Whose got the best rack in pool/

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay now that I got your attention:grin-square:... I'm not talking about boobs so I'm sure some of you will be disappointed.

I just set up a GC 3 with new Simonis 860 in my basement that I bought used and it plays great. The table came with a rack and I just assumed it was square and true.

However after using the table for 2 months and not being able to hardly make any balls on a break be it 8 ball or 9 ball. ( I have always had a great break)It finally dawned on me to check out the rack. So it appears the wooden rack is warped/bent what ever you want to call it and the balls don't rack tight.

So I'm looking at getting a better rack. Any thoughts on a Sardo tight rack, or one of these Delta 13 racks any thoughts ideas, personal opinions ect

meximan2469

WPBL
Silver Member
Magic Rack

I recently bought a Magic 9 ball rack, yesterday I took it to the pool hall with me and probably hit about 25 breaks, I literally did not have a dry break, I either made the wing ball in the corner or the one ball in the side everytime. I am definately not a pro and generally I have had a decent break but nothing to write home about, But the difference it makes in having a perfect tight rack everytime is huge. Now I just need to cure myself from scratching the cue ball in the side on the break and I will be good to go...:smile:

But I haven't tried much else outside of the regular house racks and the diamond wooden rack.

Hope this helps,

Dave

dkindig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• shanelle-loraine-playing-in-the-womens-amateur-championship.jpg
    shanelle-loraine-playing-in-the-womens-amateur-championship.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,033

kevpull

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sardo

What ever happened to the Sardo Tight Rack? No one seems to use it anymore. I havent seen it used in any of the big tournaments. Why not?

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Sardo, but it is a pain in the butt since it doesn't just sit under the table. I have to walk 5 steps to get it. I know, I am lazy.

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Whats the difference between the delta 13 and the delta 13 elite?

Ive ordered the magic rack and the rack m right, but would like to have a good traditional rack too.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The later is elite of course, not just a regular Delta rack. :)

The former is cast aluminum, then machined down to finished dimensions, and the later is assembled together from extruded aluminum stock.

Here is Delta's comparison chart
http://www.delta-13.com/Delta-13.html

Whats the difference between the delta 13 and the delta 13 elite?

Ive ordered the magic rack and the rack m right, but would like to have a good traditional rack too.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay now that I got your attention:grin-square:... I'm not talking about boobs so I'm sure some of you will be disappointed.

I just set up a GC 3 with new Simonis 860 in my basement that I bought used and it plays great. The table came with a rack and I just assumed it was square and true.

However after using the table for 2 months and not being able to hardly make any balls on a break be it 8 ball or 9 ball. ( I have always had a great break)It finally dawned on me to check out the rack. So it appears the wooden rack is warped/bent what ever you want to call it and the balls don't rack tight.

So I'm looking at getting a better rack. Any thoughts on a Sardo tight rack, or one of these Delta 13 racks any thoughts ideas, personal opinions ect

I have a Delta 13 also. I like it. It's a bit loud but I have ordered some inserts here off AZ so that should quiet it down some.

I went the extra and got the elite just because I liked the looks of it better. Plus the inserts for sale here do not fit the standard Delta 13

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please check a new system being introduced at Valley Forge, www.racktight.com. There will be a sample at the Simonis booth and the OB booth...stop by and check it out and see it first hand....to be fair
[/QUOTE]