Trouble At Gradys

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bad thing about Dad protecting Sonny is it teaches Sonny the wrong lesson. If Sonny thinks he can gamble and not pay that eventually will bite Sonny in the rear end.

I used to know a kid whose Dad was connected to the local police and the kid was always engaging in minor crimes and thug stuff while Dad's connections got him out of it. Kid's address for the last three decades has been a federal prison. There are some things Dad can't get you out of.

The dad's putting the kid on the right track to get free entry for life at the DCC

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
Dave Cook involved in pool room drama?!?!?? Who would have guessed!?!??! I'm starting to think the TD may have been justified in threatening to shoot him.

I hear what you're saying E, but what would it take to justify what happened? I mean really?

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My father did the same exact thing when I lost money when I was about 17 years old. He strong armed the guy in front of everyone in the pool hall and took the $100 back that I lost.

When I got home I said "thanks dad" and he told me that he was keeping the money, that I had lost it like a complete idiot and wasn't getting it back. He further explained that the only reason he did what he did wasn't to get my money back, it was to ruin any action I would of ever been able to get in the future. Hehe, lesson learned.

Nice one - will have to remember that one as my kids get older

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear what you're saying E, but what would it take to justify what happened? I mean really?

Nothing would justify it if that's the way it went down. I just don't care much for Dave and thought it was funny. If you pass through Charleston hit me up.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't it be better to teach them not to gamble instead? You may try to strong arm the wrong guy, where you and your kid get hurt.

Teach my kids not to gamble? What parent teaches their child to gamble? You might as well say "don't teach your child to smoke" lol

I have not met the guy that I was not able to run over or blow their house up or generally shoot dead with complex machinery percussion impact lead launching devices.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Teach my kids not to gamble? What parent teaches their child to gamble? You might as well say "don't teach your child to smoke" lol

I have not met the guy that I was not able to run over or blow their house up or generally shoot dead with complex machinery percussion impact lead launching devices.

So you would go to prison over a couple hundred bucks? What's that teach your kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do have a son and I would not go to prison for a few hundred bucks and miss out on his life because I could run some guy over, blow up his house or shoot because he beat my son gambling.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I do have a son and I would not go to prison for a few hundred bucks and miss out on his life because I could run some guy over, blow up his house or shoot because he beat my son gambling.

This was what I was thinking

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I was thinking let my son lose then teach him how bad that gambling is and see how he feels losing that money. but thats how I would deal with my son.

I agree. That's what my Dad did with me when I lost my weeks paycheck + in a crap game at 16. He also sat me down over a few beers and told me, "If you're going to gamble, you might as well learn how to match up. Play pool, you're good at it, not craps." Those 2 hours and a few beers taught me how to make money in pool. One thing he said was, "Treat gambling on pool as a part time job, but treat it like a business. Get a full time job so you won't choke on the money. Don't be greedy, play for only what you can afford to lose. Johnnyt

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you completely missed my point to be honest, but it matters not.

If you actually thinking I was a) advocating extreme violence as a method of conflict resolution b) was then intending to hand myself in afterwards and c) when the safety of my children is a matter care a jot for the "opposition" then I really have to recuse myself from further discussion.

I keep forgetting you colonial chaps don't understand tongue in cheek, sarcasm or irony..

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you actually thinking I was a) advocating extreme violence as a method of conflict resolution b) was then intending to hand myself in afterwards and c) when the safety of my children is a matter care a jot for the "opposition" then I really have to recuse myself from further discussion.

I keep forgetting you colonial chaps don't understand tongue in cheek, sarcasm or irony..

If you meant something different then how I seen, you did a poor job trying to show it and I really do hope you didn't mean it. But to strong arm someone to get your kids cash back doesn't teach them not to gamble it teaches them they don't have to pay if they are bigger then the other guy. I know some guys that gamble that if you did that to them your jaw would be broke and prob your kids too, I have seen one guy put a guy in a coma for a couple weeks. then what do you do?

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"run over or blow their house up or generally shoot dead with complex machinery percussion impact lead launching devices."

Sigh...

Then go to prison. That's why your logic is flawed. That's how I see it, you can handle your life anyway you want. Just remember that was over a few hundred bucks.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Typed words in a forum conversation don't always translate, especially your oh-so-superior-sarcasm.

Sorry that I took what you typed for what you meant.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
How old is this KID that lost? If he played the same guy the night before and lost and there were no problems, I can't see where the difference would be the next night. Play for 4 hours giving a spot for $300 and giving it back...NO WAY would I. Johnnyt