Eason Cues

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
I hear ya Kenny ... But the truth is it will be more like my Avatar now ... In that you will have to have something to pacify you like a little baby when you start all that yelling and crying and throwing of cues you do when you get beat badly on the table ... Like you always do... I heard the last time that kid beat you you where asking them to check the kids ID..LOL... And I am told that you have perfected the art of going two and out in all your tourny's ... No way you hang with me... In fact your already asking for a spot...lol...

KillerBee69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only spot I want from you is that $100 spot to go in my wallet!! By the way,I do not throw my cues anymore,I throw the other guy's!!!! LOL!

M3Composite

Jeff Eason Is NOT a Man Of His Word

We are the manufacturer of M3 Composite Metals. M3 is a metal composite (atomized metal and special binders) that simulates the look of Mokume Gane and Damascus Steel at a fraction of the price. It is also very easy to work with as it can be worked with common wood working tools while polishing up to a brilliant metal finish. (You can see examples of this material at www.MetalPenBlanks.com)

In January 2009 Jeff called us and to make a long story short offered to make us a cue using our material as accent rings, joint covers and inlay material in return for a small supply of our material. We sent Jeff around $300 worth of material and we have never received the cue. Jeff has not answered or returned any of our phone calls in months.

Back when Jeff was talking to us he said the he had shared the material with some of the other cue makers on this forum particularly a gentleman named King. We are wondering if that ever happened and if it did whether any of you had used the M3 in any of your cues?

Please respond to this post or contact me directly if you have used the material as we are looking for photo's to use in our marketing materials.

Thank you,

Michael Kogan
M3 Composite Industries
(888) 478-6745 (direct)
Mike@M3CI.com
www.MetalPenBlanks.com

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
We are the manufacturer of M3 Composite Metals. M3 is a metal composite (atomized metal and special binders) that simulates the look of Mokume Gane and Damascus Steel at a fraction of the price. It is also very easy to work with as it can be worked with common wood working tools while polishing up to a brilliant metal finish. (You can see examples of this material at www.MetalPenBlanks.com)

In January 2009 Jeff called us and to make a long story short offered to make us a cue using our material as accent rings, joint covers and inlay material in return for a small supply of our material. We sent Jeff around $300 worth of material and we have never received the cue. Jeff has not answered or returned any of our phone calls in months.

Back when Jeff was talking to us he said the he had shared the material with some of the other cue makers on this forum particularly a gentleman named King. We are wondering if that ever happened and if it did whether any of you had used the M3 in any of your cues?

Please respond to this post or contact me directly if you have used the material as we are looking for photo's to use in our marketing materials.

Thank you,

Michael Kogan
M3 Composite Industries
(888) 478-6745 (direct)
Mike@M3CI.com
www.MetalPenBlanks.com

Jeff has a history on here. If you do a search you will see he has burned quite a few AZ members. I hope you can get some of your money back but I doubt you will ever see a dime without legal action against Jeff. Goodluck!

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member

Jeff has a terrible reputation on here.

Your material looks nice. It's a shame this is the cuemaker you first had a chance of dealing with. There is a wealth of reputable people here. Like any other group, there are a handful of dirt bags as well.

Btw, I haven't noticed any cues with this material in it any where on this site.

matta

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
I remember Jeff getting the pieces you refer to seems like there was some 6 inch pieces and some shorter pieces. Some were like a Black and Gold and Some were Silver and Black. He brought them here to the house to show me and I thought they looked very nice they had a little wieght to them also not alot but some. He was excited about the material and said that y'all sent it to him to try it out if he liked it he was going to buy some off you. I also remember him saying something about he was going to build a cue out of it and send it to you to have put on the front cover of a magazine to promote the material and Eason's cues. He was planning on using it for Joints and Butt plates. I doubt you would of ever used the cue to promote your material because while the material looks very nice , Jeffs cue work would of been a embarrassment to your company and representng your company.

I liked the material and at the time Jeff and I were friends he showed it off to a few other cue makers. I will not mention thier names and drag them into this in public. I told Jeff I was a little concerned about the wieght that I would not put it in a cue in the joint or Butt Sleeve unless it was hollowed out and used to sleeve over something. In that way I imagine it would make a beautiful cue. He was making me a cue at the time and I asked him about using some as ring work thinking it would look very , very nice as ring work. He told me he would but like he did to you , He never came through on his promise to me. I also got screwed on another cue deal with him and ended our friendship. We both live in the same town but I never see or talk to him or have anything to do with him. At one point I was considering building cues I made two one I sold and one I kept for my own use. But niether contained this material in them.

Jeff has a very bad reputation on here and other forums so it is definatly a buyer beware thing. As far as I know he still has the material, He has very little in way of supplies most of the money he gets goes right on bills, He struggles to ever gather material to build any cue someone has ordered and he spends thier money as soon as he gets it help out in the house. This leads to alot of his trouble with customers and broken promises. He just is not moving very many cues if any at all . Most of his cues have been setting on his front porch for about a year . He bought a small portable shed that is probably not much better then his porch that he uses for a shop now. You don't see anyone here local using his cue which is rare seeing we don't have any type of shop for that sort of thing. I have taken up cue repairs and do well with that local but I am not building and will soon being going back to school so I don't see cue building in my future ...

I am sorry that you have gotten mixed up with Eason cues. If you had done your homework the out come was very predictable. The material I seen was very nice looking . But I have not seen Jeff use it on anything my guess is that he has not figured out how to ... Or if he did he made a cue and shipped it out of country or traded it off to another cue maker for something he needed to finish out on a cue. But that is only my guesses and I have no way of knowing for sure. I hope you find a way to make good on your deal but there are so many here on AZ and other forums that are still looking like you for what Jeff promised them , and what they paid for. Jeff has become the BarkCinnamon of cue makers. As far as I know he has not given it to anyone ,I know I never got any of it I only saw him showing it off he was pretty proud of it. Jeff will not answer your calls or questions in hopes that you will do like many others and just let it drop and move on ... He claims to be making good on everything to everyone .... But it is more of a fact that he is ignoring them until they drop it and move on then he can clain he made good on the deal.

Again Sorry ... If I can help you in anyway without coming in contact with Jeff Eason please P.M. me ... I have tried to help others out in getting thier money or cue but it has done little good . I prefer to avoid Jeff because he is not worth going to jail over. And nothing he has said to me is the truth so talking to him is of no use ...

Good Luck ... Someone, Someday will have to step up and put a stop to all of this . It should be against the law to rip people off like this time and time again.

M3Composite

Thank you

First I would like to thank everyone that responded to this post. King, I especially appreciate the background that you are able to provide. The shame of it is that if Jeff had been straight with us we would have been happy to let him sell the M3 Cue and keep the proceeds as long as we got some good photographs of the cue first.

Mokume and Damascus Metal inlays that will cut with existing wood based tools and that finishes to a gem quality finish is a great addition to the professional cue makers palette.

Perhaps the forum members can recommend some reputable cue makers that might be willing to incorporate M3 into a future project?

Thank you,

Michael Kogan
M3 Composite Industries
(888) 478-6745 (direct)
Mike@M3CI.com
www.MetalPenBlanks.com