New Magazine - Cue and Table Magazine!

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your ad HERE...

Just curious. Will you be selling ad space to vendors/suppliers or is this more like a "pool" Consumer Reports magazine? I didn't see any "ads".

Ad space is available, and details are on the site. You can even download the current rate card and contract. Since this was a new concept, I did make a few calls to advertisers. The timing was bad for both us and them though. For us, we were working on finishing things up right up until the launch date of New Year's Eve. For retailers the timing was worse, as December is not only the end of their ad budget year, but also one of the busiest times for them as well. It worked out OK though, as this way you get to see 48 pages of content, and not a 48 page magazine with 15-20 pages of ads. There is interest for advertising now that the issue is done, so the first issue will probably be the only issue without ads.

BTW, your magazine looks great and with some fine content to boot.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to make this as good as I can, and have some talented people doing what I can't!

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Magazine looks great!! I really like the concept too!

Best of luck to you.

Ray

Mc2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I previewed your mag. and it doesn't look bad. To be honest I would purchase if I could view it on my Ipad as a regular E-mag. You may want to look into this. Will there be other cue makers interviewed or other manufactures like Joss? I for one would like to see an interview on more current cue maker like Steve Lomax. He makes the best jump cue so I hear. And his playing cues are monsters.

Jim.

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I previewed your mag. and it doesn't look bad. To be honest I would purchase if I could view it on my Ipad as a regular E-mag. Jim.

You can view it on an iPad, and I think to get the setup you're talking about all you need to do is this:
Open the preview
Click on the [ ] symbol at the bottom so it goes to full screen
Click on the magnifying glass

That should bring it up in a page by page format similar to how an eMag loads automatically.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gotcha

If I can't publish it I guess it's not the best joke! :p There have been some good ones so far, so I would say it's going to be interesting!

Gotcha, they ain't good if you can't print them even if they are the funniest.

Jokes:
Scratch the monkey and the cue ball
Scratch all three of the genie jokes
Scratch the one about shooting pool without a stick
Scratch the one about JoeyA, um, an unnamed local player

Pains me to admit it but I don't know any "good" pool jokes!

Hu

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Steve Lomax

I previewed your mag. and it doesn't look bad. To be honest I would purchase if I could view it on my Ipad as a regular E-mag. You may want to look into this. Will there be other cue makers interviewed or other manufactures like Joss? I for one would like to see an interview on more current cue maker like Steve Lomax. He makes the best jump cue so I hear. And his playing cues are monsters.

Jim.

Steve Lomax is coming into his own! You can take this advice for what it's worth. If you don't own a Steve Lomax cue right now, you should get one while you can afford it.

STEVE LOMAX'S CUES ARE RISING IN QUALITY AND VALUE. I'm playing with a custom Lomax jump cue and a custom playing shaft for my POW-MIA playing cue. Another friend just bought one of Steve's plain Janes for very reasonable money and I predict that the demand for Steve's cues is going to skyrocket. (They play that good). (And he builds some BEAUTIFUL cues to boot).

I have another shaft on order and will probably buy another cue before long. I can't say enough about how well they play. It makes playing pool fun again.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Gotcha, they ain't good if you can't print them even if they are the funniest.

Jokes:
Scratch the monkey and the cue ball
Scratch all three of the genie jokes
Scratch the one about shooting pool without a stick
Scratch the one about JoeyA, um, an unnamed local player

Pains me to admit it but I don't know any "good" pool jokes!

Hu

Ain't that the truth! :p

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

First, thanks again for the kind words and all the ideas for the new magazine! We appreciate them, and will look at applying them in the future.

I received a question over email and I wanted to post my reply here as well.

Our "January Subscription Promo" WILL END at midnight January 31st.

The Promo was used to offset the fact that readers signing up in January only got one issue. I wanted to offer them something for signing up with the very first issue, and the new promo rate was it. The discount started on the 3rd, but everybody who signed up before that at the regular price WAS REFUNDED the $5 so they got the discount as well.

Readers signing up from February on will have access to multiple issues, so the subscription will go back to regular price.

We are just finishing up the February issue now, and it will have even more great pictures due to the featured story!

Thanks again for your support!

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Waiting with baited breath

In true Smorgass Bored style, I'm waiting with baited breath for the February issue!

(found some killer semi-sweet chocolate, was supposed to be for baking but . . .)

Hu

First, thanks again for the kind words and all the ideas for the new magazine! We appreciate them, and will look at applying them in the future.

I received a question over email and I wanted to post my reply here as well.

Our "January Subscription Promo" WILL END at midnight January 31st.

The Promo was used to offset the fact that readers signing up in January only got one issue. I wanted to offer them something for signing up with the very first issue, and the new promo rate was it. The discount started on the 3rd, but everybody who signed up before that at the regular price WAS REFUNDED the $5 so they got the discount as well.

Readers signing up from February on will have access to multiple issues, so the subscription will go back to regular price.

We are just finishing up the February issue now, and it will have even more great pictures due to the featured story!

Thanks again for your support!

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question

I read the preview and enjoyed it. I wanted to read more!

This brings up a good question, and one I went over a few times with my wife already.

Do you think it would be a good idea to make the first FULL issue a free one?

NOTE: IF I did this, I would automatically EXTEND the subscriptions for the people who have already subscribed, so they would have 12 PAID subscriptions.

Would you be more likely to subscribe if you could see the FULL first issue of the magazine to see how different/cool it is???

Thanks!

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
How about a hint?

Not asking for more samples but how about a hint concerning what will be in the February issue for current subscribers? Been waiting with baited and bated breath for too long!

Have you considered going weekly? :thumbup:

Hu(I don't ask for much do I?)