Pro One Question for Stan

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, Champ, the pivot on those type shots as they're slightly thinner can have an inside pivot, too. They can still be close enough to the zero angle.for that to occurr.
Stan Shuffett

champ2107

Banned
i have never had to use them Stan and i have never came across the situation where i needed it? maybe i do a slight adjustment with the outside pivot to eliminate the need for an inside pivot on that kind of shot? do you actually use an inside pivot on a 1/8 adjustment shot stan?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, Champ, it comes up for the 1/8 adjustment.

Place CB OB on bottom rail 4 inches apart with OB almost straight in. Use an outside pivot.

Now, move OB to be slightly thinner. Use an inside pivot.

As the ball gets thinner you'll go to an A or C aimpoint.

Stan Shuffett

champ2107

Banned
ok i can see by your example where that type of shot comes up and how and when to use it.

pool_tablegb1-1.jpg

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice diagram, Champ!

Bottom rail, yes for inside pivot with 1/8 adjustment.

On the table near the spot area, yes for an inside pivot with 1/8 adjustment.

The cb ob along the long rail appears to require a C or B.
My impression because of the very closeness of the cb ob would be an inside B.
Would have to see exact set up to know for sure, though.

Stan Shuffett

champ2107

Banned
Nice diagram, Champ!

Bottom rail, yes for inside pivot with 1/8 adjustment.

On the table near the spot area, yes for an inside pivot with 1/8 adjustment.

The cb ob along the long rail appears to require a C or B.
My impression because of the very closeness of the cb ob would be an inside B.
Would have to see exact set up to know for sure, though.

Stan Shuffett

i fixed the long rail shot, sometimes it hard to judge when fooling around with the pictures :)

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes,a good fix for the shot by the long rail.

It might be possible to use OBA or an OBC, depending on the cut direction, with an outside pivot for your 3 shots. But the 1/8 adjustment shot with an inside pivot is the correct choice and it does give the shooter a thicker aim at ball address. ( i generally like thicker aims if I have the choice.)

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

champ2107

Banned
for those types of shots, i usually use a 1/8 adjustment but with an outside pivot and if i feel i need to adjust a little more i will move my alignment to the inside a bit. I believe that is what i do as im thinking about it now, if i owned a table i could tell you exactly but then you would be sponsoring me, as i would be a pro lol

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for those types of shots, i usually use a 1/8 adjustment but with an outside pivot and if i feel i need to adjust a little more i will move my alignment to the inside a bit. I believe that is what i do as im thinking about it now, if i owned a table i could tell you exactly but then you would be sponsoring me, as i would be a pro lol

Champ, you should have that table......

Reminds me of a time when I was about 14 or 15 years old and I was desperately trying to talk my dad into getting a table for our basement.

At the time, my dad owned quite a few polled herferds. I remember asking him why he bought an expensive bull and would not purchase me a pool table. He very calmly responded to me, "Pool tables do not have little pool tables."

Well, when I was 16 I got that table. My dad has since proclaimed that that was the most used item that he ever bought for our home.

Stan Shuffett

champ2107

Banned
i have come close to getting one a few times and the wife loves to play pool too! :) I downloaded a pool game the other day and you know cte/pro1 visuals really work on it lol no pivot though :) i will make a video of me shooting cte/pro1 with it and show you, it actually seems like it would be pretty good practice at getting the visuals and aiming point selection lol

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
Thanks Stan. I rewrote my previous example based on your comments. Is this correct? Thanks again for all your help!

I see one of three visuals at ball address. For example, for a right cut shot, I stand behind right CB edge and aim it to either a 7/8 overlap, aim point C or aim point B.

Then I establish the CTE sight line... I move my eyes to a visual of cue ball center to left OB edge. I now have two sight lines.
Then I step to 11:00 and swing the cue left to right to cue ball center (I am right handed). THERE IS NO CUE PIVOT! So bridge length doesn't really matter. I just slide my hand forward to where I want it.

If the shot looks wrong, I simply start over and repeat with one of the other visuals (7/8 overlap, C or B) until it does. Then Set, Pause, Finish and Freeze.

JMW,

Could you please explain what it is you're doing or achieving when you "step to 11:00"? When you step to 11 does it change your locked in view of the CB that was established by the two visuals ( being CTE and the ABC aim points )?

Thanks

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have come close to getting one a few times and the wife loves to play pool too! :) I downloaded a pool game the other day and you know cte/pro1 visuals really work on it lol no pivot though :) i will make a video of me shooting cte/pro1 with it and show you, it actually seems like it would be pretty good practice at getting the visuals and aiming point selection lol

The soon to be released Virtual Pool 4 will allow you to pivot

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
JMW,

Could you please explain what it is you're doing or achieving when you "step to 11:00"? When you step to 11 does it change your locked in view of the CB that was established by the two visuals ( being CTE and the ABC aim points )?

Thanks

My visual does not change. Its just my way of stepping into the shot.

I stand behind he cue ball edge, with my feet together, when aligning to A, B or C. Then I locate the CTE line. I now have two visuals, but my feet are together.

Then I step into the shot by moving my left foot to 11:00, and rotating my hips
whie moving the cue left to right to center cue ball.

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member

I stand behind he cue ball edge, with my feet together, when aligning to A, B or C. Then I locate the CTE line. I now have two visuals, but my feet are together.

I see, thanks.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How do you find A or C? You split the half or some other method?
When you say: "Then I locate the CTE line", do you just move your eyes to see it, or do you move your whole body, or just head, can you explain that a little bit too?

Thank you in advance.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you find A or C? You split the half or some other method?
When you say: "Then I locate the CTE line", do you just move your eyes to see it, or do you move your whole body, or just head, can you explain that a little bit too?

Thank you in advance.

Good question.
If I sight the CTE line with my dominant right eye and get down on the shot, how do I also sight the secondary edge of the CB to the A, B and C points on the OB? Do I use my non dominant eye, do I tilt my head, do I move my head alone, do I move my whole body/stance to align with the secondary aim point on the OB? Do I no longer see the CTE line with my dominant right eye afte I move as described above?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At ball address your visuals are seen.

In full stance the CB is your primary target. CENTER CUE BALL at that. ( The OB is a secondary focus when in full stance. **If manual cte pivots are executed properly as well as Pro1 moves then it's all about center cue ball.
So, as you fall on CCB position your eyes so that you have an optimal view of the cueball and its vertical axis.

Stan Shuffett

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At ball address your visuals are seen.

In full stance the CB is your primary target. CENTER CUE BALL at that. ( The OB is a secondary focus when in full stance. **If manual cte pivots are executed properly as well as Pro1 moves then it's all about center cue ball.
So, as you fall on CCB position your eyes so that you have an optimal view of the cueball and its vertical axis.

Stan Shuffett

So the CTE aim line is a starting point and the secondary aim line is the final one that establishes your visual and stance which may take you off of the CTE line?

That some users go directly to the secondary aim line suggests to me that the CTE aim line is not a prerequisite to effect the secondary aim line.

Thanks.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just as a single Cte line is insufficient the same is true about the aim line when considering all aspects of ctepro1.

Ultimately, the 2 lines allow for a single perception that includes both lines and this is particularly true for longer cte shots.

With experience, some shots can be seen with just the cte line and others may be seen with only the aim line. It's key, though, that the cte offset is always present.

Stan Shuffett