Runde Cues

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I searched the for a review for Bob's cues, but couldn't find any.
I know his work is top notch, but how do they play?
Stiff or soft hit?
Forward Balance etc..
Handle thickness..

Thanks in advance

torqiet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-med-stiff, definitely not whippy
-gives you a solid and smooth feel
-the ones i have owned and tried have all been very, very well balanced (slightly forward balanced and they feel weightless in your arrms, even when the weight ranges from 19-20oz)
-handle thickness-standard

the most peculiar thing about Runde cues-SS jointed ones- i usually cant play with SS joint cues, but i can play with Runde SS jointed cues

-IMHO, Runde cues dont have that harsh tone and sound usually associated with cues with SS joints. Sort of similar to TS, Tasc SS jointed cues but i feel Rundes are less stiff, more smooth.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy an R series Schon and find out for yourself, you will be glad you did.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find Runde cues to have more finesse that the Runde schon cues. The his new cues are cored vs non cored on the schons. I've had the pleasure to hit with 10 or so Runde's and have found them all very consistent, with one or two of his ivory jointed cues to play amazing. At the moment I have both a Runde and a Runde schon and I find the schon to have that old school solid hit where my Runde is a hint softer hitting. That maybe the ivory ferrules.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
My daily player is a Runde, feels like no other cue I have shot with. It will never be for sale, every other cue I own is available at the right price.

dakraljic

Banned
Great cues to play with and craftsmanship is amazing.The most I've seen had perfectly even points and great veneers.Great hit that is more stiff than soft.Balance and consistent are perfect too.
Hope I helped you with these few notes.
Davor
:wink::)

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having hit with over 20, I've never played with a bad one. Like any cue, the "hit" will vary depending on joint type, ferrule, etc.... Overall, like others have said, they have a med stiff hit, with a pro-ish taper, but not too far back. The workmanship is top notch on all aspects of his cues.

barryc on this forum has several, some of which he might sell.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently picked up a Runde. Overall I'm impressed and plan to keep it. It's wrapless with a piloted steel joint. Solid hit and very well constructed. Medium stiff would be my take on the hit as others have said. Butt is a bit thicker and heavier than I like, I think the buttcap is 1.26 in. range. The shaft screws on real tight on the last turn which I like. Micarta ferrules are cool and very collectable but can be hard to sight the cueball if you're used to pearly white ferrules. Nice shaft taper, mine are ~ 12.75 and approx. 13.25 at 12 in. back from the tip.

loislesc

Registered
runde cues are great hitters.. feel and balance are nice.. i have a player that lasted me about 3 years you wont go wrong with this cue

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
-med-stiff, definitely not whippy
-gives you a solid and smooth feel
-the ones i have owned and tried have all been very, very well balanced (slightly forward balanced and they feel weightless in your arrms, even when the weight ranges from 19-20oz)
-handle thickness-standard

the most peculiar thing about Runde cues-SS jointed ones- i usually cant play with SS joint cues, but i can play with Runde SS jointed cues

-IMHO, Runde cues dont have that harsh tone and sound usually associated with cues with SS joints. Sort of similar to TS, Tasc SS jointed cues but i feel Rundes are less stiff, more smooth.

What he said I've owned one and played with three others, they make a nice player extremely well balanced, hit nice and firm but not very stiff even for me and I don't like SS joints. Wasen't a fan of the sneaky made my him but that could have been because of the tip and crack ivory ferrule. Plus I'm not a fan of Ivory

-Drew