What is you favorite wood?

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
i also build cues and for looks i like, tasmanian blackwood, curly koa, buckeye burl, but for hit i like pink ivory or any good rosewood

Heres some curly koa and some desert ironwood burl......:thumbup: Desert Ironwood is so dense and heavy it sinks in water.

Extreme-Koa-ABC-e1292461745509.jpg

DIW.jpg

Last edited:

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
man i really like the look of the redwood burl......without the finish it looks awesome...if there is a way to keep and protect the wood. i would of kept it that way.....awesome cues jim.....

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red Mallee

Ill know in a year or two if Red Mallee is any good in a cue I just provided Mike Bender a piece of Red Mallee and Ebony for a cue.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Where does a guy find such woods? I don't make cues but I'm working on a wood project.

I've asked at the local specialty wood shop, but they can't even get birdseye maple except in veneers.

Is there a good website or is getting these types of woods a trade secret of sorts?

Thanks,

Jeff Livingston

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where does a guy find such woods? I don't make cues but I'm working on a wood project.

I've asked at the local specialty wood shop, but they can't even get birdseye maple except in veneers.

Is there a good website or is getting these types of woods a trade secret of sorts?

Thanks,

Jeff Livingston
Noticed this one on the ACA website. exoticwoodsusa.com

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Favorite LQQKing Wood for a Pool Cue

For me as a teenager and still today as an aging gentleman, "Birdseye Maple"
has always caught my eye as the most beautiful wood to LQQK at for a pool cue!:)

David Harcrow