Refelting my Diamond Pro Am

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Ok I have looked over the video on you tube on how they refelted the bed of that smart table. It didnt seem to difficult. My concern is they didnt show how they did the rails. Are the rails like any other table with feather strips? Also is taking the skirt off difficult?

Most importantly can someone just give me a list of tools I am going to need to get this job done? I am most concerned on what type of glue to get.

I know you guys have probably been asked similar questions before, I did use the search tool for refelting rails and didnt find to much especially on diamonds.

Also I need to purchase the simonis as well.

Last edited:

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Ok I have looked over the video on you tube on how they refelted the bed of that smart table. It didnt seem to difficult. My concern is they didnt show how they did the rails. Are the rails like any other table with feather strips? Also is taking the skirt off difficult?

Most importantly can someone just give me a list of tools I am going to need to get this job done? I am most concerned on what type of glue to get.

I know you guys have probably been asked similar questions before, I did use the search tool for refelting rails and didnt find to much especially on diamonds.

I have no problem with someone attempting to recover their own table. That being said you might have bit off more than you can chew with the Diamond Pro Am. Even seasoned mechanics who work on one for the first time seem to have problems with the rail recovering. I would hire someone and watch first. Just a suggestion.

center pocket

Silver Member
I am in Sierra Vista, about 3 hours south of Phoenix. Maybe I can get those guys that are redoing all those diamonds at Skip & Jan's up in phoenix. How much should I be looking to spend for cloth+cloth install?

center pocket

Silver Member
I need his contact info. I just tried calling Skip & Jans, they said call back on Thursday when the owner is their and she could give me Zach's number. I would like to do it myself, but I think it smart to learn from a pro before attempting it on my own first.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I need his contact info. I just tried calling Skip & Jans, they said call back on Thursday when the owner is their and she could give me Zach's number. I would like to do it myself, but I think it smart to learn from a pro before attempting it on my own first.

Zach Jonas 480-720-8033

JZMechanix

Silver Member
Pat is on the money here. The gentleman in the Diamond video makes that bed cloth install look very easy. Why? Because he's probably done 300 of them and could do it blindfolded! There is no substitute for proper training & experience ;)

Good on you for wanting to learn how to work on your own table, but getting that Simonis indexed and stretched super tight is truly an artform. Recovering rails is no cut of tea either if you've never done it before. Hiring a pro like Reverend would be $$$ well spent, IMO. Simonis for a 9' cut will probably set you back 225-250, and figure another 2-250 for labor for the recover. I'd get that Simonis ordered ASAP as the price goes up Feb. 1st! :(

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Zack's your man. I worked with him a few months ago doing Diamond's and he top notch. Simonis is the hardest cloth to work with and Diamond Proam is probably the hardest table, for rails anyways.