Hercek or Southwest

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the ebony issue when I was placing my order with Southwest I asked that question and Laurie didn't have any ebony that she trusted. Nevada is a very dry climate and I have read in other posts that they may have had some issues with the ebony that they had, Laurie did tell me that she didn't trust the ebony she had at the time and if I wished to wait I could until it had aged . I wasn't set on ebony I just asked the question. I actually have to give kudos to Laurie for not building a cue from a material she may feel is inferior or not ready just to make the sale. It solidifies Southwest's and her reputation by doing so. As for Southwest basically having one design in there high end cue and probably only offering the basic design with optional rings, wrap and points you can make the argument that they should have figured out how to do it right. I don't know Laurie but I have spoken to her on the phone and I get the distinct impression that nothing is leaving the Southwest shop that is sub great.

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
300 Cues?

You gotta think that Hercek builds under 30 cues a year and Southwest builds over 300 a year. Especially over time, the Hercek cues are more rare. Simple supply and the demand for his cues puts his cues on a whole different level.

Sorry to say but SouthWest does not build 300 cues per year ( probably closer to 100-150 in a good year ). The Serial numbers start at 300 each year. I.E. 15-300 would be the first cue made in 2015.

http://bluebookofpoolcuevalues.com/pool_cue_values/Pool_Cue_Manufacturer.aspx?id=SOUTH_WEST_CUES

Last edited:

sebas

Watch Out Indiana
Silver Member
Hercek for sure

Here is are some. Sorry about the pics.

Attachments

• 20141231_083627.jpg
    20141231_083627.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 20141231_083640.jpg
    20141231_083640.jpg