New Magazine - Cue and Table Magazine!

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not free!!!!!!!!!! I'm out.

Actually there are two ways to get a FREE subscription. Just go to the site

www.cueandtable.com

check out the preview, and pay special attention to the last 2 pages - the WANTED section.

We are doing some subscription giveaways for reader content like:

Best Joke for the month, or
Best pool related tip or trick of the month

So you need only submit a joke (text only, no pictures) or a pool tip or trick. If it wins for the month, your subscription is FREE.

Scott Lee said:
But it DOES come with a $1 bottle of water. :D
No water... not even eWater... :(

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job on this first issue. As mentioned, the production quality is excellent, and I love the layout structure. Count me in as a subscriber...that said, I'm sending in the winning joke for next issue!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I subscribed, and I liked the first issue a lot. Especially the cue maker interviews. I'm looking forward to the next issue.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
This looks great. Very professional looking layouts. I haven't had time to read the first sample issue yet, but I look forward to following the magazines progress.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like it, but guess that I am too old school (or old).

If it were print I would subscribe; I don't want to read a magazine or a book on a computer. I know it the way things seem to be going, but I am holding on a little longer. Turning the pages on a computer isn't the same, to me, as thumbing through a magazine until the new on is here.

Good luck with your venture; it looks like you have done some nice work.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Just subscribed.

Great idea and very well executed. I have a couple ideas for some interesting articles and some cool photos to go with them. I'll get them to you when things settle down in couple weeks.

I would pay a little more for a format that I could download to my iPad and keep. I'm sure you have thought about it and I am all too familiar with easier said than done. Best of luck with this. If I can help I will.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
a question about the best joke?

Actually there are two ways to get a FREE subscription. Just go to the site

www.cueandtable.com

check out the preview, and pay special attention to the last 2 pages - the WANTED section.

We are doing some subscription giveaways for reader content like:

Best Joke for the month, or
Best pool related tip or trick of the month

So you need only submit a joke (text only, no pictures) or a pool tip or trick. If it wins for the month, your subscription is FREE.

No water... not even eWater... :(

If you can't publish the best joke do we still get a free subscription?

Hu

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again!

Just subscribed.

Great idea and very well executed. I have a couple ideas for some interesting articles and some cool photos to go with them. I'll get them to you when things settle down in couple weeks.

I would pay a little more for a format that I could download to my iPad and keep. I'm sure you have thought about it and I am all too familiar with easier said than done. Best of luck with this. If I can help I will.

JCIN,

Thanks for the kind words. I look forward to seeing your ideas, and I'll do some checking on the download part.

Hu said:
If you can't publish the best joke do we still get a free subscription?

If I can't publish it I guess it's not the best joke! :p There have been some good ones so far, so I would say it's going to be interesting!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
The tradeoff we decided on is that subscribers would have access to ALL issues as soon as they sign up, but once their subscription period is over, they no longer will have access.
JCIN has a point here, there should be downloadable issues. So as long as a person is subscribed he can download any issue. Maybe you could sell not a time period of subscription but a donwloadable copy of a magazine. So that everyone could get access for archived issues if they missed them and want to read, but they would just need to buy a copy. Once bought, that copy should remain in customer's hands.

There is always a way to save content, even the fashion you provided, yet it takes more time and effort. So probably better to offer such an option to the customers rather than make them fight the conditions.
I will view the sample issue when I have time to do that, but seems I'm in for subscription.

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Download, or not to download... that is the question

JCIN has a point here, there should be downloadable issues. So as long as a person is subscribed he can download any issue.

The problem for me is not in the person downloading the issue. It's the possibility of that person sending it out to a bunch of other non-subscribers after it has been downloaded.

There is a trade off between ease of use and security. Our system has securtity in place to limit logins to one, and then it takes measures if there are multiple violations. We want this to be as user friendly as possible, and I know there is going to be some abuse. The thing we are trying to do is find the best win/win situation possible, and right now that's doing it the way we are doing it.

I'm still looking at ways to improve this, and as soon as I find them, they will be incorporated right away.

Thanks again for the input though. It is appreciated!

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue and Table Magazine

Really nice format and great article on Hercek. Lots of pics too!
You can tell a lot of effort and thought was put into the magazine. It's laid out nicely. Kind of a cross between a magazine but with website links and add~ons. Great job! Looking forward to future issues. :D

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member

The problem for me is not in the person downloading the issue. It's the possibility of that person sending it out to a bunch of other non-subscribers after it has been downloaded.

There is a trade off between ease of use and security. Our system has security in place to limit logins to one, and then it takes measures if there are multiple violations. We want this to be as user friendly as possible, and I know there is going to be some abuse. The thing we are trying to do is find the best win/win situation possible, and right now that's doing it the way we are doing it.

I'm still looking at ways to improve this, and as soon as I find them, they will be incorporated right away.

Thanks again for the input though. It is appreciated!

If it shows on a screen then the content can be captured and thrown into a word document or pdf and emailed to anyone. It would require more effort than downloading a pdf for sure but it can be done with relative ease.

Aside from that, if you limit login's to 1 per person, is it possible to view the content one day from a desk top, the next day from a notebook and also an IPAD or iphone? Many people consume content on multiple devices.

Thanks and I wish you great success with this endeavor.

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it shows on a screen then the content can be captured and thrown into a word document or pdf and emailed to anyone. It would require more effort than downloading a pdf for sure but it can be done with relative ease.

This is true, but like you said, the more difficult it is to do, the less likely it is to happen. Having the mag in a downloadable (is that a word?) version makes it a little too easy in my opinion, and that's why I won't do it that way.

Aside from that, if you limit login's to 1 per person, is it possible to view the content one day from a desk top, the next day from a notebook and also an IPAD or iphone? Many people consume content on multiple devices.

Please, I make it much more convenient than that!;)
Users are limited to one simultaneous login. They can be logged into their computer, then log in to their iphone. The last login will kick out the first login. What happens is that if there are multiple login attempts (I won't go into too much detail here) the account will be locked and then reviewed to see if their has been abuse. Like I said, I want the user experience to be as convenient as possible, without it being too easy to abuse.

Thanks and I wish you great success with this endeavor.

Thank you very much!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Just curious. Will you be selling ad space to vendors/suppliers or is this more like a "pool" Consumer Reports magazine? I didn't see any "ads".

BTW, your magazine looks great and with some fine content to boot.