Progress Pics of New Cue

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Here is a couple progress pics of a cue I am having made with a John Davis blank. The red in the butt sleeve is the original 60s material as used by George in his cues. I think it is coming along nicely. These pics are before any finish sanding etc... obviously. Got a few people to thank on the help with this one, so will get due thanks when I post up some finished pics.

10dgnjq.jpg

2vcfg9i.jpg

And the result we are aiming for.

r1h3e8.jpg

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking cue. I really like how you kept the points low and didn't put the bottom of th splice way up the forearm.

If you don't mind revealing, who is building for you?

Ian

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
New cue

I like the picture of the finished cue a lot and I hope your cue turns out just like it. I'm a big fan of traditional style cues with points and veneers and your cue has one of my favorite veneer color combinations.

James

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Great looking cue. I really like how you kept the points low and didn't put the bottom of th splice way up the forearm.

If you don't mind revealing, who is building for you?

Ian

Thanks. I left the builder out to see who would know :) But I believe it will be a really easy one lol...

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Steve Klein?

As I said, it would be a pretty easy one.:grin:

Actually as rare as that red metallic acrylic is (the original stuff), there is no one I trust more to build the cue I wanted done with it, than Steve... It is not like you can go out and buy more of it when you want to, you know...

He has built me a few cues actually.

BTW, the wrap is going to be a very smooth kangaroo. It feels awesome and looks really close to George's original wraps.

Last edited:

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
I really like how you kept the points low and didn't put the bottom of the splice way up the forearm. Ian

Me and you think exactly alike on that issue... If it would have been any other way, it would not have looked right on this style of cue..