Want to play better one pocket?

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Clem

How good was he?
He lived here until he died. He was very old and everyone made fun of him because he said he was a great player but would only play one hole. He was deadly at golf. I rember Billy Miles telling The Red Rocket not to play Clem Golf for anything. He announced that is the origional straight shoota from Bremuda. If you don't know you better ask somebody! David just looked at him confused as if to say who am I?
I rember telling a player laughing about Clem that I could tell he was a player and I could tell by how he looked at the balls and the way his cue moved through the ball.
Thanks,
Nick :)

bstroud

Deceased
How good was he?
He lived here until he died. He was very old and everyone made fun of him because he said he was a great player but would only play one hole. He was deadly at golf. I rember Billy Miles telling The Red Rocket not to play Clem Golf for anything. He announced that is the origional straight shoota from Bremuda. If you don't know you better ask somebody! David just looked at him confused as if to say who am I?
I rember telling a player laughing about Clem that I could tell he was a player and I could tell by how he looked at the balls and the way his cue moved through the ball.
Thanks,
Nick :)

I can tell you this about Clem.

The first year I went to Johnson City when I went into the back room RA was playing Squirrel on the left side. The game was RA had the break and the first shot and Squirrel was going to 5.

On the table to the right Clem was playing Harry Petros from Philly.
Harry was a good player. Played like Fatty.
Clem was playing him even one pocket except for one thing.
Clem had to shoot every shot with the cue behind his back.
The two games I watched Clem ran 9 and out both games. He owed a ball each game.

Bill Stroud

phil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell you this about Clem.

The first year I went to Johnson City when I went into the back room RA was playing Squirrel on the left side. The game was RA had the break and the first shot and Squirrel was going to 5.

On the table to the right Clem was playing Harry Petros from Philly.
Harry was a good player. Played like Fatty.
Clem was playing him even one pocket except for one thing.
Clem had to shoot every shot with the cue behind his back.
The two games I watched Clem ran 9 and out both games. He owed a ball each game.

Bill Stroud

thank you sir