joint diameter

corpse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to buy an OB classic shaft but the joint diameter on my cue is .842" and the ob shaft is .850". My question is how noticeable will this be? Also will it affect the way it plays? might be better off to get a new cue butt to match the shaft? thanks for your replies.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to buy an OB classic shaft but the joint diameter on my cue is .842" and the ob shaft is .850". My question is how noticeable will this be? Also will it affect the way it plays? might be better off to get a new cue butt to match the shaft? thanks for your replies.

:wink:

.004 on each side. About the thinkness of a piece of paper.

Not a problem if it was mine.:thumbup:

The joint diameter will not change the way it plays.

JG Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ob is easy to work with. I would give them a call they can get you fixed up with the best option. Ask for David. He can fix you up and explain What all the options are. They are at the APA national event now but will be back in the office next Monday.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member

When you slide your hand over the joint, it will be VERY noticeable. It will not affect how it plays.

Kim

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
When you slide your hand over the joint, it will be VERY noticeable. It will not affect how it plays.

Kim

Yeah, I agree with Kim on this one. It will be noticeable but not effect the playability. To me though, it would be one of those things that just irritated me and I'd have to get it fixed. Better to have the shaft too big than the butt, the shaft is a pretty easy fix ;)