The Best Ever List of Pool Nicknames

8&snap

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a few from Md.

cigar tom-tom vanover(bob's brother) - rick"the tin man"(can play any world beater & win but has no heart) the baltimore kid-larry newdecker - shawn "the pill" tony(cant play a radio unless he's oxyed up) mark"donut man"ford - charlie"the wop"(played w/a 61'' buska,which is still around & not for sale)

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
OMAHA FATS (he told us all mannnnnnnny times):thumbup: ....."I'm The Greatest One Handed Jacked UP, In The Air Player In The World"...he was on ABC's Wide World of Sports...back in the day, U coulda' also called him 'Eyebrows'.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tangle Eye (don't know his real name). If anyone has heard of him, where was he from?

Machine Lou Butera's son is Sal 'Son of a Gun' Butera

Last edited:

Craig

Custom Cue-Repair
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Who the F is Toupee Jay? What a stupid name!

They say the guy was a monster back in the day, known cross country from what I understand.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
A guy we grew up with in the pool hall we called him.
Ralphie Baby boy and Dead Eye / he was blind in one eye from birth
Even today if someone dogs a shot you will hear / Nice Shot Ralph
Ralph passed away about 3 years ago but his name lives on.

Have to love a pool hall / no mercy, yet taken with a grain of salt by all and all in fun

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been called by others:

Destroyer
Ninja Assassin
Snake
Evil Santa
Dark Peter (to which I replied, "Then meet my stick called Doom." -- after the movie Color of Money)

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
But my favorite also was Cornbread Red!

I saw a video of Fats talking trash about Cornbread, he refered to him as "No Bread Red" if he was going to play Fats.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
"Tall Paul" is tall and "Poker Paul" can play.

I saw poker Paul this past June here in Vegas, he had just moved here, Nice guy.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert
Who the F is Toupee Jay? What a stupid name!

Craig said:
They say the guy was a monster back in the day, known cross country from what I understand.

Sounds like soft action to me.:eek:

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
I saw poker Paul this past June here in Vegas, he had just moved here, Nice guy.

Poker Paul from the Bay Area, right? He's given me plenty of 1 pocket lessons for $10 a game.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
JG-in-KY said:
Hey Voodoo remember these from the Miami/Hollywood area from years ago:
"Airport" Steve
"Burger King" Jeff
"Handsome" Billy
Danny "the sandman" Christian
"Crying" Brian
"Big Randy"
My all time favorite nickname was given to road agent Steve Shaw, "Cat Head". I also like Scott "Goofy" Hafley, if you see him you will know why. LOL

Airport, lost touch with him
BK...speak to him weekly still
Handsome...buildin decks in Ocala
Danny "the Golden touch" Christian...havent seen him inna decade but I am sure he still practicin that 14.1 break shot.
Crying...never cared for him, glad he's gone
Big Randy...played some social one pocket with him last week.

My favorite all time favorite Multi-personality road name has to be John "THE BULL" "TONY TIDE" "MR POTATOHEAD" DiToro

J. Learned Hand

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
My favorites were "Superstitious Alouyisus" Al Miller, "Babyface" Alton Whitlow, "The Velvet Foghorn" Johnny Ervolino, "Kid Delicious" Danny Basavich, "Peter Rabbit" Pete Linhard, "Captain Hook" Mike Sigel, "The Left Duke" Cecil Tugwell, "Rush Out Red" Real name unknown (of course I've only known him 40 years), "Shake 'n Bake" Edgar White, "Detroit Whitey" Ed Beauchene, "Gabby" Larry -- from Texas (he never said a word), "Popcorn" Johnny Miller, "Boston Shorty" Larry Johnson, "Rocketman" Rich Slupik, "Waterdog" Don Edwards. But my favorite also was Cornbread Red!

Gabby's real name was Larry Hill I believe.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Best
Two nicknames I've always liked a lot are Shannon "the cannon" Daulton and Larry "Boston Shorty" Johnson.

Worst
Joe "the meatman" Balsis would have to be on anyone's worst nicknames list. Yes, his family was in the meat business, but it's still a terrible nickname. Another BCA Hall of Famer whose nickname I was never too keen on is Ray "cool cat" Martin.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
Best
Two nicknames I've always liked a lot are Shannon "the cannon" Daulton and Larry "Boston Shorty" Johnson.

Worst
I was never too keen on is Ray "cool cat" Martin.

Yeah Bleeding Gums Murphy would be about the only one liking that one-Dig it?

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
I loved the one I heard for this triple slow player from NYC - "Time Bandit"

Simply perfect. I feel like he stole something from me! :eek:

androd

androd
Silver Member
J. Learned Hand said:
Gabby's real name was Larry Hill I believe.
i believe it was "mousey pouncey" not sure about the spelling but that was the way it was pronounced on the news when he was arrested.
PS; maybe an alias, but i don't think so.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I just gave a young guy a nickname the other night,his name is Lester,we call him now after he beat a real good player with some weight pretty badly,Lester the Molester,we kept messing with the guy who lost telling him he just got molested. :grin-square: