True Workings of Pivot-style Aiming

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I fear no man.

ROTFLMAO!!! Too much! Only on a pool forum where everyone can hide behind a keyboard in anonymity.

When Landon gets off for his summer break from college, how about a $20,000 match with you on the same 10' table he wiped out Earl on?

LMAO and I can't stop!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great. Now go right ahead and put it all into words to describe this phenomenon exactly.

Then create another book for those who graduate from Poolology or abandon it because they all know your real secret system works better.

You do make some over the top grandiose claims in the book about how those who learn to use it can improve beyond belief.

Maybe you should start trying to use it yourself. Then you too can "Master the art of aiming and NEVER MISS ANOTHER BALL". (quoted from the book)

I can't imagine the number of piranha coming out after Stan if HE ever made such a claim. "Snake oil salesman", which he was called would have been tame. Hal was called the same thing yet Hal NEVER sold anything. He gave it away for FREE and never wanted a penny for his knowledge. You could take it or leave it.

Do I have your approval to post some of the other over the top claims? Would you like me to remove this one?

Do you not believe that if a player "Masters the Art of Aiming" they'll never miss another ball? I believe it. It's not a far fetched goal or grandiose claim. I'm a creative person who sees pool as a form of artistry. Aiming involves individualized judgement based on personal experience, just like painting or sketching or playing an instrument in improv style, all of which can certainly be mastered.

Feel free to quote any "claim" in my book. If I wrote it it's because I believe it to be true. There are no erroneous claims about mysterious phenomena, no claims about the system magically sending balls to pockets based on a 2x1 playing surface where the visual references are obtained strictly from the CB to OB relationship, no part of the playing surface -- like rails or pockets -- involved. Every word or "claim" in my book came straight from me, not from a letter written over 20 years ago by someone else.;)

Start a new thread titled "Poolology Claims". I don't mind at all. But once again you have steered this thread into your 20-year obsession about Hal Houle and Stan Shuffett. Let it go. Or start your own thread as a tribute to honor Hal and Stan.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Do you not believe that if a player "Masters the Art of Aiming" they'll never miss another ball? I believe it. It's not a far fetched goal or grandiose claim.

No, absolutely not. Just ask 8pack/Anthony. There are other factors involved with pool and we're not robots. Has any PRO PLAYER ever not missed a ball throughout an entire tournament or set to 9 or 11?

If you want to make that claim and live by it, be prepared to die by it.

I'm a creative person who sees pool as a form of artistry.

I know. You're a genius. You said so or intimated it.

Aiming involves individualized judgement based on personal experience, just like painting or sketching or playing an instrument in improv style, all of which can certainly be mastered.

So what you're saying is if players get into Poolology they can "MASTER THE ART OF AIMING AND NEVER MISS ANOTHER BALL", correct?
Or do you mean they should continue HAMB like you have to fall into their own unmissable aiming system? Just give them YOURS in writing!

Feel free to quote any "claim" in my book. If I wrote it it's because I believe it to be true. There are no erroneous claims about mysterious phenomena, no claims about the system magically sending balls to pockets based on a 2x1 playing surface where the visual references are obtained strictly from the CB to OB relationship, no part of the playing surface -- like rails or pockets -- involved. Every word or "claim" in my book came straight from me, not from a letter written over 20 years ago by someone else.;)

OK.

Start a new thread titled "Poolology Claims". I don't mind at all. But once again you have steered this thread into your 20-year obsession about Hal Houle and Stan Shuffett. Let it go. Or start your own thread as a tribute to honor Hal and Stan.

Oh there have been more than enough threads about Hal and Stan over 20 years along with the SAME BASHERS and some NEWER ONES like yourself. See above post by you.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I never imagined you knew how to read to begin with especially based on how you write.

Sounds like your calling me stupid, my feelings aren't hurt, I already knew. You do have a point though, making people laugh is not such a bad thing.:smile:

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Do you not believe that if a player "Masters the Art of Aiming" they'll never miss another ball? I believe it. It's not a far fetched goal or grandiose claim. I'm a creative person who sees pool as a form of artistry. Aiming involves individualized judgement based on personal experience, just like painting or sketching or playing an instrument in improv style, all of which can certainly be mastered.

That statement in red IS a little far fetched. It's probable but it's not possible.
World class players, who can pocket hundreds of balls.. will eventually miss.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Feel free to quote any "claim" in my book. If I wrote it it's because I believe it to be true. There are no erroneous claims about mysterious phenomena. Every word or "claim" in my book came straight from me.

POOLOLOGY CLAIMS:

1. Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball!

OH REALLY??!! I've never seen THIS CLAIM made by any other aiming system or creator.

2. I wanted to present the Poolology aiming system in the simplest manner possible, without being to brain-numbing.

ROTFLMAO!! Uhhhh, first time flipping through the book is BRAIN-NUMBING. Takes a LOT of work and table time to get to a certain point.

3. Poolology is quick to learn and simple to apply.

Anybody who has seen a fractional aiming system would probably say or think that.
But they all take time. The graphs, math, and layouts are "DAUNTING" as LF stated when he first saw it. (he never learned it either nor uses it like you)

4. With Poolology you will quickly discover the simplicity of mastering every shot.

I'll concede that statement and say it's "fairly" accurate UP TO 30 DEGREES or a 1/2 ball hit. After that, it's YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, FIGURE IT OUT WITH HOURS OF PRACTICE AND TABLE TIME.

5. Soon you’ll be running more than just three or four balls…you’ll be running racks!

How soon is SOON? They'll go from three or four balls to CONSECUTIVE RACKS?!! You gotta be kidding me.

6. Utilizing fractional ball hits and the various angles associated with pocketing balls, I’ve developed a system that easily provides an aim point for ANY given shot

SEE ABOVE ANSWER FOR #4

I know this is going to produce a lot of BACK PEDDLING, DOUBLE TALK, SCRATCHING AND CLAWING to dig yourself out of a hole for the claims you made. Maybe you'll have NO backlash from any of it.

But I guarantee STAN would from the likes of YOU and the REST OF THE GANG.

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING AND APPROVING THIS TO BE POSTED. I'LL LOOK FOR MORE.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That statement in red IS a little far fetched. It's probable but it's not possible.

Agreed 100%!! It's just one of many outrageous claims to follow the original outrageous claim. Stay tuned for more. Those things are going to start flying out like an automatic tennis ball machine firing tennis balls.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Do these world class players believe they are going to miss, or do they believe they are not going to miss?

I'm sure, like myself, they have confidence and believe they won't miss. What's funny is that this statement is on the book cover, MY book cover. I believe it, regardless of whether or not you or Spider or anyone else believes it. It's all about positive thinking, and when I'm doing something I feel confident about, I prefer to believe I can do it rather than believe it's not possible or unlikely. Even if it doesn't turn out like I want, I'll give it my best shot with 100% belief in what I'm doing.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
POOLOLOGY CLAIMS:

1. Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball!

OH REALLY??!! I've never seen THIS CLAIM made by any other aiming system or creator.

2. I wanted to present the Poolology aiming system in the simplest manner possible, without being to brain-numbing.

ROTFLMAO!! Uhhhh, first time flipping through the book is BRAIN-NUMBING. Takes a LOT of work and table time to get to a certain point.

3. Poolology is quick to learn and simple to apply.

Anybody who has seen a fractional aiming system would probably say or think that.
But they all take time. The graphs, math, and layouts are "DAUNTING" as LF stated when he first saw it. (he never learned it either nor uses it like you)

4. With Poolology you will quickly discover the simplicity of mastering every shot.

I'll concede that statement and say it's "fairly" accurate UP TO 30 DEGREES or a 1/2 ball hit. After that, it's YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, FIGURE IT OUT WITH HOURS OF PRACTICE AND TABLE TIME.

5. Soon you’ll be running more than just three or four balls…you’ll be running racks!

How soon is SOON? They'll go from three or four balls to CONSECUTIVE RACKS?!! You gotta be kidding me.

6. Utilizing fractional ball hits and the various angles associated with pocketing balls, I’ve developed a system that easily provides an aim point for ANY given shot

SEE ABOVE ANSWER FOR #4

I know this is going to produce a lot of BACK PEDDLING, DOUBLE TALK, SCRATCHING AND CLAWING to dig yourself out of a hole for the claims you made. Maybe you'll have NO backlash from any of it.

But I guarantee STAN would from the likes of YOU and the REST OF THE GANG.

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING AND APPROVING THIS TO BE POSTED. I'LL LOOK FOR MORE.

You should have started a new thread with these wonderfully positive and encouraging statements you've found in my book. I believe every one of them. That's why I wrote them.:grin:
They are only far-fetched if you choose to have a closed mind and decide you don't want to believe, and therefore decide you don't want to improve. It's that simple. You bought the book simply to picvk at it, and that's fine. I stand behind everything in it because there are no mysteries or magical solutions. Go ahead....keep posting all the positive, inspiring, statements you can find. Then open up any other book on pool, like any of Phil Capelle's books or Mark Wilson's book, and do them the same way you're trying to do me. When Stan finally gets his book out, you can do it also.

But start a separate thread because you are adding nothing constructive here.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Do these world class players believe they are going to miss, or do they believe they are not going to miss?

I'm sure, like myself, they have confidence and believe they won't miss. What's funny is that this statement is on the book cover, MY book cover. I believe it, regardless of whether or not you or Spider or anyone else believes it. It's all about positive thinking, and when I'm doing something I feel confident about, I prefer to believe I can do it rather than believe it's not possible or unlikely. Even if it doesn't turn out like I want, I'll give it my best shot with 100% belief in what I'm doing.

Oh boy, here we go. POSITIVE THINKING AND CONFIDENCE IS ALL IT TAKES!

I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9xO98kcBU

JUST LIKE FLYING, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE!! GO ON THE ROOF OF YOUR HOUSE AND TELL ME HOW THAT WORKS OUT AFTER YOU JUMP OFF LIKE TINKER BELL OR PETER PAN!!

JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY IT OR YOU SAY IT ABOUT POOL DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6KUsPyQV6w

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh boy, here we go. POSITIVE THINKING AND CONFIDENCE IS ALL IT TAKES!

I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9xO98kcBU

JUST LIKE FLYING, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE!! GO ON THE ROOF OF YOUR HOUSE AND TELL ME HOW THAT WORKS OUT AFTER YOU JUMP OFF LIKE TINKER BELL OR PETER PAN!!

JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY IT OR YOU SAY IT ABOUT POOL DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6KUsPyQV6w

Another non-constructive, negative post. You go boy! So enlightening. And you don't have a problem believing in spherical phenomena on a 2x1 surface that magically connects the balls to one of eight 90° angles every time regardless of shot angle, as long as you ref a 15, 30, or 45 ob perception and do an exact 1/2 tip pivot at any bridge length...... ?

Again you have me traveling down your agressive off-track road into past obessions. I don't enjoy it like you do, so I'm turning around and heading back to higher ground.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member

They believe they're going to miss..They play percentage shots.
That's why they'll push out, play safe or try to foul the opponent.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Another non-constructive, negative post. You go boy! So enlightening. And you don't have a problem believing in spherical phenomena on a 2x1 surface that magically connects the balls to one of eight 90° angles every time regardless of shot angle, as long as you ref a 15, 30, or 45 ob perception and do an exact 1/2 tip pivot at any bridge length...... ?

Again you have me traveling down your agressive off-track road into past obessions. I don't enjoy it like you do, so I'm turning around and heading back to higher ground.

Everything that you can think of has been went over before..you haven't brought anything new to the table that hasn't been discussed before. You seem to be a good guy but believe me some of these guys will bring you down to level an beat you up with there abundance of down right stupidity as far pool is played.

The truth about this forum an why people don't hang around anymore are because of people like you know who.

You can't make an argument with guys who cant actually play, do yourself a favor an stay away from any one who uses cte. There a class act without the class.:wink: well...most of them anyways.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
They believe they're going to miss..They play percentage shots.
That's why they'll push out, play safe or try to foul the opponent.

No. I'm not talking about low-percentage shots. When a world class player happens to miss an open shot that they fully intended to make, they 100% believed they would make it. Saying I believe a player can master aiming and never miss another ball isn't the same as saying they'll be able to abandon common sense in shot selection and shoot willy-nilly at everything they see.
Lol. Part of "mastering the art of aiming" is realizing your individual limitations and playing within them.

Last edited:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MUUUUUHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!

.....as i rub and clench my hands in smug gleeness while drinking my coffee and smoking my little cigarette, rolled from the finest tobacco artisan with a system! I could roll this cigarette with millions watching me and be thinking geeee can't somebody else be rolling this instead? I'm much too busy. Much too clever. Clever and busy in my own thoughts.

I would like to think my last retorts has started this extra extrum meelee.

Fight. FIIIIGGGGHHHHHHHTTT. YESSSS......FIGHTTTTTTT!

Quick! Somebody get me some vaseline and a warm moist towel!

Gasp gasp uhhhhh awwwwwwwwwarrrrrrrr UHHHHH. ahhhhhhhhh.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Another non-constructive, negative post.

But my post was VERY constructive by showing how unconstructive yours was with the "all you have to have is positive thinking and BELIEVE! Give me and the pool world a break with this fantasy hooey.

Again you have me traveling down your agressive off-track road into past obessions.

Actually I'm living in your out of this world and over the top claims that you chose to make in order to sell some books

I don't enjoy it like you do, so I'm turning around and heading back to higher ground.

You should go wherever you need to go to hide from your claims and posts that dig a deeper hole for yourself. Heading for the HILLS might be best.

Hey, don't sweat it. The next 20 years for you will take the exact same length of time in seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, and years as it has for Hal, Stan, and all of us who got involved with CTE.
Be happy, be positive, that's all it takes in life and to be a superior pool player.

Remember, YOU'RE the one who gave me permission to post your FALSEHOODS in your book and YOU'RE the one who WROTE THEM.

For the record, here's ANOTHER CLAIM you made in the book.

"The following pages contain the most accurate aiming system ever developed for playing pool." Page 17

Yep, SO ACCURATE that even YOU and the other members of the gang who praised it to the nth degree ALL CHOOSE NOT TO USE IT!! Each of you use something that CANNOT be described in words or video.

Hypocrisy at it's finest and highest level!

Joe Tucker, Ekkes, Ron Vitello, Stan and others who have created aiming systems have never made that claim. But they all at least PLAY THE GAME with what THEY DEVELOPED.

Last edited:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. I'm not talking about low-percentage shots. When a world class player happens to miss an open shot that they fully intended to make, they 100% believed they would make it. Saying I believe a player can master aiming and never miss another ball isn't the same as saying they'll be able to abandon common sense in shot selection and shoot willy-nilly at everything they see.
Lol. Part of "mastering the art of aiming" is realizing your individual limitations and playing within them.

Jesus christ here i go again and take the bigger leap in genius concept.........ready y'all?

I really should start getting paid some sort of tribulation alms for my revelations because after me, there will be no more, buts it's ok, Jesus got nailed to a cross and told his dad for y'all to wise up.

THOU SHALL NOT'ITH PLAY SAFE'ITH EVER AGAIN.

Perhaps one day, another great man will come along and chart the course I've started......use MY ideassssssss.

Have a great day people'ing's.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You should go wherever you need to go to hide from your claims and posts that dig a deeper hole for yourself. Heading for the HILLS might be best.

Hey, don't sweat it. The next 20 years for you will take the exact same length of time in seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, and years as it has for Hal, Stan, and all of us who got involved with CTE.
Be happy, be positive, that's all it takes in life and to be a superior pool player.

Remember, YOU'RE the one who gave me permission to post your FALSEHOODS in your book and YOU'RE the one who WROTE THEM.

For the record, here's ANOTHER CLAIM you made in the book.

"The following pages contain the most accurate aiming system ever developed for playing pool." Page 17

Yep, SO ACCURATE that even YOU and the other members of the gang who praised it to the nth degree ALL CHOOSE NOT TO USE IT!! Each of you use something that CANNOT be described in words or video.

Hypocrisy at it's finest and highest level!

Joe Tucker, Ekkes, Ron Vitello, Stan and others who have created aiming systems have never made that claim. But they all at least PLAY THE GAME with what THEY DEVELOPED.

As I walk away from your negativity toward the higher ground, I'll toss a few words back in response to your once again off-topic statements.....

I don't need to hide from my "claims". They are simple statements that express my honest opinions, and I stand behind each one as that's what I believe. It's no different than you standing behind every word Stan has repeated from Hal about CTE, except I use my own words and not someone else's. But you have your opinions and beliefs, and I have mine, and that's the beauty of individualism.

And you either don't read well or have poor retention of facts. I have stated many times that I use my fractional method on occasional shots when needed. What I am noticing more and more is how often I find myself looking right at a specific fractional aim point when I get down on a shot. Anyway, as stated here and in the book, the primary goal of the system is to help a player become system-free, to just see the shot and automatically know how to shoot it without conciously depending on any systematic aiming process.

And just for kicks, what system has Stan "created"? I thought he simply modified and added to Hal Houle's work. I mean, his CTE talking points are straight from Hal, unmodified, unaltered. This is no bash on Stan. I believe his 10+ year struggle to understand and modify Hal's work is respectable. It shows true passion and dedication. I can't help it that he's been ridiculed and blasted over the years, and it has nothing to do with me. So you can keep on stomping around through the mud of the past, but I choose to keep movin' on into the future.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
As I walk away from your negativity toward the higher ground, I'll toss a few words back in response to your once again off-topic statements.....

Say one thing and do the exact opposite like it didn't exist. There must have been a mudslide that brought you back from up in the hills where you were heading.

I don't need to hide from my "claims". They are simple statements that express my honest opinions, and I stand behind each one as that's what I believe.

You innocently claim opinions. They're very over the top bold claims that have no validity or truth to them. Some on here might very well classify them as FALSE ADVERTISING and lies.

It's no different than you standing behind every word Stan has repeated from Hal about CTE, except I use my own words and not someone else's. But you have your opinions and beliefs, and I have mine, and that's the beauty of individualism.

Since I've been with both Hal and Stan for multiple days, I know what happens on the table in real life. I don't cling on their words from the internet.
They/I have proven what is being said to be true on the table.

And you either don't read well or have poor retention of facts. I have stated many times that I use my fractional method on occasional shots when needed.

Yes, supposedly when your game goes south. Occasional?
What a joke. If it's all you claim it is in the book which I've listed, you'd be foolish NOT to use it all the time unless you could prove your "secret" method is better in writing or video.

What I am noticing more and more is how often I find myself looking right at a specific fractional aim point when I get down on a shot.

A NEW STORY AND CLAIM! Out of the clear blue sky!

Anyway, as stated here and in the book, the primary goal of the system is to help a player become system-free, to just see the shot and automatically know how to shoot it without conciously depending on any systematic aiming process.

Why? It makes no sense. See the shot as the balls are laid out, think in terms of the grid for the fraction, set up to the fraction and shoot. It takes 3 seconds at most to focus and think about it. Tom Brady will be calling out every play tomorrow and the other 10 guys on the team are going to set up thinking about their exact role to carry it out. They won't be flying by the seat of their pants like a bunch of kids playing tag football on a field.

And just for kicks, what system has Stan "created"? I thought he simply modified and added to Hal Houle's work. I mean, his CTE talking points are straight from Hal, unmodified, unaltered.

Hal did everything with a manual pivot. Stan took it to an all visual level. THAT IS A HELLUVA CREATION! He did other things but his book will show it. You weren't even around to know what Hal taught. Yet, here you go thinking you know it all just like you do with everything else. Get off of your high horse already and focus on your own shortcomings and boasts.

This is no bash on Stan. I believe his 10+ year struggle to understand and modify Hal's work is respectable. It shows true passion and dedication. I can't help it that he's been ridiculed and blasted over the years, and it has nothing to do with me.

BULLSHIT! You've joined the group of primary blasters and done it yourself along with them. You can lie with the best of them.

So you can keep on stomping around through the mud of the past, but I choose to keep movin' on into the future.

Well ADIOS back up into them thar hills. But I have a suspicion you'll be dragging your butt back into something, some way, some how, and then claim either somebody else sucked you in (me( or you had no intention of doing it but here you are tied up and shackled to be doing it again.

The least you can do is verbalize in writing exactly what you see, do, and aim at in the "Secret Feel Aiming Non-System" that is so superior to Poolology which IS the BEST AIMING SYSTEM THAT EVER EXISTED. LMAO.

Last edited: