Corsair Custom 1987 Cue with McKernan Case

hreekie

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price Reduced $500 to Sell....

FIRST OFFER OF$1,250 takes it all.

Purchased in 1987 directly from Cue Maker Hall of Famer, Hank Korsiak and it is a work of art. According to Roger, his son and now owner of Corsair Cues, the cue is worth $2,200. He also verified the Ivory is REAL and the Hank made the cue a few years before he passed away. Hank also put my name on the reverse side of the handle. Comes as shown with the two shafts and the case.

The case is a fine McKernan original from Washington - leather logo inside.

I absolutely hate to part with it, but must. Used very little and stored for the last 6 years.

Thanks.

More shots,please go to:
http://www.howardreekie.com/poolcue/poolcue.html

Attachments

• poolcue1sm.jpg
    poolcue1sm.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
FIRST OFFER OF $1,750 takes it all.

Purchased in 1987 directly from Cue Maker Hall of Famer, Hank Korsiak and it is a work of art. According to Roger, his son and now owner of Corsair Cues, the cue is worth $2,200. He also verified the Ivory is REAL and the Hank made the cue a few years before he passed away. Hank also put my name on the reverse side of the handle. Comes as shown with the two shafts and the case.

The case is a fine McKernan original from Washington - leather logo inside.

I absolutely hate to part with it, but must. Used very little and stored for the last 6 years.

Thanks.

More shots,please go to:
http://www.howardreekie.com/poolcue/poolcue.html

That is certainly a beautiful Cue and Case, the price seems very fair to me. I am located in Washington state, and the case attached to your auction is very collectible. Cases like the case pictured sell for around $400 in that condition, the Gentleman who made then passed away to my knowledge in the late 1980's so I have no idea how many were made. However, they are by far more rare than the average Felini cases, in both numbers made and those surviving. Doe's the case still have the original Brad Scuffer inside the top of the case?

Either way your offering looks like one hell of a deal, good luck with your sale and thanks for sharing.

hreekie

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is certainly a beautiful Cue and Case, the price seems very fair to me. I am located in Washington state, and the case attached to your auction is very collectible. Cases like the case pictured sell for around $400 in that condition, the Gentleman who made then passed away to my knowledge in the late 1980's so I have no idea how many were made. However, they are by far more rare than the average Felini cases, in both numbers made and those surviving. Doe's the case still have the original Brad Scuffer inside the top of the case?

Either way your offering looks like one hell of a deal, good luck with your sale and thanks for sharing.
Hi Craig:
Thanks. Yes the scuffer is inside. It is like brand new. You can see the case detail on the link I posted. I was wondering about the McKernan as I found a telephone number and it was no longer in service. McKernan, I believe was a master woodsmith (obviously) and restored expensive pool tables as well. It is a beautiful piece of art in and of itself.
Regards, HJR

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Hi Craig:
Thanks. Yes the scuffer is inside. It is like brand new. You can see the case detail on the link I posted. I was wondering about the McKernan as I found a telephone number and it was no longer in service. McKernan, I believe was a master woodsmith (obviously) and restored expensive pool tables as well. It is a beautiful piece of art in and of itself.
Regards, HJR

I tried to do more research on these cases two years ago. I went to the address on the case and found out about the gentleman's death in the 80's. However, that is about all the information I could find, no knows how many of these cases where made, but I have seen two different kinds. Apparently some of the billiard supply stores in Tacoma and Seattle sold these cases starting the late 1970's and into the 1980's, due to a conversation I had with store owner in Tacoma, and a customer of mine who bought one in 1978.

Again, I hope my comments are not taking away from your thread, My intention is only to help.

Good luck with your sale.

hreekie

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to do more research on these cases two years ago. I went to the address on the case and found out about the gentleman's death in the 80's. However, that is about all the information I could find, no knows how many of these cases where made, but I have seen two different kinds. Apparently some of the billiard supply stores in Tacoma and Seattle sold these cases starting the late 1970's and into the 1980's, due to a conversation I had with store owner in Tacoma, and a customer of mine who bought one in 1978.

Again, I hope my comments are not taking away from your thread, My intention is only to help.

Good luck with your sale.
Not at all. I appreciate the info. Many thanks.