Casting bolts

gsm1sw

Banger by birth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking for a set (8) of the long skinny casting bolts that go through the sides of the casting into the rails vice the shorter ones that go up from the bottom into a T- angle for an early Centennial.
Or at least the correct size bolts needed.

And before anyone suggests it, I already checked with Ken Hash.

Last edited:

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a set (8) of the long skinny casting bolts that go through the sides of the casting into the rails vice the shorter ones that go up from the bottom into a T- angle for an early Centennial.

I have an Anniversary, probably an early 50's model DC so I wouldn't use mine to compare, but perhaps send a pm to Chevybob. He may have the measurements.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

They are a 1/4" X 20 thread bolt, common at any hardware store, they thread into a nut mounted in the end of the rails. Just measure the length you need, or buy some different lengths to find out which length you need, I don't remember what length they are but I think they're either 2" or 2 1/2" long.

Glen