Feeler for a Ron Kilby sneaky with two shafts

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Tohttp://forums.azbilliards.com/images/editor/separator.gifward the end of last year I looked around for a cue builder who made cues with an all wood joint. I ran across Ron Kilby's Website and was taken with his description of his cues and his general philosophy of cue building. If you are not familiar with him, he has built mostly carom cues but builds pool cues as well. Here is a link to some information on his Website: http://www.caromcues.com/WhyKilbyCue.htm

I ended up buying a cue from him and liked how it played, so I ordered a second shaft. I played with the cue for about a week and it played fine, but you guys know what happened...I put it in the closet to play with other cues and haven't used it since.

There are ivory ferrules on both shafts. The cue is 58" and a little under 19 ounces (butt = 14.76, shaft1 = 3.96, shaft 2 = 4.03). Shafts are about 12.75 mm. Joint protectors are included.

I am about to leave for the pool hall and will take the cue with me to make sure it rolls straight. The cue is in near mint condition.

If there is any interest in the cue, I will take a couple of pics of it and post them tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

I have about $400 in the cue and will take $340 shipped Priority Mail and insured.

Last edited:

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Toward the end of last year I looked around for a cue builder who made cues with an all wood joint. I ran across Ron Kilby's Website and was taken with his description of his cues and his general philosophy of cue building. If you are not familiar with him, he has built mostly carom cues but builds pool cues as well. Here is a link to some information on his Website: http://www.caromcues.com/WhyKilbyCue.htm

I ended up buying a cue from him and liked how it played, so I ordered a second shaft. I played with the cue for about a week and it played fine, but you guys know what happened...I put it in the closet to play with other cues and haven't used it since.

There are ivory ferrules on both shafts. The cue is 58" and a little under 19 ounces (butt = 14.76, shaft1 = 3.96, shaft 2 = 4.03). Shafts are about 12.75 mm. Joint protectors are included.

I am about to leave for the pool hall and will take the cue with me to make sure it rolls straight. The cue is in near mint condition.

If there is any interest in the cue, I will take a couple of pics of it and post them tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

I have about $400 in the cue and will take $350 shipped Priority Mail and insured.
I've also got one of Ron's pool cues, and can attest to Ron's excellent workmanship and quality. He puts a very nice parabolic taper on his pool cue shafts that produces a very solid communicative hit. Recommended.

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I've also got one of Ron's pool cues, and can attest to Ron's excellent workmanship and quality. He puts a very nice parabolic taper on his pool cue shafts that produces a very solid communicative hit. Recommended.
Thanks for the kind words about the cue. I am at the pool hall right now and have determined that the cue rolls straight together and apart.

I think I'll try taking a couple of pictures right now and stick them in this thread.

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Pics of the Ron Kilby cue

Here are three pics of the cue. I did notice that there are areas on the butt where the finish is more like I would expect on a house cue than a custom cue, but Ron didn't make the butt, he uses butts he gets from some company in Canada.

There is a Triangle tip on one shaft and I believe it is a Moori medium on the other shaft.
623600003_JJxxr-XL.jpg

623600106_puHLX-XL.jpg

623600312_U2SbA-XL.jpg

Last edited:

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just the smallest of evening

bumps for the night crowd. I have had one nearly reasonable offer so far. The cue is in great shape and I really don't want to lose more that $75 on it. Thanks for looking.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I also have a Kilby. Very happy with it and with Ron's service as well.

Lotsa cue for $400. 2 shafts, j/ps @ $350 is a real steal deal.