What pro player still plays with a Meucci

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
coincidences

I have played with in order Schmelke, Viking, McDermott, Josswest, Joss, Meucci, and now I just yesterday received a Dominiak. Out of all those cues the Meucci(David Howard pre-dot) has better response than any of them. More controllable english from the tip to the shaft all the way to my fingers. None of them feel like the Meucci. I don't know what it is but it is real, for me anyway. The one thing about the Meucci that I have seen on this forum before is that the inlays seem to be growing. You can feel their outline by running your fingers over them. The Dominiak I am still test driving, so far it responds just fine.:D

I also began playing with a Schmelke, and then Vikings for quite a while. I bought a used 1977 Meucci in '81 and used it till '87 when I retired and sold it. First big mistake...I really liked that cue.

Came out of retirement and played with a Huebler for a couple years, then bought a Meucci sneaky from the late '80s and loved it...till it was stolen in '95. I got very lucky and bought a used Bob Frey sneaky with two shafts for $75 that fall, and played with that for a few years.

I tried a '94 Meucci, but didn't care for the hit and sold it immediately. I gave Meuccis another chance in 2002 and bought two of them. The tip came off one with the first shot, but I stuck with it for a year or so. Then I bought another with a Black Dot shaft, but didn't care for that shaft. Even worse, when I tried to use the new shaft on the other Meucci it didn't line up at the joint!!

So I sold them both and went back to the Frey...but like the fool that I can be, I sold that cue, - second big mistake! I then played with Hueblers for a while and liked them.

In 2005, I got the cue buying disease, - and bought and sold well over a hundred over the next few years. Wanted to try as many makers as I could. I even bought three Meuccis from the '80s, but sold them when times were tough. I really liked the original Predators and the Pechauers, but sold them too. More big mistakes!!

I also like the OBs and a few others. But I inherited a 1987 Joss, and though I don't really play anymore, the Joss (with an original 314 shaft) has been my primary shooter for about four years.

Rating success by titles and dollars, I'd put my cues in this order...
Meucci M-1
Meucci LH-2
Hueblers
Bob Frey
Vikings
Pechauers
Predators
Joss w/Predator shaft

Sorry for getting carried away...I love to talk about cues!

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Meuccinies

Up to date Meucci players:
Jayson Shaw,
Corey Deuel,
Sky Woodward,
Max Eberle
Loree Jon Hanson
Dennis Hatch (not sure..)
Alejandro Carvajal Ossandon

Chris@2015

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad to see Meucci back to sponsoring players. It's a win-win when the industry sponsors pro and amateur players. A year ago no one was really talking about them, and now with their marketing strategy they are back on the map.

SWN99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see more sponsorship from Predator and OB than any other. Meucci is a thing of the past I think.