WRISTS - The "hidden power catalyst" of a great stroke or "just along for the ride"?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dad, I was talking about your other son, PJ getting the 2 year ban

I have no 'obsession' !..Like most of your erroneous claims, I enjoyed only a 3 month vacation, not two years as you said ! :rolleyes:..Sadly for you, with all your faulty, misguided beliefs and extremely unstable people like Mr.Rose cheering you on, you are pre-programmed for failure !...Its just a matter of time! :sorry:

PS..Like I heard honest Abe say once, "You can fool some of the people, part of the time...etc." :cool:

Come on, Dad, I was talking about your other son, PJ getting the 2 year ban.....pay attention, you can't be that drunk this early.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
they have all finally agreed that it's all in the wrist.....and the TOI

my God- 2358 posts, and yall havent solved this issue yet????

I think they have all finally agreed that it's all in the wrist.....and the TOI. :wink:
wrist3-300x166.jpg

What's up, PINKLADY, you've been uncommonly quiet lately.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I just noticed that you guys quit talking about wrists a long times ago and that made me wonder what in the hell you were talking about. I looked, and here your are bad mouthing each other once again. What the hell! Can't we all just try and get along? We're all pool players for crissakes.
Granted some are better players than others, but we do share a common interest here and that is how do we make pool better for ourselves and others. How to keep it alive for the generations to come. Our progeny. Our seed. Come on everyone, let's bury the hatchet somewhere other than CJ's forehead, or Dick's back.
Let's all look to the future together and forge a new horizon. A new world order where pool players can come and go as they please without angst, hatred, or prejudice. Where One Pocket players can sit down with Rotation enthusiasts and share their hopes and dreams.
God willing, we can do it. All it takes is a smile, a handshake, and a firm belief in our fellow man. :)

This is the biggest load of shit I've heard in a long time. :)

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny thing is, there is no wrist in your stroke. :confused:

You pre-cock your wrist radially (thumb side), and it stays cocked all through your stroke..........essentially taking the wrist out of the shot much the way John Schmidt does, only in the opposite direction (ulnar or toward the pinky),

You should know my stoke better than me, that's for sure.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Show me one shot out of the thousands that exist on video were I'm wrong.

Locking the wrist is the Teacher?

You're definitely the expert on my stroke, I don't think any video will change that.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's amazing what you can do with this type shot

Can you use the TOI without getting the cue ball floating away effect, he maybe inside but its not enough to be noticeable to the eye. I think cj plays that way and keeps the deflection to a very very minimum and only really deflects it when he needs that floating away position for his next shot. He can really regulate the amount of deflection on a given shot.. what do you think? He likes to use that slow drag shot or kill shot quite often and that is where that cue ball floating effect could be coming from?

That's correct, I keep the deflection to a minimum and I can regulate it by thought. You can still see the cue ball floating due to the lack of after-contact-spin though.

When I want to really stun, or "kill" the shot I will cue more to the inside, which would create the effect. It's amazing what you can do with this type shot provided your stroke is accelerating exactly at the moment of contact.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yada, yada, yada, etc....Let's all look to the future together and forge a new horizon. A new world order where pool players can come and go as they please without angst, hatred, or prejudice. Where One Pocket players can sit down with Rotation enthusiasts and share their hopes and dreams.
God willing, we can do it. All it takes is a smile, a handshake, and a firm belief in our fellow man. :)

This is the biggest load of shit I've heard in a long time. :)

Good to see you were only kidding, Tramp..I was afraid maybe you had gone over to the 'dark side' ! ..One demented (Timothy) "Rose, between two thorns", is more than enough ! ;)

PS..Does anyone know, if Mr. Rose has made it out of 2nd grade yet ? :sorry:

Recent photo's of Mr. Rose. (in his usual mode) :wink:

View attachment 385514

Last edited:

Timothy Rose

Silver Member
Good to see you were only kidding, Tramp..I was afraid maybe you had gone over to the 'dark side' ! ..One demented (Timothy) "Rose, between two thorns", is more than enough ! ;)

Recent photo's of Mr. Rose. (posing as an adult) :wink:

View attachment 385514

ha ....:thumbup:

I have been through everything on this site about this and that and figured it all out fella ....

you just trolling for some free fame is all ...

i like that post #2369 ... pay up sucker :D

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ha ....:thumbup:

I have been through everything on this site about this and that and figured it all out fella ....

i like that post #2369 ... pay up sucker :D

Figures to be one of your favorites...It makes absolutely NO sense, whatsoever ! :rolleyes:

Timothy Rose

Silver Member
Figures to be one of your favorites...It makes absolutely NO sense, whatsoever ! :rolleyes:

well i am guessing the type of game you played took less skill and ability and more strategy... so it is no wonder you are not able to understand techniques and such. aren't you a bank player?

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....Have you played against anyone some what famous that some of us may have heard about and may make you some what legit?

I stumbled across another real "gem" of a post from you, that I had not replied to ! (not that it matters)...I would venture to say, I have often competed with probably as many, or more, name players..than Mr. Wiley !.. Especially as it appears he was a mostly a tournament player, and a ring game addict. (except for his 'road trips'..hustling sucker's)

Let me throw out a few names of my regular 'playmates'. (not that you will recognize any of them)..Wanderone, Matthews, Allen, Kelly, Hall, Cooney, Frost, Owens, Ambrose, Heisler, Perkins, and several dozen others, who played just as good, but were not as well known..(kinda like me) ;)

PS..I omitted all the first names, just so you could hit google, and learn them ! ;)

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are certainly casting a dark shadow......

Same as usual........discounting the use of video (don't blame you though, it's never in your favor to do so).

Watching video of myself doesn't favor me? You are certainly casting a dark shadow.

I actually experience the real thing, video is a secondary representation. Keep watching the videos, you'll feel my stroke better than me before too long if you're persistent enough.

e40eddfaca943c36c853e4020c2cbecd.jpg

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I think they have all finally agreed that it's all in the wrist.....and the TOI. :wink:
What's up, PINKLADY, you've been uncommonly quiet lately.

i've been weeding through the PMS posts. plus, my wrist is sprained - let's just say it was "pool" related....

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
well i am guessing the type of game you played took less skill and ability and more strategy... so it is no wonder you are not able to understand techniques and such. aren't you a bank player?

Show some respect. You may not like what he has to say, but you haven't the sand to bad mouth his game.

Don't mind me. I'm only here to stir a little shit. :smile:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Recent photo's of Mr. Rose. (in his usual mode) :wink:

View attachment 385514

Not me. I'm a straight down the road conservative.
Since this thread has long since gone beyond the realm of a discussion about how 'wrists' effect the stroke, and has morphed into a round of mudslinging, I thought I'd join the fray. It's Memorial day and the pool hall is closed. :)