Set up

roberthans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an old Brunswick Chateau with the pinned slate. Can this model be set up to play as nicely as Gold Crowns ? What would have to be done to "tune" it?

Thanks.
Bob

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may want to post this question in the "Talk to a Mechanic" forum and ask for recommendations for a mechanic. Probably the most important thing is to find a very good mechanic. He'll help you decide what to do. A good mechanic is the best investment you can make with your new table. If you're in California, Donny of SD Billiards is the finest. I'm not a mechanic but if were my table I would first test the cushions for play. If they need replacement, go with Artemis (the finest cushions). You would also have to decide on pocket size and condition of the subrails. Do they need work or not. Then decide on what cloth and color to use. By the way, the Chateau is a beautiful table and should play as good as a Gold Crown when set up by a pro. Good luck in your endeavor. Please post some pics when you get your table up and running.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have an old Brunswick Chateau with the pinned slate. Can this model be set up to play as nicely as Gold Crowns ? What would have to be done to "tune" it?

Thanks.
Bob

Yes, but it depends on who does the work on the table, which depends on where you live. My ball park price is around $1,500 if I were to do the work on your table.

Glen

roberthans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you.

Thank you for the responses. I live in the sticks. There are no mechanics near here. I do my work myself and was wondering what the main points are to look for, or correct, to improve play. RKC I have read many of your posts and they helped me to do my first few set ups. I am a custom cabinet maker so I have the machines and ability, I just need to know where, and what to look for. Thanks again.