Mosconi Cup Team USA 2014

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I might be alone on this, but my #1 thing I want to see the American team do is act like they are playing for their country, not playing for some East NY street gang. I want to see them play the best that they are capable of playing, and show respect to everyone, including fans and the Europe team. As far as winning, it would be nice, but I'd be happy this year getting 6 or more points and play and act like someone that really cares. Johnnyt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might be alone on this, but my #1 thing I want to see the American team do is act like they are playing for their country, not playing for some East NY street gang. I want to see them play the best that they are capable of playing, and show respect to everyone, including fans and the Europe team. As far as winning, it would be nice, but I'd be happy this year getting 6 or more points and play and act like someone that really cares. Johnnyt

Earl Strickland cared very much this last Mosconi Cup, but the team unity did not seem to be in place. Make no mistake about it, Earl was in it to win it. :wink:

TheThaiger

Banned
And some hands on Team Europe hands are not all clean, yet Rodney seems to be taking the brunt of it. In fact, there's an equal distribution this time, three Americans and three Europeans whose behavior at last year's Mosconi Cup was less than desirable.

You went after me in the Rodney thread, which was pointed out ot you by other members, and here you are again -- troll, troll, trolling along.

What is 'trolling' about asking you to justify rumour and innuendo? :confused:

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm wondering why Jesse Engel is not on a list. He's a monster and watching him play bonus ball with the big guys he's cool, composed and a great shot maker. He should be considered as well.

I couldn't agree more.. Jesse puts in the work and is very deserving for consideration. Being he's only 21-22 he's going to be around for awhile... It would be nice to see some of the younger guys...

-Jonas

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol.

You and Barton do seem to attract controversy.

Barton is a successful businessman in the pool industry, which sometimes does attract jealous flame throwers from time to time. He's entitled to his opinions, just like you are. The only difference between you and him is that he is a known entity. You, on the other hand . . .

I'm not on here enough anymore to attract anything. In fact, the more and more multipled-identitied and banned members posting that continue wreak havoc on a daily basis on this forum, the less I visit this place. I used to really enjoy AzBilliards back in the early 2000s. The Main News Page is what I usually go to now, just to kepe up with the latest pool news. The forum? Not so much anymore.

At 60 years of age, I am limiting my time to be subjected to folks like you. I'm looking for a softer place to land where I can surround myself with positive energy and joy. :smile:

Life is too short, and it's getting shorter and shorter for me. :embarrassed2:

Attachments

• 1002646_601635513251485_1241132532_n.jpg
    1002646_601635513251485_1241132532_n.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 161

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
And some hands on Team Europe hands are not all clean, yet Rodney seems to be taking the brunt of it. In fact, there's an equal distribution this time, three Americans and three Europeans whose behavior at last year's Mosconi Cup was less than desirable.

You went after me in the Rodney thread, which was pointed out ot you by other members, and here you are again -- troll, troll, trolling along.

This is getting old, every time someone disagrees with you, they are either trolls or ganging up against you or using one of their multiple accounts to get you.

Perhaps you should try to understand that this is not about you - try to realise that most posters at AZB are not here to target you or any other persons. We are actually here to discuss topics or exchange information

Sadly - in your world of paranoia - anyone who disagrees with you is a troll

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is getting old, every time someone disagrees with you, they are either trolls or ganging up against you or using one of their multiple accounts to get you.

Perhaps you should try to understand that this is not about you - try to realise that most posters at AZB are not here to target you or any other persons. We are actually here to discuss topics or exchange information

Sadly - in your world of paranoia - anyone who disagrees with you is a troll

I actually have quite a few friends on AzBilliards and don't encounter a problem with any of them. It seems like if somebody disagrees wtit you, however, you troll -- excuse me -- reply to them on every thread you can find their name. You were called out on it in the Rodney thread.

Of course, if the truth hurts about Europe . . .

Carry on, pooladdict. Must be a slow day in Norway. :smile:

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB
Johnny
Corey
Donny
Stevie

I like your picks corvette, but would also like to see Earl in the mix, maybe player / coach, that would definitely spice things up.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
I actually have quite a few friends on AzBilliards and don't encounter a problem with any of them. It seems like if somebody disagrees wtit you, however, you troll -- excuse me -- reply to them on every thread you can find their name. You were called out on it in the Rodney thread.

Of course, if the truth hurts about Europe . . .

Carry on, pooladdict. Must be a slow day in Norway. :smile:

Oh my.. :banghead: There are no slow days in Norway, too cold :thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh my.. :banghead: There are no slow days in Norway, too cold :thumbup:

I recently received my DNA results from 23andMe-dot-com, and I am 0.5 percent Scandanavian and 0.1 percent Finnish.

Imagine my shock and horror to discover that I am 99.9 European. :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Attachments

• DNA.jpg
    DNA.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 141

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
SVB
Johnny
Corey
Donny
Stevie

Team chemistry would be off the charts good and I think this team would give us our best chance to win.

I think everyone shouldl agree that SVB is a "guaranteed" or should be. Not sure Johnny meets the description of "a younger group this year". :)

From reading threads , it seems Donnie is a real good player, great if your playing on his table! :wink:

Corey might be questionable since his last game and spot with SVB.

Stevie wouldn't be good for the team and I definitely wouldn't want him representing our country. Wondering who he would blame if he happened to lose? He is already banned from one annual tournament for his actions and I would bet he wasn't even considered as an invite to the BCA this year.

Lots f other great players out there to chose from.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

I have to agree. With the American players in the past, much of the time it has not been about playing for the team, or playing for your country. It has been about getting a $10,000 payday just for showing up. After that who cares, they got their free 10k. That is what has been in most of their heads. The American players see it too much like an exhibition match where both sides get paid. They already got their fee just for showing up, you are not going to get a full effort out of them.

We need guys that support and root for each other. Guys that are hungry for a win not only for their own pride, but even more for their country. Guys that have heart, and don't give any less than 100% of their effort, particularly when they are behind.

What is bad for the team is anyone that whines, is negative, gives up in any way, or shows anything less than complete respect for the opponent, the host country, the venue, the spectators, the officials, and the game.

TheThaiger

Banned
I recently received my DNA results from 23andMe-dot-com, and I am 0.5 percent Scandanavian and 0.1 percent Finnish.

Imagine my shock and horror to discover that I am 99.9 European. :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Yeah, but we got rid of you. That's the important thing. :wink:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, but we got rid of you. That's the important thing. :wink:

My ancestors were smart, because I'm now living in the best country in the world, which is why euro pros continue to emigrate to America. :wink:

England shot itself in the foot when they tried to stop us.

Attachments

• JB - Proud to be an American-2.jpg
    JB - Proud to be an American-2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 72