Hercek or Southwest

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Very true.
I was lucky/smart enough to get on his list in 2006 and have kept in touch. Probably just a couple of years out now.

I got on Joel's list in 2004 and he has answered every single email I have sent him since. I just say Hi every couple of years and he gives me an update. I expect I will get a cue from him someday, in no rush. Great service.

-dj

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy just contacted Joel with his updated address. Joel said he is working through orders from 2003 right now. Sounded like early 2003.

I am on the list from March of 2006. Still a few years out.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy just contacted Joel with his updated address. Joel said he is working through orders from 2003 right now. Sounded like early 2003.

You and I may be in the same batch. Sounds around the time I got on the list as well.

Barry Banks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have never dealt with or owned a SW. But having said that, i would have to go with Hercek. I have never dealt with a more gracious and responsive person, let alone cuemaker. I bought a used Hercek from here two years ago. a week after i got it, the ivory joint cracked. I looked up Joel on the internet and sent him an email asking how much it would cost to replace. He asked me to send him some pictures. When i did, he replied that he was sorry it happened and would replace it for free, since he had only made the cue about a year ago. For FREE! i didn't even buy the cue from him. And all this communicating happened within two hours. He always returned my calls and emails and delivered everything as promised. If I could order a cue and give him business i would do it in a heartbeat. He is a great person, and makes a killer playing/collectible cue ontop of all that.

Bigdogbret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never hit with a Hercek before, but I wouldn't trade my Southwest and the way it plays for any other cue. I have owned two Southwest cues and both are far and away the best playing cues I have ever played with.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Laurie is not coming to the end of her reign
and she is trying desperately to get the cues out as quickly as she can

I am surprised so many people are picking Hercek,his cues must be great
to be in the same league as south west

I would choose SW over anyone for play or resale

I have seen only a few Hercek and I thought they were beautiful in the
Szamboti tradition

Either one of these cues would be a big winner,but I really love the Franklins and their cues

It would be fun to see pictures of some of each

Dean

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
South West for me all day everyday.

Finding the right cue for your game makes looking for a new cue that more exciting. There are so many great cue makers out there today.

Hercek is a master at his craft but they are made in a different traditional lineage than SW cues.

SW is known for their big pin and flat face west coast style.

Hercek is more 5/16-14 piloted joint pin type.

As each person has a different body type, each of us will have different styles of play in our games.

If my number for a custom order came up then I'd take Phil's advise and test out both Hercek's and SW cues then decide from there.

the more information you have, the better off you are.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
OK. Post your pics.

Lets see all the Herceks and SW's you guys have ;)

hachi808

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Damn... He told me a year-and-a-half ago that he was working on his 2003 orders. 2003 must be a big year.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, here's my Hercek

Attachments

• Forearm.JPG
    Forearm.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 529
  • Hercek.JPG
    Hercek.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Randy-backend-one.JPG
    Randy-backend-one.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 357

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
Damn... He told me a year-and-a-half ago that he was working on his 2003 orders. 2003 must be a big year.

His batches have been taking around 2 years as of late....people are ordering a lot fancier cues.

Last edited:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
In all my years of collecting high-end cues I've only seen a handful of SW cues
that caught my attention. However, when I (rarely) see a Hercek for sale I take
the time to thoroughly read the description and view the pictures. They are
truly "objets d' art" in my not-so-humble opinion. Very high on my bucket list.