Important VISUALS info for CTE PRO ONE

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, that is correct concerning straight-ins and your strongest visual approach for those shots.

For other shots, the awareness of the aiming eye can result in your optimal visual alignment at CCB. There can be slight variations according to the shot at hand.

Stan Shuffett

Please note that for any 1 line visual, the eye that aims can be chosen.

The zero angle shots provide a choice as well.

The cut shot, 2 line visuals with a CTEL do not offer a choice.

Stan Shuffett

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Stan,

Do you ever approach the shot from a cross-eyed position?

My cousin was born cross-eyed and aligning the shot has always been the toughest part of the game for him. He has been working with CTE with much success. It seems to come naturally to him while I still struggle with it. After reading this thread I think I understand why.

I'll be watching your posts now.

TomInFaribo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Wilson

One warning should have been issued after first post and then banned. We all know about the CTE and other aiming system haters out there and we are all tired of them wasting valuable people's time.

Thanks for the posts Stan. I do own your DVD.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 line perceptions. Aim line/CTEL

One advantage of teaching and in this case preparing to present material on a DVD is that the material is studied indepth over and over. As I learn I am happy to share.

A CB has 2 edges for aiming.

Concerning the 2 line visuals for CTE PRO ONE, it is almost always THE eye that aims a CBE to an OB Aimpoint that also sights the CTEL.

Consider this for concept development.

A 2 line visual for a cut to the left could have, depending on the shot, either your left or right eye doing the work of acquiring the perceptions for aiming and CTEL sighting.

That 2 line perception can be perceived as an overlap, a channel or even a tube.

To test this you could close one eye and see if the open eye can clearly perceive both lines. It is Okay for the open eye to shift from the aim line to the sight line but NO head movement is allowed. This is an easy way to determined which eye is picking up the 2 line perceptions or not.

The AIMING EYE leads you to CCB ball during your visual sweep for YOUR strongest visual alignment.

***I am right eye dominant. When my right eye leads to CCB, I am significantly over my right eye. When my left eye leads the way to CCB, I still favor my right eye but perhaps, not as strongly.

Stan Shuffett

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
One warning should have been issued after first post and then banned. We all know about the CTE and other aiming system haters out there and we are all tired of them wasting valuable people's time.

Thanks for the posts Stan. I do own your DVD.

Tom, thank you for your input.
While you have no idea what other obligations I may need to attend in a day, thank you for sharing your opinion on how it should have been handled.

Dave

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Shuffett

I purchased the Cte Pro One about 2 years ago, maybe 3. Time flies. In the video, I found Stan to be a genuinely honest man, with a direct intention to explain his system so anyone could learn it. He does so brilliantly in his video. Heck, if I can grasp it, lol, anyone can. I had to work at it for a few months, sure, as everything didn't just come at once. But I have never shot better in my life, or had more confidence in knowing I can make a balls. I would like to personally thank Stan Shuffett for his unselfishness in showing players a great system to enjoy pool even more.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased the Cte Pro One about 2 years ago, maybe 3. Time flies. In the video, I found Stan to be a genuinely honest man, with a direct intention to explain his system so anyone could learn it. He does so brilliantly in his video. Heck, if I can grasp it, lol, anyone can. I had to work at it for a few months, sure, as everything didn't just come at once. But I have never shot better in my life, or had more confidence in knowing I can make a balls. I would like to personally thank Stan Shuffett for his unselfishness in showing players a great system to enjoy pool even more.

Thanks, just kick'n,

I do appreciate your positive comments.

Stan Shuffett

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Specifically for PRO ONE visual sweeps:

It is important to develop an awareness of which eye picks up your AIM LINE during ball address for your various shots. Your left eye does not always perceive the aim line for left cuts and vice versa for your right eye.

THE EYE that perceives the aim line CAN lead you to a distortion free, optimal view of CCB during full stance. The cue ball is your target not the object ball.

**For extremely thin cuts, either eye can perceive this single line, 1/8 CB OB overlap. Experiment for yourself and discover which eye can perceive the 1/8 overlap and lead you most effectively to CCB.

***The info in the above paragraph applies in the same manner to the 1 line visuals of A and. C as thin cuts.

Stan Shuffett

Started concentrating more on which eye does my aiming, pretty startling results. I think you really have it down Stan, and your hard work to fully understand CTE has been amazing. Thanks for your continued sharing of your work to help people fully understand.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question:

Work with this on the practice table.

As you are acquiring your 2 line visuals, you are using your eyes differently. We have stereo vision and we typically allow our 2 lines of sight to triangulate to a specific object.

When perceiving your visuals, you are not directly behind either line. This is a new way of using your eyes at ball address in seeing a relationship between a CB/OB.

One eye can perceive both lines. Sometimes you right eye picks up one line and your left eye will perceive the other line.

In time you will know which eye is doing the work. I began developing my awareness of this by closing one eye then the other to determine which eye was doing what. Now, I know without thinking about it.

Once you have identified the aiming eye and let's say you have your visuals, then shift your focus to the CB, specifically CCB. Allow your aiming eye to lead you to CCB during your visual sweep. ( This can lead to slight adjustments for your visual alignment when in full stance.)

For the single line visuals, a line can be perceived with either eye. This CAN be important in positioning your body for your easiest most effective sweep to CCB as well your optimal CBB aim.

There is no doubt that during CTE PRO ONE you will learn to use your eyes differently. The visuals force you to be in a correct ball address position at first.

Each one of your eyes have the computing power of the fastest super computers in the world. Allow your visual intelligence to grow in this game by developing an awareness of what your amazing eyes are doing during the visuals process and their route to CCB.

Stan Shuffett
So the visuals are objective but...
A) you need to determine which visual to use.
B) you need to determine which eye or eyes to view them with
& C) you then need to determine if it is an inside or outside pivot?

Is there a clear explanation on how to accomplish the above three tasks?

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^^^ I sincerely hope the above question is not viewed as harassment.

My sense of humor was not accepted well but my interest in learning is still genuine.

Last edited:

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes - hard work and table time.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A. Yes, Basically, 2 CTE perceptions make every shot on the table. Yes, as a person learns the system there is only one correct choice except for the single interchange. The choices are objective....your choices lead to pocket connections.

B. Yes, either eye or any focal point toward the middle is perfect. What matters is that your visual alignment during full stance matches your focal point at ball address.

C. Yes, very simple...a correct visual followed by the correct rotation connects to a pocket....it is not difficult to learn the proper rotations.

The system leads to unlocking the zillion shots on a table. This can be learned very quickly with a proper mindset. Just a few things to see and 2,sweeps.

DVD2,will covers your questions, too.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about starting a new thread but hope I can get a question answered here. I am having some trouble with visual sweeps to the right. I hit almost everything center pocket when sweeping to the left. Does anyone else have problems sweeping one particular way? Could part of it be I have just been getting down the same way for so long without using Pro One that one sweep feels natural while the other does not? Thank you for any input.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about starting a new thread but hope I can get a question answered here. I am having some trouble with visual sweeps to the right. I hit almost everything center pocket when sweeping to the left. Does anyone else have problems sweeping one particular way? Could part of it be I have just been getting down the same way for so long without using Pro One that one sweep feels natural while the other does not? Thank you for any input.

I also run into this from time to time, usually when i don't play very often. You just have to practice and pay a lot of attention to your visuals. I think it is related to playing for years without using pro-one.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have had the same issue, still do sometimes for certain types of shots. Oddly enough, my bad side switched - I used to be better from the left, then was better from the right, now back to the left again... :)

For me, I think something about the pivoting motion with the left sweep is more natural, and for a right hander you can keep your eyes more in line on the way down. With the right sweep, I almost feel like I have to lean to the right a bit to make sure I come down into CCB properly, otherwise occasionally you can make that drop down move to CCB a little too straight and end up thick on the ball.

For me this is a very occasional mistake, almost never happens now, but it did, and the only "cure" was just practice and paying attention to my initial alignment and visuals and making sure I was dropping down from outside the initial visual and not just straight into the cueball. I basically worked that side until it was as natural as from the left.
Scott