Texas BCAPL State Tournament - Harker Heights, Tx 12-15 Mar 2009

Dragon Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ne14tennis said:
Sang,

Singles are over by Friday night, or in a case where there are delays or something unexpected.....I have seen the finals played early Saturday morning.

I think one year, the singles were played at 7:30 or 8 so that the teams could start at 9
Since I wasn't a BCA member, I didn't attend the last one. Is it bar box or 9 footers?

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond

Dragon Cue said:
Since I wasn't a BCA member, I didn't attend the last one. Is it bar box or 9 footers?

The TX State BCA tournament has been played on Diamond Smart Table bar boxes since 2004 or 2005

9Ball_JJ

Newbie Fo' Life
Silver Member
Dragon Cue said:
Sang, it's played on bar boxes. But don't worry...if you're looking for action on a 9ft'er, there's 2 pool halls nearby that have 9 foots. One of the pool halls is even in the same shopping center. :thumbup:

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rumor Has it

9Ball_JJ said:
Sang, it's played on bar boxes. But don't worry...if you're looking for action on a 9ft'er, there's 2 pool halls nearby that have 9 foots. One of the pool halls is even in the same shopping center. :thumbup:

The 2 pool halls listed by Juan are G&B's right next to where the tournament is being held and Stix I just down the road.

What I hear is the hall I play out of , Stix II is getting Diamond 9 foots installed when the Diamond truck comes with the tournament tables.

Dragon Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9Ball_JJ said:
Hey, Juan, you can read my mind. You should be a psychologist. Like Ray puts it, with the right weight, or if I can find someone to stake me, I play aaaaaaanybody. LOL! But to think about it, it's kind of sad because nobody wants to buy me for $20 in the calcutta. But wait a minute, I'm not alone, right Steve? BTW, nice finally meeting you, Juan

I hope to see Ricardo at this event. I have to get my money back or donate some more. LOL!
ne14tennis said:
The 2 pool halls listed by Juan are G&B's right next to where the tournament is being held and Stix I just down the road.

What I hear is the hall I play out of , Stix II is getting Diamond 9 foots installed when the Diamond truck comes with the tournament tables.
Diamond tables are niiiiiiiice. Play very consistent.

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dragon Cue said:
Hey, Juan, you can read my mind. You should be a psychologist. Like Ray puts it, with the right weight, or if I can find someone to stake me, I play aaaaaaanybody. LOL! But to think about it, it's kind of sad because nobody wants to buy me for $20 in the calcutta. But wait a minute, I'm not alone, right Steve? BTW, nice finally meeting you, Juan

I hope to see Ricardo at this event. I have to get my money back or donate some more. LOL!
Diamond tables are niiiiiiiice. Play very consistent.

What are you talking about? I bought me :grin:

Ricardo will be there. He's on my team. We were just talking about this last night. He needs to find someone to play so he can pay for Vegas.....are you a candidate Sang? :thumbup:

Dragon Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ne14tennis said:
What are you talking about? I bought me :grin:

Ricardo will be there. He's on my team. We were just talking about this last night. He needs to find someone to play so he can pay for Vegas.....are you a candidate Sang? :thumbup:
I thought you were in the pool, but I did buy myself for $20 as well.

I don't like it too much, but I just have to give it another shot. I might get lucky this time.

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ne14tennis said:

THis is great news :D

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Seniors

Steve, do you know how many senior were entered last year. I don't want to enter the seniors with only a few entered. I guess I need to enter the open and this way I know it will draw a lot of entries.

This needed a bump anyway!:thumbup:

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Do Not

Papa Red said:
Steve, do you know how many senior were entered last year. I don't want to enter the seniors with only a few entered. I guess I need to enter the open and this way I know it will draw a lot of entries.

This needed a bump anyway!:thumbup:

No Sir I don't remember.

I know one of my teamates qualified and he was none to happy with me.
"That will be the last time I listen to you, most of those guys used to be world beaters back in the day" :)

Not my fault he wasn't born back in the day

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great Event!

Can you play in the singles if you are simply a BCA member but don't play league??

Ray

ps. If you are playing in this, please help us keep this up front! ;)

Thanks

504boi

Registered
Bigtruck said:
Can you play in the singles if you are simply a BCA member but don't play league??

Ray

Thanks

Exactly what I was wondering

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:

Ray

Thanks

You do have to be a BCAPL member either by way of playing in a BCAPL sanctioned league or by BCAPL membership.