Bassel repair lathe

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my new Bassel Elshaar repair lathe. This machine is very well engineered/designed and built. Smooth and powerful with standard features and available options to make cue repairs quick and accurate.

So far I've just starting using it, but I'm extremely pleased with the results. I'm not here to compare this machine with other makers' lathes. Just giving my honest opinion on this one. I like it and would recommend it. Plus, Bassel was a pleasure to work with.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=163594&d=1291837060

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
It looks heavy duty for a repair lathe. And with the extension, it makes it even more useful.
I'm also very impressed with his cue building lathe and waiting for Tony to post more videos of the lathe in action.

I want to get a Taper Shaper but will be in the market for another lathe myself in the near future. I'm trying to decide whether I need another full blown building lathe or a repair lathe to take the load off my main lathe.

I have it down to 2 makers and Basel's is deffinitely in the running.
I'm bending toward the one you have as I already have a perfect sanding/finishing lathe from Brianna that can be easily modified for just about anything.

Glad you like it Charlie and please give us updates in the future re performance.

Last edited:

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
This is my new Bassel Elshaar repair lathe. This machine is very well engineered/designed and built. Smooth and powerful with standard features and available options to make cue repairs quick and accurate.

So far I've just starting using it, but I'm extremely pleased with the results. I'm not here to compare this machine with other makers' lathes. Just giving my honest opinion on this one. I like it and would recommend it. Plus, Bassel was a pleasure to work with.

Congratulations Charlie on your new lathe. I know that you are anxious to start using it -- If I can help you in any way just give me a call.

Merry Christmas.

Good Cuemaking

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Charlie on your new lathe. I know that you are anxious to start using it -- If I can help you in any way just give me a call.

Merry Christmas.

Good Cuemaking

Thanks Arnie and good to hear from you... and I'll probably be calling sometime for advise. I appreciate the offer. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and the family.

customcuelathe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Charlie
Thanks for this nice post, if it wasn't for you and all my other customers spreading the positive comments about my lathe makes all the difference. You have helped me just like I have helped you in making you this lathe and for that I am forever greatful for your support and help spread out all the positive things about my lathes

Thanks &
Happy holidays