Who will win? Earl Strickland vs Efren Reyes January 14-16, 2014

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the match is setup to earl's strength.

I would've rather see 8b, 10b, and 1p on a 9ft table.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Efren's been doing good in All-Japan Open. Hasn't lost any match yet. Earl may have the edge in 9/10 ball but i'd bet on efren on 8-ball.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep

Uh huh.....I would agree........it might have been a more level playing field........Has anyone seen Efren play on 10-footers before?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Uh huh.....I would agree........it might have been a more level playing field........Has anyone seen Efren play on 10-footers before?

efren adapts well. he has experience in snooker, balkline and even russian pyramid.;)

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
I will purchase this PPV just as soon as I receive every issue of InsidePool magazine they should have sent me.

Is there anyone who will be buying the PPV and didn't receive their paid subscriptions? At what point should someone support the stream after getting ripped off?

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
One thing for sure

Earl isn't going to shark Efren with his BS crybaby antics!

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome match! Efren is my man, but I have noticed a drop in his game. Both in their prime, I would take Efren, this match, im rooting for Efren, but will not be surprised to see earl come out on top. I loved the color of money challenge race to 100 they did, Efren was like 17 games behind at one point and came back and won it

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to this cracker match. Race to 15 is short though.
On current form, Earl should be slight favorite. But you never write off Efren. He is most dangerous when he is underdog. Go go Efren !!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Last time I saw Efren play on a 10 footer, he played poorly.
Seems the years are catching up to him.
( it was an Accustats thing at Castle)

Earl tends to behave when he plays Efren, win or lose.
He respects Efren a lot.

I like Earl here.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member

You are exactly right....Earl has already played a number of matches on 10' tables and I'm not sure how much Efren has played on 10' tables. I wish they were playing on 9' tables for Efren to have a better chance. This match is set up in Earl's favor, but don't count Efren out.

James

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is nice about this match-up is that neither one of them, Efren or Earl, has anything to prove in the pool world. They are both accomplished players and have attained the highest championships around the world. It will be a great match for sure, one that I know will be in the history books for the future. This is great stuff! :)

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is nice about this match-up is that neither one of them, Efren or Earl, has anything to prove in the pool world. They are both accomplished players and have attained the highest championships around the world. It will be a great match for sure, one that I know will be in the history books for the future. This is great stuff! :)

Very well said, I agree with you.