The APA 9 ball team CHAMPIONS disqualified

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
I know I am beating a dead horse here but this is the kind of crap that drove me from APA to another league. Then I have to look at this keg with legs try to justify how they didnt cheat by cheating.....really. As Tosh.O would say, "lets put 10 seconds on the clock and see how many insults we can hurl his way"
10. look mom, can we push it back into the water
9. With all that new money I can afford a bunch of new man bras
8. Welcome our newest member of hair care for men
7. Hostess went out of business, but what can I keep in the case now?
6. Six ball corner, Damn I smell turkey legs
5. I got some great stance tips from K. Corr (see 9)
4. Stop dumping and win this game, the buffet is about to close
3. A SL 4 is the same as any SL 4, kind of like a mini dq blizzard is healthier than a salad....its smaller
2. This is New Derry Tent and Awning, your league shirt is ready...... and finally
1. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST LOSER.

Best post ever!

StonedCEO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can not say this with enough sincerity, please don't let all of the prima dona's on this site change your mind. There is more good coming from leagues, than the negative.

Black Cat :cool:

I look at cheaters the same as I look at thieves. I won't associate with either, Nor will I associate with anyone who knowingly does. Seems all 3 leagues look the other way on the regular.

Based on your signature, I understand your biased. Just not my thing.

movin-on

Registered
APA smugglers...

First he defends himself and now this clown apologizes for being stupid yet again. Hmmm, seems to habitaully repeat his stupidity. Maybe his other brothers are pete and re-pete. TAP and every other league needs to make an example here and ban these guys forever! I see some of them listed to various dream teams in TAP's Edison event. I wonder how that will work out for them? Maybe this rootbeer-barrel teletubbie chap will wear his jail bait shirt and tote that trophy around so he's easily recognized. I'm wondering if anyone has sent Allen Hopkins a link to this since the Expo is his event, and TAP are his guests? Doubtful he wants this shady clientel at his events. I trust they all rest well with that stolen loot. They're not just cheaters, they're thieving criminals.

foxcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct me if I`m wrong but when the guy from tap said he wouldn`t ban them because it happened in another league, isn`t it the same as me robbing a bank in fla and then going to alabama and not having a record.
If thats the case Then I`m packing my bags.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I can not say this with enough sincerity, please don't let all of the prima dona's on this site change your mind. There is more good coming from leagues, than the negative.

Black Cat :cool:

Very true. To the poster who says this thread has changed his mind about league....
do the math.

According to estimates, between 200k and 300k play APA alone. Not factoring in BCApl, or TAP, or VNEA, or any of the others.

With large numbers of participants, there is a greater chance of someone breaking the rules.

In contrast, that means there is likely an extremely large number of people that abide by the rules. So making your decision whether to play league or not, based on this thread, is ill-advised.

There are a number of folks that have a positive experience from league play. Methinks you need to factor that into your decision....

ruzzy1

Registered
ive played in leagues for 20 years . theres cheaters in ALL of them , some more than others . the only way to keep most in check is the league operators. ive seen some that will raise the cheaters handicaps up and kick them out, and some that dont care and just care about collecting money . like was said before for the most part leagues can be alot of fun and very competitve, so would still recommend playing in a league to most people .

StonedCEO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very true. To the poster who says this thread has changed his mind about league....
do the math.

According to estimates, between 200k and 300k play APA alone. Not factoring in BCApl, or TAP, or VNEA, or any of the others.

With large numbers of participants, there is a greater chance of someone breaking the rules.

In contrast, that means there is likely an extremely large number of people that abide by the rules. So making your decision whether to play league or not, based on this thread, is ill-advised.

There are a number of folks that have a positive experience from league play. Methinks you need to factor that into your decision....

When a league representative says he's cool with cheaters, lier's, and thieves because the other leagues are cool with it too...what more is there to say? And people wonder why people question the integrity of the sport.

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When a league representative says he's cool with cheaters, lier's, and thieves because the other leagues are cool with it too...what more is there to say? And people wonder why people question the integrity of the sport.

Except the other league isn't cool with it. Just because they haven't responded publicly, it doesn't mean they are "cool with it". It also doesn't mean they haven't done anything about it.

In my league, if you falsify a player's identity and are caught, you get a permanent suspension. It has happened more than once. I'm also pretty sure people have done it in my league without getting caught. Anyone with a large league who says they can guarantee it has never happened in their league is naive at best.

Sam at TAP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last post

1. If your going to boycott TAP then you better boycott the BCA and APA as well. Why? This was posted on Face Book by JT....tired of getting beat by undercapped players? or getting overcapped?or better yet same teams winning? LETS GET BCA GOING IN LATROBE /GREENSBURGH! cant beat it..no bagging, no cheating only need 4 teams to start and u win and you get the $ and the trip...you cant beat it....So you may as well boycott the BCA too. He is a current BCA player along with I believe 3 of the 4 men on that team. BCA didn't toss them out and now they are trying to get a league closer to home to play in because they know I won't put up with any cheating in TAP.

2. While your at it you better boycott the APA as well. Why? They have at least 4 TAP players in their league that I have banned for life for cheating. Accepted with open arms and business as usual for them.

3. Remember...these players were in TAP for years. They didn't just come over to TAP after they were banned in the APA.

4. It's funny...Players cheat in another league and you people point the finger at TAP...Amazing what is on this board. I think I am going to boycott this forum. Waste of my time. PS...While you people will still be on here typing away and bashing people, TAP will be running another sold out Rally at the Expo. Think about that.

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Sam,

There is cheating in every league. Including yours. Perhaps not as blatant but it's there. Poop happens.

You obviously have a tough time with APA. Think you've done a great job of finding places where your template works better than theirs. Reminds me somewhat of the BCAPL / ACS rivalry.

If the culprits in this particular instance had been disqualified from the BCAPL National event and entered yours as a team, would you have asked them not to play? Why single out the APA? Sorry, in my view two wrongs still don't make a right!

Hope you re-think your decision to not post here. Because of the differences between APA and TAP, there are many players whom you might convince to try it your way. Regardless of your decision, thanks for giving us a different point of view.

Respectfully,

Lyn

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
1. If your going to boycott TAP then you better boycott the BCA and APA as well. Why? This was posted on Face Book by JT....tired of getting beat by undercapped players? or getting overcapped?or better yet same teams winning? LETS GET BCA GOING IN LATROBE /GREENSBURGH! cant beat it..no bagging, no cheating only need 4 teams to start and u win and you get the $ and the trip...you cant beat it....So you may as well boycott the BCA too. He is a current BCA player along with I believe 3 of the 4 men on that team. BCA didn't toss them out and now they are trying to get a league closer to home to play in because they know I won't put up with any cheating in TAP.

2. While your at it you better boycott the APA as well. Why? They have at least 4 TAP players in their league that I have banned for life for cheating. Accepted with open arms and business as usual for them.

3. Remember...these players were in TAP for years. They didn't just come over to TAP after they were banned in the APA.

4. It's funny...Players cheat in another league and you people point the finger at TAP...Amazing what is on this board. I think I am going to boycott this forum. Waste of my time. PS...While you people will still be on here typing away and bashing people, TAP will be running another sold out Rally at the Expo. Think about that.

Sam, relax. You seem to take all of this too personally. I realize that you are deeply invested in your league and it's success, and it shows. No doubt that is part of the reason you are successful.

But you seem to think all of these comments are directed at you. And in most cases, these are generalized thoughts, thrown out there for discussion.

I don't believe anyone is seriously considering "boycotting" any league, and if they were, they probably weren't going to actually play league anyway.

You know, and I know, that there isn't any practical way for the leagues to collectively ban someone for something that occurred in just one league. The scope is too large, the responsibility for making that decision is based on one companies views and experiences, and countless other reasons. Not to mention it could possibly be borderline illegal, or discriminatory. Nope, if they're gonna be banned, it would have to be in that leagues "jurisdiction"...

A lot of folks are upset about these folks, justifiably. They are simply voicing their frustrations. In your position, you can do yourself more damage than good by coming on here and going on full blast. Yes, I'm sure you are doing very well, but why risk that? Part of the reason APA doesn't come on here is to control the message. Bad press is worse than no press, in this instance. They have made their statement, to come here and try and debate it with their customer base gains them nothing.

Don't give anyone a reason to not want to try your product.... Good luck at SBE.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except the other league isn't cool with it. Just because they haven't responded publicly, it doesn't mean they are "cool with it". It also doesn't mean they haven't done anything about it.

In my league, if you falsify a player's identity and are caught, you get a permanent suspension. It has happened more than once. I'm also pretty sure people have done it in my league without getting caught. Anyone with a large league who says they can guarantee it has never happened in their league is naive at best.

While I applaud your actions it brings up a point that I find distrurbing regarding leagues. Ii has been my experience to see individual local league operators allowed to change and manipulate the league policies at their own discression. Recently I played in a league where they have a masters rule that states you are only allowed to play one master on a team per night. One individual that has a lot of sway in that league coerced the LO to change that rule completely and then loaded up his team with masters players. The result has been that there is now one team that is almost always at the top of the league which is unfair to the rest. BTW I was on that team but am not any longer. Of course if there were enough master players available every team could just load up as well but that has not been the case. So once again the local league operator changed rules that on a national level cannot be done. Consistency would be better for all the leagues in their rules and in the punishment of rules violators..

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
While I applaud your actions it brings up a point that I find distrurbing regarding leagues. Ii has been my experience to see individual local league operators allowed to change and manipulate the league policies at their own discression. Recently I played in a league where they have a masters rule that states you are only allowed to play one master on a team per night. One individual that has a lot of sway in that league coerced the LO to change that rule completely and then loaded up his team with masters players. The result has been that there is now one team that is almost always at the top of the league which is unfair to the rest. BTW I was on that team but am not any longer. Of course if there were enough master players available every team could just load up as well but that has not been the case. So once again the local league operator changed rules that on a national level cannot be done. Consistency would be better for all the leagues in their rules and in the punishment of rules violators..

No disrespect intended, but what the hell is a "Master Player"?

Black Cat :cool: :confused:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member

Sam, do you realize that this is your 4th Last Post.
I think this has hit pretty close to home to have you all riled up like this.
You knew, didn't you.

kgbholman

My team finished 5th last year and this really pisses me off. We only had 5players that equalled exactly 23 points and we played our asses off to get to where we were. If any of us had gone up there's no way that we would have "substituted" a player. We would have played with what we had and probably still won because that's how much heart and determination we possessed.

What also makes it worse is the team that was originally supposed to play these clowns, got disqualified before finals because their numbers went up too drastically. We had 5 at 23 and none of us went up because we were and played our skill levels. The team that eventually put us out did it fair and square and shouldn't have had to face the cheaters that they did.

Sandbagging and inelligible players. Ugh!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No disrespect intended, but what the hell is a "Master Player"?

Black Cat :cool: :confused:

Hey Black Cat, None taken.

It is a level of ability in the ACS league and I believe the BCAPL as well and maybe others I'm not versed on all the league rankings. Usually it is attained after competing in a national tournament or a state tournament and having a high placed finish. Not to sure about the in's and out's but that's the long and short of it. Each league that has ranks for players undoubtedly has different conflicting definitions of it..

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hey Black Cat, None taken.

It is a level of ability in the ACS league and I believe the BCAPL as well and maybe others I'm not versed on all the league rankings. Usually it is attained after competing in a national tournament or a state tournament and having a high placed finish. Not to sure about the in's and out's but that's the long and short of it. Each league that has ranks for players undoubtedly has different conflicting definitions of it..

Pretty close. Was raised to a BCAPL Master player after last years Open Singles event. Had been on the ACS list for a couple of years. BCAPL does not recognize ACS rankings. To attain that level, a player must finish in the top eight of the Open singles, top eight Advanced or be placed in the Masters based on the known ability clause.

Lyn

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty close. Was raised to a BCAPL Master player after last years Open Singles event. Had been on the ACS list for a couple of years. BCAPL does not recognize ACS rankings. To attain that level, a player must finish in the top eight of the Open singles, top eight Advanced or be placed in the Masters based on the known ability clause.

Lyn

Yea I know they are all a little different and see that as one of the issues. Pretty soon it will be like professional boxing, maybe it is already! Lots of different organizations with the same adgenda, gettin our money!!:thumbup: