New Raffle Site Poll

Where should we consider our new raffle home to be?

• Lee Peppers

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • bklynjava

Votes: 46 46.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jemerson23

Shoot to Thrill
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
117   1   0

slyfox

Olney Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
How long are we going to open voting for? Just thought it might be worth putting some type of time frame on it.

thanks for setting this up! :thumbup:

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
Notice the close date for the poll...

This poll will close on 07-31-2011 at 02:54 PM

Everone that runs raffles and/or participates needs to vote.

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
I asked Lee to put up an auction to see what it'll look like !

I just put up a sample raffle. Didnt take me any longer that normal.
I like it because the list will be updated on every page.
You wont have to keep switching back and forth to update or figure out what numbers you want.

Take a look.

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
It makes no difference to me but if everyone decides on the bklynjava (noobforums) site, I hope that the raffle section wont get loaded down with mobile phones or other electronics for raffle.
That would be a mess.

onebadscorpio72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I know that it would not be right to be in raffles?... but being the host could you still host your own raffle ? Because in a since being the host and your friends being in them you could also alter the post and change the outcome?... just a question ... not saying either one would do that

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
It makes no difference to me but if everyone decides on the bklynjava (noobforums) site, I hope that the raffle section wont get loaded down with mobile phones or other electronics for raffle.
That would be a mess.

That's not a problem moderators are familiar with the process it will say Billiards and Pool I can even make it Hidden or members only if needed.

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Site registration restrictions have been minimized for easy registration if anyone has trouble let me know.

If you guys decide to use the forum I have added, I will add the vbulletin iTrader rating system so you can use the feedback system.
If you have certain things you would like added (ie) groups - avatars - special member areas - etc etc just let me know.

Please keep in mind this is only to assist AZB with raffles you can make a raffle @ Noobforums AzBilliards Raffles Galore but your home is here. I will not add or allow other billiard sections or conversations, please keep that for AZB I will only host Raffles.

Last edited:

cuehobby

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
i just registered on both, and each of them took less than a minute.

either one will be good.

thanks to both.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
That would be a mess.

I don't care which site it is but being able to edit your original post on a thread to keep all the info on the raffle in one spot is much nicer in my opinion. We never had a problem with that option here on AZ that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I guess I don't understand why people seem to be so caught up on the issue of the moderator being able to edit the thread.

We have had that option here on AZ since day one and I don't think it has ever been an issue.

Someone please tell me if there has been an issue before that I'm not aware of.

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I don't care which site it is but being able to edit your original post on a thread to keep all the info on the raffle in one spot is much nicer in my opinion. We never had a problem with that option here on AZ that I'm aware of.

Not being able to edit your original post is a problem.
On Noobforums you can do everything the same as you always did here.
I didn't want this to turn into a popularity contest we all know who will win, but rather just give the community a place to run the raffles the same as they did here.

It would be good if a non biased member could put up a raffle on both sites and post the pros and cons.

Obviously I am not as popular as LP but this is about whats best for the community and votes should be based on the site that could better accommodate the raffles not who we like or know longer.

Reactions: JAM

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
if one site is just like we have here on AZ and one site is not why don't we go for the one that is just like we have here?

If Lee's site can be changed to open up the options that would be great, but why would we want to take a step back.
I'm not an expert on websites but i don't understand why more these options can't be added. If it is a cost issue I would have no problem donating to the fund.

jemerson23

Shoot to Thrill
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
117   1   0
I guess I don't understand why people seem to be so caught up on the issue of the moderator being able to edit the thread.

We have had that option here on AZ since day one and I don't think it has ever been an issue.

Someone please tell me if there has been an issue before that I'm not aware of.

They are talking about the ability to edit everyone's post. Lee or bklyn can alter any post on their site, since they are admins. So in theory, the admin could change the numbers he or anyone picked, in the list and in the person's post.

We definitely do not have that option here.