Mark Gregory Centennial Photos

I didnt know you that well. Saw you at a few tourneys back then and said hi a few times. I played with the guys in Somerset. Dan Muhollen, Dave Damico and Mike Grebeck. All were top flight players back then. Not sure if you remember those guys.

Yes...of course I remember those guys......very good players.
I knew little Davey...from when he would come to breakers poolroom.....I was always trying to play him...lol
We never played........Paul Mottey used to say I wanted to play million dollar 9-ball.....I was always trying to raise the beat...lol

Those were some great times back in Pittsburgh.....and we had a lot of great players in the city.
Marino was the best....what a great player he was. WOW

Tell those guys I said hello when you see them again.

Don't want to turn this into a pool player thread......I'm happy for Chris the owner of the table.......great guy and now a truly great friend.

Mark Gregory

Sam at TAP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll let Lil Davey know

Davey owns a little bar in Somerset...I'll let him know. As for Mike, he was killed last Summer. He was working on a payloader and had it idling...it kicked into gear and ran him over killing him instantly.

Last edited:

67GT500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no doubt in my mind that table plays as great as it looks!!! Congrats to you and Mark for restoring one of the nicest Brunswick tables to even better than new. I'm so jealous.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it so mmuch i want to sell my Kling and buy one

or trade for a centenniel

Dean

214 477 7323

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Mark should be in the BCA Hall of Fame someday. :smile:
That is the best looking table in the world imo.
And very likely the best playing one too.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I can say about Mark with 100% certainty is that he is a meticulous perfectionist and he is constantly striving to raise his own bar. For someone that has put as much as he has into his craft, the BCA HOF would be fitting for sure. He's a funny bastard too!

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stunning.

What you need now is a light that adds that little extra touch.

🎱

I've got LED Floods in the ceiling above the table. Perfect table lighting. Function over form is this case because Mark can make a light that would look great. I just don't think it would light the table better than my current setup. As much as Mark would like to make me a matching light, I think he agrees with me...

I've got LED Floods in the ceiling above the table. Perfect table lighting. Function over form is this case because Mark can make a light that would look great. I just don't think it would light the table better than my current setup. As much as Mark would like to make me a matching light, I think he agrees with me...

I don't think Chris needs a light...we spoke of installing one.
Table has plenty of lighting for play.
This is the light I was going to install over the table. IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

Mak Gregory

Maybe I do need a light...

Lol....your funny....I think your fine...but this light is pretty kool looking.
If you were closer.....I would put one up and if your weren't happy I would take it down.
But I think you would love it....lol
I don't want the light to match the table.....I want it darker to off set the tables.
Thanks for everything

Mark Gregory

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So let me get this straight. What we seem to have here is a magnificent Centennial with LED's in the ceiling so this "old Brunswick Light", that coordinates perfect with a Centennial happens to just laying around Mark's shop without a home? DO I have the right?

You guys seem to really be in a jam. Let me know if I can help you out :rolleyes:

Mark, we need to talk soon in general. My table is playing very well.

All the best.
Phil

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a nice restored Centennial on ebay for $15K from Texas. The Ebay one looks good, but not near quite as good as this one.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Super Billiard Expo

I heard a rumor that Mark is going to have a booth at the SBE this year. :thumbup:

So let me get this straight. What we seem to have here is a magnificent Centennial with LED's in the ceiling so this "old Brunswick Light", that coordinates perfect with a Centennial happens to just laying around Mark's shop without a home? DO I have the right?

You guys seem to really be in a jam. Let me know if I can help you out :rolleyes:

Mark, we need to talk soon in general. My table is playing very well.

All the best.
Phil

Hey Phil
No....that light is made for a customer here in Atlanta that I'm refinishing his centennial and making new Honduras rosewood rails...ball box...and veneer for the pedestals.
He loved the look of the light so I built that one for his table.

Chris has a beautiful room where his table is....so we both thought the room looks better without a light hanging over the table.
But....we may both be having second thoughts....lol
The light looks really good over those centennial tables.
Call me anytime brother....my line is always open to you.
Thanks
Mark Gregory

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice work Mark!! Do you rebuild the bed too? If/when
you do, do you install any kind of leveling system, or just go
old school?

That light is sweet too!!

td

Really nice work Mark!! Do you rebuild the bed too? If/when
you do, do you install any kind of leveling system, or just go
old school?

That light is sweet too!!

td

I install more supports in the frames....I block sand all the slates for level before I install the slates on the tables.
I use wicks between the slates to glue the seems so the slates don't move.
I don't see the need for leveling systems on the frames.....once the table is leveled properly.....even if the table gets out of level between recovery....best to leave the table...the more people mess with tables trying to tweak the foot here or there.....or try to adjust the table with the cloth on...is a waste of time.
To many factors play apart of the leveling tables....is the cloth straight when installed.....Was the cloth stretched with the proper indexing.....were the rail bolts tightened down with even pressure....I could go on.
When you move a slate up or down because the tables rollling out in the corner.....that effects level somewhere else on the table.

I believe the table get leveled as well as you can before the cloth goes on.....then relevel the slates when you recover the table.
Tables move all the time.....exspanstion.....and contraction of the wood from weather.
No tables going to stay level......so why keep trying to level the table when it's been done.
All someone is doing is making the location that's rolling out a little better while creating another problem.
I don't want to get into this...because people are going to have other opinions......myself....I believe tables should be leveled with no cloth on the slates....lock the slates down....and the table should play very well until the next recovery....if that person knows what their doing.
My tables play great and are very very solid when I'm done with them.

Mark Gregory

JC

Coos Cues
Workmanship above and beyond goes without saying. Simply incredible.

The veneers in the legs are just a little too busy for my liking however.

So I will not be interested in buying this table.

May I see another please? :rolleyes:

JC