WRISTS - The "hidden power catalyst" of a great stroke or "just along for the ride"?

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Yes, I knew Grady quite well..If I may put my 'brag hat' on, here is a post he wrote on onepocket.org, a few years before he passed !..I puffed up like a toad, that he would say such complimentary things about me, to all my 1P buddies ! ;) It is post #144, in "More Chicago Stuff", and he is referring to a partner match we were trying set up with Arty B. and Cardone.

RIP Oldtimer.. It was my great fortune, knowing you !..:thumbup:

PS..I am just waiting for CJ, to ask me if I knew Grady ? (AGAIN)...I'm sure he will ! :(

very cool....
thanks for the story & i'm sorry if it's well-known, but i didn't know, & you are faster than the pitiful search button.

so we're watching the COM yesterday, after catching up KK9 on this thread. and we're watching. and watching. RESPECT, was through the room.

KK9's filling my head with more tales. HISTORY. of you. of Keith. of Jay. of CJ. each, in your own rights.

and i just thought: WTF????

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, I knew Grady quite well..If I may put my 'brag hat' on, (forgive me CJ :sorry:) here is a post he wrote on onepocket.org, a few years before he passed !..I puffed up like a toad, that he would say such complimentary things about me, to all my 1P buddies ! ;) It is post #144, in "More Chicago Stuff", and he is referring to a partner match we were trying set up with Arty B. and Cardone.

RIP Oldtimer.. It was my great fortune, knowing you !..:thumbup:

PS..I am just waiting for CJ, to ask me if I knew Grady ? (AGAIN)...I'm sure he will ! :(

Grady Seasons was a cool dude!!!

Grady_Seasons.JPG

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grady Seasons **WAS a cool dude!!!

Grady_Seasons.JPG

As usual. you make NO sense !..Grady Seasons, (ie; Keith) unlike Grady Matthew's..is not dead **yet ! ..For Crissake CJ..come to the party. :rolleyes:....Are you trying to break your own record, for stupid posts ?.. By my latest estimate, you have about 10,888 to go ! :eek:

PS..I only added the Grady story, because Pinklady expressed an interest !..Unlike you (and your minions) who like to expound on my obscurity, there are many others in that same thread, who admit to knowing me well !
..I'm done bragging, so if you have any interest in their names, I would be happy to PM them to you..Many are guy's whose names you may actually know yourself !..You sure like to toss them around a lot..(Cardone, Massey, Ronnie, Kelly, Alfie, etc).....I certainly hope it doesn't upset you, Bunter, or Mr.Eye, knowing all this..(NOT) :sorry:

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
fictional characters can't die, because they have never truly lived.

As usual. you make NO sense !..Grady Seasons, (ie; Keith) unlike Grady Matthew's..is not dead **yet ! ..For Crissake CJ..come to the party. :rolleyes:....Are you trying to break your own record, for stupid posts ?.. By my latest estimate, you have about 10,888 to go ! :eek:

Actually "Grady Seasons" is a fictional character played by Keith McCready in 'The Color of Money' -

fictional characters can't literally die, because they have never truly lived.

Rusty C

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question for C J,who do you think broke the balls harder Tony Ellin or Wade Crane.I have a little wadeger on this.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I have a question for C J,who do you think broke the balls harder Tony Ellin or Wade Crane.I have a little wadeger on this.

I know who had more leverage :grin-square:
I've watched them both break and play at the same tournament in 1994 and in my opinion ........ At that time Wade Crane broke them like Godzilla

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
my hat's off to Tony for being unbeatable that particular day/tournament.

By "harder" do you mean actual cue ball speed?

Tony had a big motion and appeared to get more cue ball speed, however, Wade had a concentrated style and hit the balls extremely square and hard.

Wade also kind of "jumped" the cue ball into the one ball. This made the sound more intense and the cue ball jumped up in the air, a foot or two at times.

Because of the drastic style difference I can't really tell you who broke harder. When Wade was at his best I think he broke a shade better, however, Tony was a very close second. David Howard also had a devastating break and was as good as anyone at times.

Tony beat me in the finals of the Sands Regency Open one year and I had NO CHANCE because he made 3-5 balls on the break every time and was straight in on the next ball (it seemed like anyway).....no one can beat that, and my hat's off to Tony for being unbeatable that particular day/tournament.