Matchroom 2024 World Pool Masters (25-28 April), Germany, Winner $40K

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
seeing the brackets, this is the toughest field i ever seen for this event. ...
Yup. Eight of this year's players also played last year. The other four this year (Ko PC, Duong Quoc Hoang, Yapp, and Gorst) have an average FargoRate of 829 currently (with 3 of them at or above 830), while the other four last year (Feijen, Soufi, Zheng Xiao Huai, and Kazakis) currently average 805 (with the highest at 816).

[I chose not to try to find FargoRates from last year.]

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Odds are quite spot on in first round.
Though expect some upsets. Probably Lechner, Yapp .
Don't think FSR and SVB will be upsetted again by their opponents this year :LOL:

wpm24 odds.PNG

In the US, does this only stream on DAZN? No TV and no "tv channel" streaming? No Matchroom streaming, either?

What about other countries? Does it stream on Sky? Elsewhere?

jbart65

Matchroom's use of the rankings to select the players takes most of the politics out of it, but I admit I am not crazy about using earnings as the chief criteria. I'd like to see a combination of earnings and finish in ranked events.

The wild cards are obvious, of course. Someone from the Philippines, for one thing. I am surprised it was Aranas. I would have preferred Carlo or Raga, but Aranas did get to the semis of the WPM last year.

MR also wants to capitalize on the huge success it had and is having in Vietnam. Quoc is a tough player, too. No gimme for anyone.

Feijin just turned 47 by the way. Not quite pushing 50 - and he's still damn good!

Got to wonder how jet lag affects some of the non-Europeans. Just one bad match ...

Gorst seems to have factored that in by going to Russia for a bit. As he said on FB, "Feeling well rested and prepared for the upcoming World Pool Masters in Hildesheim, Germany which starts on Wednesday."

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the US, does this only stream on DAZN? No TV and no "tv channel" streaming? No Matchroom streaming, either?

What about other countries? Does it stream on Sky? Elsewhere?

viasat here in scandinavia. i think sky is only in the UK and maybe Ireland

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is all I get when I try to access DAZN/pool. At first I see a dropdown for "Sports", but then it evaporates and this shows up, only without the "POOL" part of the screen:

1714059556372.png

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid the $5 to watch through Matchroom.live, but there is no link to watch it that I can find. HEEELLLP

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAZN is such a P.O.S. I now see a screen with World Pool Masters Day One LIVE and a "Subscribe Now", but when I click on that, all that shows up is this: No matter how many times I click on the World Pool Masters link, it keeps coming back to this "Fight Season" option, with no alternative showing.

1714061185828.png

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that Canadian link keeps working once the match starts, that'd been both great and funny.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice interview live with Kaci now. Talking about his broken hand. Good to have the personal stories and build player interest, off the table.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poor Karl. JJ said his best moment was that 8 ball miss. Even Liu Haitao was stunned tot he was dreaming when Karl missed. The female commentator rubbed it :ROFLMAO: