Mosconi Cup Team USA 2014

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Donny and Stevie both deserve to be on the team. Both of them have more proven track records, have done nothing to tarnish their images or that of pool in general, and would wipe the floor with the majority of folks on these lists for the cash. It's all a sham if these two aren't considered.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
On playing merit and recent tournament credentials:

Shane Van Boening
Mike Dechaine
Rodney Morris
Justin Bergman
Johnny Archer

Based on the credentials I believe Mark Wilson is looking for, though:

Shane Van Boening
Jeremy Sossei
Landon Shuffet
Justin Hall
Oscar Dominguez

If Matchroom meddles in the process:

Shane Van Boening
Earl Strickland
... and three others

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The five man mosconi cup team - not yet.

The five players who will make up the US Mosconi Cup team will not be known until way late in the Summer roughly about the same time as the Euro names are revealed.

What you will have are the names of eight players who comprise the Mosconi Cup Squad. The announcement of these eight is very imminent and they will spend a lot of upcoming time together and therefore keeping the pressure on each other for the five spots that are available in Blackpool

TheThaiger

Banned
Euro's "dirty little secret," I guess.

Maybe a cryptic Vegas post will be forthcoming sine die.

Firstly, what are you talking about? Secondly, aren't you aways chastising people for gossip and innuendo, particularly when it relates to pro pool players?

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rankings for players is based on results of singles competition.

The Mosconi Cup is a team event, which is something quite different.

Team effort is over rated in Mosconic cup kind of pool tournaments.
In the track and field - 100 x4 and 400X4 realys more team unity/effort/cohesion is needed than the Mosconic cup pool tournament.
To represent America in Relay team for 100 and 400 they pick the top four in 100 Meter and Top four in 400 Meters individual races. After the relay team is selected they then practice the batton exchange.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team effort is over rated in Mosconic cup kind of pool tournaments.
In the track and field - 100 x4 and 400X4 realys more team unity/effort/cohesion is needed than the Mosconic cup pool tournament.
To represent America in Relay team for 100 and 400 they pick the top four in 100 Meter and Top four in 400 Meters individual races. After the relay team is selected they then practice the batton exchange.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you. I have seen all but about three of the 20 Mosconi Cups. In virtually every case it has been won by the team who have the best team spirit.
In the early years the US had Rempe, Varner etc who wee all close knit with each other.The Euro tean hardly knew each other coming as they did from many different countries. But over the years the Eurpeans got better acquainted while the US Players just did their own thing. From being US one way traffic it is now their opponents who dominate. So team spirit is so important

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team spirit is definitely important in the MC.

If it weren't, then our team of "guys that could beat their guys for the cash" would have won easily last year.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
SVB
Johnny
Corey
Donny
Stevie

Team chemistry would be off the charts good and I think this team would give us our best chance to win.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
I can guarantee you that Mark Wislon is going to ONLY pick guys he can teach. The only exception is Shane.

Teach what? Aren't they already supposed to be game ready? I can understand the team chemistry thing. He can just follow Paul Azingers lead with the Ryder Cup in that regard , but he's going to lose horribly if he's gonna try to teach some lesser players anything about the game in general. All of the guys can benefit from a preparation, chemistry, or handling pressure standpoint with regards to training, but the pool ability still has to be there and it ain't gonna happen with all the psycho babble in the world if he goes with 4 unseasoned rookies.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Firstly, what are you talking about? Secondly, aren't you aways chastising people for gossip and innuendo, particularly when it relates to pro pool players?

Thaiger, you are so wrong. She only protects AMERICAN pro pool players. The rest of the world's pool players are scum and certainly "bash-able"

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thaiger, you are so wrong. She only protects AMERICAN pro pool players. The rest of the world's pool players are scum and certainly "bash-able"

And some hands on Team Europe hands are not all clean, yet Rodney seems to be taking the brunt of it. In fact, there's an equal distribution this time, three Americans and three Europeans whose behavior at last year's Mosconi Cup was less than desirable.

You went after me in the Rodney thread, which was pointed out ot you by other members, and here you are again -- troll, troll, trolling along.