to hear Danny is doing better and has more use of his left arm and hand. I hope he is taking his blood thinners and getting labs done on his PT/inr (clot time). Getting out of the house and playing some pool is good rehab after a stroke...it helps the mental part too. Just hope he doesn't overdue it too soon. All and all great news. Thanks for all you have done and are doing Sherm. Johnnyt

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I just got off the phone with Danny. Dianna Hoppe went to New York to play nursemaid and make sure Danny was following the doctors instructions for his recuperation. Lucky Danny! lol

Danny is so appreciative to all of his friends in the pool world who've made contributions and have been praying for his fast recovery, and he wants me to be sure to pass that on to everyone. He said he couldn't have made it

through this whole ordeal without all the well wishers, the prayers and monetary help he's received. He get's emotional whenever we talk about it. He really loves all you guys and can't wait to get out and see everyone at the

Derby. I have some good news. He went to the pool room today for a little while and was able to play a little pool. He said his left arm still feels like a noodle but it's getting better all the time! At least he's able to move it now

and actually make a sloppy bridge, but as I said it's a big improvement over a week ago and steadily getting better. He's a fighter and he won't go down easily! Well that's about all I have for an update, but I'll keep you all

informed as time goes on. He's pretty confident he'll be able to attend the Derby next month and do his commentary for Accu-Stats, which he truly enjoys doing.

Thanks again to everyone who expressed concern, prayed and contributed to help him get by until he's able to earn some on his own. And that's not only from Danny but from me as well! You guys are great and I'm so proud of

how the pool community came together to help one of it's elder statesmen! God Bless you all and have a safe and Happy Holiday Season!

Sherm

Go DANNY!,,,,,

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Les' we forget...

...Danny is going to be with Grady Mathews and myself at Derby City on Jan 24 for our 3rd annual 1pkt/14.1/ and bank pool 4 1/2 hr seminar. Reserve a spot with me, Grady or Danny. fee is $100 a person.

All 3 of us may be old and a little broke-down, but we still got plenty of knowledge left in our still functioning brains. If you want to learn what we know, show up.

Beard

email or pho for info. bankingwiththebeard@comcast.net or 773 956 6280

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
...Danny is going to be with Grady Mathews and myself at Derby City on Jan 24 for our 3rd annual 1pkt/14.1/ and bank pool 4 1/2 hr seminar. Reserve a spot with me, Grady or Danny. fee is $100 a person.

All 3 of us may be old and a little broke-down, but we still got plenty of knowledge left in our still functioning brains. If you want to learn what we know, show up.

Beard

email or pho for info. bankingwiththebeard@comcast.net or 773 956 6280

This is always a great event. The knowledge of three champions in three different disciplines for one small fee of $100. :thumbup:

Get in while you can!

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How's Danny doing? Sounds like he's gonna make it to DC but how's he getting along?