NEW Center to Edge (C T E ) Pro One Aiming System

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Or just learning a couple perceptions that are constantly repeated over and over would be even easier.

That's not what's on the HAPS dvd. I was adding something that actually ties into that material.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Or just learning a couple perceptions that are constantly repeated over and over would be even easier.

Sure, once a player has enough experience to be able to recognize when a perception is a little thin or a little thick. Until then it's trial and error, much like traditional fractional aiming, which involves player judgement as to whether or not any certain shot looks a little thinner or thicker than one of the standard quarters that Dr. Dave shows to practice in the HAPS dvd. The more you do it, the more accurate your judgment gets.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Proportions and perceptions help.

Knowing where to hit the OB or contact point (CP) on the OB.

Knowing where to send the CB to hit that CP on the OB with the
corresponding CP on the CB helps.

I agree....somewhat.

Contact points help those who use double the distance or equal-opposite contact points/proportions, as well as any other cp reference method. But fractional aiming can be done quite effectively without referencing any contact points. It's more about how the cb-ob relationship is perceived and processed.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, once a player has enough experience to be able to recognize when a perception is a little thin or a little thick. Until then it's trial and error, much like traditional fractional aiming, which involves player judgement as to whether or not any certain shot looks a little thinner or thicker than one of the standard quarters that Dr. Dave shows to practice in the HAPS dvd. The more you do it, the more accurate your judgment gets.

See you just don't know enough about CTE. Recognizing thick or thin is real easy once you know the complete instructions.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
That's not what's on the HAPS dvd. I was adding something that actually ties into that material.

You need the two DVD's, personal lessons and the book to get it .
But, it's only ABC references. Left to right.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need the two DVD's, personal lessons and the book to get it .
But, it's only ABC references. Left to right.

Don't forget that eventually there will also be a *very* lengthy book to study.

Lou Figueroa
see the shot
shoot the shot

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
See you just don't know enough about CTE. Recognizing thick or thin is real easy once you know the complete instructions.

Yes, I've seen Stan's instructions on how to do this. It is exactly as I said -- experience. Sure, it's easy when the ob is within a couple of feet from the pocket, but for longer distances with balls out in the middle of the table, it's harder to depict when a shot looks just a few degrees too thick or too thin.

It's like that with all aiming methods. It doesn't matter if you're referencing the ghostball, contact points, a fractional reference, or a CTE "fixed" cb perception. It's not easy until the player gathers enough experience, enough table time, to make it easy. It feels easy for experienced players because we've learned how to recognize it through rote, but any inexperienced player can prove that it's not quite as easy as better players make it look. :smile:

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should call this the TL system;

for Time Loop...

Actually I think I know enough pool to make practical use of CTE;

like knowing immediately if I'm playing real or virtual pool...

Butt srsly, contact points give you the actual shot regardless of how the balls lay. Combinations, caroms, even kicks and banks once you figure out the cushion dynamics.
Pool just doesn't get any simpler,
or easier. :)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some ways (systems) of aiming works better for one person than another and that is a FACT.

Another fact but some may not agree....Regardless of which way (system).....you will have to incorporate:

HAMB into the mix or you will never be proficient at said way (system).

Me? I use ghost ball, CTE, 90/90, edge of shaft, parallel and several more depending on situation........BUT........I could have NEVER reached my current level of play if HAMB was not the most common denominator with all the above ways (systems) of aiming.

Every time I read these threads, I have to wonder why anyone would leave so much knowledge on the table (pun intended) by not learning all they can about everything pool......new and old.

Jeff

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I promised to share an early impression with all of AZ Billiards on Stan Shuffett's NEW CTE/Pro One Aiming System.

As I have mentioned in past posts in other threads, I don't plan on detailing how Stan's CTE/Pro One Aiming System works. You can buy the video if you think the price is worth it, whenever that might happen to be.

I've used CTE for alignment purposes for a few years now. I always thought that CTE was the best alignment system in the world. It always puts your body in the right spot, at least for me.

I have had lots or problems in the past using CTE for consistently making balls and getting shape. The reason is in my opinion is that I never really "got it" and that is for a variety of different reasons. Some of the reasons are:
I was only able to understand and utilize part of CTE. The old CTE required some intuitive adjustments at least for me but not on all shots. Some shots would split the pocket, some were iffy and some, I was able to make because of my past experience in shooting pool.
Another reason that I had difficulty is that the information out there was difficult to wrap my mind around it. I just didn't quite grasp everything that was being said about CTE.

In fact, there is a lot of misinformation about CTE out there and I would hate to be someone trying to teach CTE with the information of the past as it could be downright confusing.

That being said, I knew that there were people out there who were improving their pool games because of CTE.

Hal Houle and I talked many times over the past few years and I regret not having the urge to learn more about CTE from him.

Stan Shuffett entered the picture a week ago or so and invited to teach me his CTE/Pro One Aiming System. I've always been eager to hear anything that Stan had to say, especially when it comes to pool. Stan is by far the most conscientious pool instructor I know. He practices what he preaches and he can really play. His son, Landon Shuffett is the REAL DEAL and can play at a professional level. Stevie Moore's name is becoming a very recognized professional pool player with all of the tournaments that he has been winning. Stan has taught both of these players his NEW CTE/Pro One Aiming System AND THEY ARE USING IT.

Now along comes JoeyA, practice player extraordinaire..... I've used more aiming systems, methods and techniques than most players ever hear of. I like learning about new things especially as they relate to pool and anything that can improve my game, has my attention.

I have bought and been given more intructional videos than I care to mention and each one of them have taught me something very valuable that has helped my game to develop. I'm still a dog and can't beat any of Houma Troy's boys regardless of what he says but my game has gotten better over the years and I wanted to give myself a chance to learn the NEW CTE/Pro One. Stan has a gift for teaching. He's a professor in his own right and has great communication skills so I figured if he had further defined CTE/Pro One, I had to try learning it from him.

It didn't take long for me to learn the NEW basics of CTE/Pro One.

I immediately started feeling the exuberance that many Houlians exhibit as the system is different from any other system out there.

With the NEW CTE/Pro One Aiming System, some of the things that I experienced were a lack of pressure for pocketing the balls. My old method of shooting pool is basically contact point to contact point and it works pretty well for me.

I soon realized that this aiming system was far more than an alignment system that got you close to the shot. Everyone who uses CTE has improved their game simply because the old CTE system allowed you to have a constant alignment that helps you see the shot better.

What I have come to realize is that Stan's NEW CTE/Pro One is a FINITE, MEASUREABLE and CONSISTENT aiming system.

While it was quite easy for me to learn the system, the fact that I missed some shots bothered me a great deal. I don't like missing shots but I guess it's to be expected when you learn a new system.

The basics of the system are EASY to understand once you get the terminology down pat. I have a unique way of communicating when I want to learn something and Stan tolerated my many questions and he answered each and every question without being irritated (and I had many).

I still miss balls with the system and am not quite up to my normal level of playing but I genuinely believe that my level of play will go beyond the level that I played at using contact point to contact point.

CTE/Pro One is an INCREDIBLE aiming system and Stan's video may change the way people play pool.

I know this is pretty bold statements and if I do what I think I am going to do, you can bank on the NEW CTE/Pro One as becoming the BEST and most popular aiming system on the planet.

Some of you know me as being a fairly logical guy and I condone many of the idiosyncracies of others so I hope that you will give me more time to learn and implement Stan's NEW CTE/Pro One Aiming System before pouncing on me for my perspectives.

I've taught this system to another player who will remain nameless. I had to verify that it could be taught easily to someone who had never seen CTE before. I did this in a VERY short period of time and the results were pretty INCREDIBLE, in my opinion. The person plays pool only occasionally but was able to grasp all of the fundamentals that I shared and was able to pocket balls using this unique system.

I used to get a kick out of people who used CTE and how excited they got when they used CTE. In the past, I had never met anyone who used CTE that could best me playing pool and while some of them could make incredible shots with seemingly relative ease, they were not able to consistently make all of the shots that I could nor could they play shape as consistently well as I could. So I really didn't have a lot of expectation for CTE/Pro One except that I wanted to learn the proper way to use it, all the while hoping that it might improve my game just a smidgeon. With the NEW CTE/Pro One my attitude is changing and my expecations are high.

I've done some small stakes gambling at one pocket games that I usually play at giving up the same small weight to decent players and have managed to win both gambling matches.

In tournament play, I have beaten MANY opponents but have been unable to win ANY tournaments using this system SO FAR.

As I gain more experience with using this NEW aiming system, I will share the news of progress or any trouble spots I come across.

JoeyA

All of these so called “systems” ar nothing but a version of alchemy to me. I grew up playing in 1960. No system or gimmicks. Practice, practice, practice. The only systems I had to learn from others were the banking systems.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s only 64,000 postings on the aiming forum.

I use the Ronnie OSullivan method when he was asked...’‘I just hit the ball into the hole’. Has worked for decades. I should sell a set of videos on it.