places to play in chino/LA/inland empire??

pianoplayer

Registered
Hi , coming in from overseas for a relative's wedding.
Might have some time to burn inbetween the events , any places to play around chino hill/diamond bar/ all around the inland empire?
thanks guys

Safety

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The two places that Einstein mentioned are good choices. CueTime in Covina is the only good one that I know of near Chino. If you want to drive a little bit, there is also Golden Cue in El Monte and HardTimes in Bellflower. Danny K's in Orange is another good choice. The owner is a member of this forum. Send me a PM if you have questions, I've been to most of the rooms in the areas that you listed.

Last edited:

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good advice so far... Depending on location I recommend
Stix or Danny Ks. Shooters would be next on the list.

Shooters... Gold Crowns and a full service bar... good pricing and decent
food. Tables in good shape and well kept. Action if your looking.
Cant remember how many tables after the remodel. About 20+ though.
One Snooker table but they play golf on it.

Stix.. 28 tables total... 20 9footers and 8 Global bar Tables. 9 footers
are a mix with 6 GC4s, 13 GC3s and one Pro Diamond. All in good shape. Diamond is a recent purchase and is showing wear but still plays great.
Some action and Tournaments one Tues and Thurs at 8pm.
Beer, Wine and food..

Cuetime .. hodgepodge of tables and mostly banger crowd. A couple of guys will gamble though. Tables not in great shape most of the time.

Kellys or Shamrocks (depends on who you ask) in Chino. 7 tables in not so great condition but they do get play. Mostly younger crowd. Full service bar and most of the time its hard to concentrate on pool with the ladies walking around..nice selection of those.

Danny Ks... From the Diamond Bar side its not far. Good tables good full menu good full bar good ambience good people. Not alot of action that I know of but they have tournaments on many nights. look up their website...http://www.dannyks.com/
DannyK is a forum member and is very nice guy. He has a great place that is a true mix of a true pool room and an upscale billiard restaurant/bar.
Very much lady friendly and non pool player friendly.

Also in Brea is Diamonds.... They have okay tables but its more of a club feel most of the time. VERY GOOD selection of ladies. Defintely a younger crowd. Good private room though.
Their ads say to expect to see hot and sexy people there and its the truth
http://www.myspace.com/diamondsbilliard

Hardtimes in Bellfower might be tough to fit into a schedule but its not far either. First sunday tournament there is a good one.

Shoot me a PM and if you want someone to hit them around with either myself or other locals AZers will meet you.

Safety

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frank, where are you from? I remember reading somewhere that you lived up north. But I also remember reading that you had one of Louie's jump break cues and he's from West Covina, so now I'm confused. If you're around the area we can all meet up and shoot.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frank, where are you from? I remember reading somewhere that you lived up north. But I also remember reading that you had one of Louie's jump break cues and he's from West Covina, so now I'm confused. If you're around the area we can all meet up and shoot.

I live in Ontario for another 2 weeks. Then North Fontana

Only Louie I know is Meatball Louie and he makes a mean meatball grinder :p Maybe the best... makes all ingredients... bread, sauce, meatballs and even the cheese.

Might have be crossed with another Frank. Theres at least 4 of us :D

Who is in West Covina? Louie?

I am all for meeting up. A have met a few Azers here in SoCal and all are great guys. Some very nice cues and good players in the bunch as well.
Honestly we should have a SoCal AZ meet and greet tourney. Surprised it has not been done before. I am back playing more regularly for the next couple months so hit me up.

KD Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Places to play

You can let me know also if you have some time and I will keep you company (work permitting). Tues. evening is the in house league at Dannys' and it is also the tournament night at Stix. E-mail me your phone # at: xmilekent@hotmail.com
Enjoy your stay here, Kent Davis:thumbup:

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Idea having a SoCAL AZer's meet and greet tourney. :cool: I would be very interested.