BK2 BCA legal????

BBBrock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Predator BK2 that I bought from a shop in Texas. Just normal the way Predator ships them. My question is: Is their stock tip phenolic??
Is it legal for BCA? If not what is the best BCA legal tip out there???

Thanks for the help??

bignik957

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the tip on the bk2 is phenolic therefore illegal. I would install A samsara jump break tip on it I have been using one for A while and it's great.

JohnnyShakes

Hill/Hill w/ 1 ball ghost
Silver Member
I have a Predator BK2 that I bought from a shop in Texas. Just normal the way Predator ships them. My question is: Is their stock tip phenolic??
Is it legal for BCA? If not what is the best BCA legal tip out there???

Thanks for the help??

Brock,

The standard BK2 comes with a phenolic tip, so it wouldn't be BCA legal. I'm pretty happy with the Samsara tip that I have on my Orange Crusher- it spreads the balls great and is a hard leather tip. I've also heard good things about White Diamond tips, although I don't know much about them or if they are BCA legal.

Hope this helps.

Johnny

tatcat2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BCAPL response

If, by BCA, you mean BCAPL:

Phenolic tip illegal for use on a break shot. Type of stick it is on is not relevant.

White diamond - not legal for break shot. Entire surface of the tip designed to contact the cue ball must be 100% leather (exposed glue between layers of a layered tip OK).

Phenolic legal for all other shots except break.

Applicable BCAPL Rule is BCAPL Equipment Specification 9(d).
:)

Buddy Eick
BCAPL National Head Referee
BCAPL Director of Referee Training
Technical Editor, BCAPL Rule Book
bcapl_referee@cox.net

Find the Official Rules of the BCA Pool League here:

http://www.playbca.com/Downloads/Rulebook/CompleteRulebook/tabid/372/Default.aspx

* The contents of this post refer to BCA Pool League (BCAPL) Rules only. The BCAPL National Office has authorized me to act in an official capacity regarding questions about BCAPL Rules matters in public forums.
* Neither I nor any BCAPL referee make any policy decisions regarding BCAPL Rules. Any and all decisions, interpretations, or Applied Rulings are made by the BCAPL National Office and are solely their responsibility. BCAPL referees are enforcers of rules, not legislators. BCAPL Rules 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 and the BCAPL Rules "Statement of Principles" apply.
* No reference to, inference concerning, or comment on any other set of rules (WPA, APA, VNEA, TAP, or any other set of rules, public or private) is intended or should be derived from this post unless specifically stated.
* For General Rules, 8-Ball, 9-Ball, 10-Ball, and 14.1 Continuous: there is no such thing as "BCA Rules" other than in the sense that the Billiard Congress of America (BCA) publishes various rules, including the World Pool-Billiard Association's "World Standardized Rules" for those games. The BCA has no rules committee. The BCA does not edit, nor is responsible for the content of, the World Standardized Rules. The Official Rules of the BCAPL is a separate and independent set of rules and, to avoid confusion, should not be referred to as "BCA Rules".
* Since 2004, there is no such thing as a "BCA Referee". The BCA no longer has any program to train, certify or sanction billiards referees or officials. The BCAPL maintains what we consider to be the most structured, complete and intensive referee training program available.
* The BCAPL has no association with the Billiard Congress of America other than in their capacity as a member of the BCA. The letters "BCA" in BCAPL do not stand for "Billiard Congress of America, nor for anything at all.
* The BCAPL has not addressed every imaginable rules issue, nor will it ever likely be able to, as evidenced by the seemingly endless situations that people dream up or that (more frequently) actually happen. If I do not have the answer to a question I will tell you so, then I will get a ruling from the BCAPL National Office and get back to you as soon as I can. If deemed necessary, the BCAPL will then add the ruling to the "Applied Rulings" section of The Official Rules of the BCA Pool League.
* All BCAPL members are, as always, encouraged to e-mail Bill Stock at the BCAPL National Office, bill@playcsi.com, with any comments, concerns or suggestions about the BCAPL rules.

BBBrock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for all of your responses. Looks like I'll re-tip before Nationals.