What center cueball has done for "The Blade"Stevie Moore

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
for those tuning in late...

We are now in the "aiming forum" after 3 days of conversation in the "main" that had little to do with aiming. We are walking in lock step with the politicos and AZ :)D). Stay tuned this thread may boast of two bans within two different forums...probably not a record though.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I inadvertently posted this in the another thread when it should have been posted here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSharkAllen
Since PJ is unlikely to come back after two years, for all practical purposes that two year ban might as well be changed into a permanent ban.

Since other posters on AZB have been allowed to return after equally egregious behavior, I'd like to suggest that the moderators consider commuting PJ's sentence to a 6-month ban. Either that or ban him permanently.

Nothing is permanent. For the record many posters who have been much worse than Pat have never received a ban.

www.jbcases.com

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeez

I started this thread to help any cte users that may have any questions and it was bombarded with he said she said i do you donts. Jeez!

I see why not many people or pro's would take the time to listen or even comment. I was just trying to help and maybe make a buck in the meantime. Didn't know I was committing a forum crime to where it would be demoted to a sub forum and degraded as being a solicitor. lol. Its pretty comical.

I'm sure most if not all people here are old enough to know if they are being taken advantage of.

MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND ITS YOURS!

I will answer any questions that I can.

Good luck!

Stevie Moore

Chicken_Blood

Carpe Poultry
Silver Member
I started this thread to help any cte users that may have any questions and it was bombarded with he said she said i do you donts. Jeez!

I see why not many people or pro's would take the time to listen or even comment. I was just trying to help and maybe make a buck in the meantime. Didn't know I was committing a forum crime to where it would be demoted to a sub forum and degraded as being a solicitor. lol. Its pretty comical.

I'm sure most if not all people here are old enough to know if they are being taken advantage of.

Good luck!

Stevie Moore
If you get angry every time you see a stupid person you will be angry quite a lot

Prodigy1

Banned

Good luck!

Stevie Moore

Don't let them bother you Stevie. After reading you're post i ordered it. Will hit you up when i get it because I'm sure I'll have questions. Don't let anything they say bother you. They would do the same thing in your position. I speak for alot of us when I say thank you for being here, we appreciate you're input. I'll see you at dcc.

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't let them bother you Stevie. After reading you're post i ordered it. Will hit you up when i get it because I'm sure I'll have questions. Don't let anything they say bother you. They would do the same thing in your position. I speak for alot of us when I say thank you for being here, we appreciate you're input. I'll see you at dcc.

not at all upset. i think its kinda of funny. just stating a fact

thank you for your kind words

tlegried

Just a Banger....
Silver Member
Stevie Moore

Good luck!

Stevie Moore

Good Luck at the DCC!!

chrome

Banned
I am guessing you were already a pro before you learned cte/pro1 from Stan, Stevie? What made you decide to learn pro1 since you must have been a pretty good potter already?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

Good luck!

Stevie Moore

Mr. Moore,

I check three(3) 'forums' everytime I come to AZB. I check the Aiming Forum, Ask the Instuctor, & the the Main in that order. The main is full of periphreal pool related stuff. The other two(2) are more serious IMHO.

You are not limited to one forum or one thread.

Hang in there. I am sure your contributions will be appreciated by the vast majority no matter how silent they might be.

Regards & Best Wishes to You &

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am guessing you were already a pro before you learned cte/pro1 from Stan, Stevie? What made you decide to learn pro1 since you must have been a pretty good potter already?

The very first time I used the system I made the ball by never looking at the pocket, angle of the shot, contact point or the feel that I had used all of my life. I completely followed the system and kept potting balls. Not just pocketing. More times than not it was center pocket. Also, it allowed me to focus more on my cue ball and stroking straight instead of trying to steer the cue ball into a ghost ball. Made sense to adapt this way versus what I was doing. I had also had problems with my vision so ghost ball was becoming more difficult to see. I just followed the rules and balls fell. no need looking at object ball for any reason but to get my visuals. After acquiring my visuals I was able to learn how to make the rotation around the cue ball to find center cue ball that I could see much clearer than an object ball 8 feet away. Its also allowed me to consciously correct my stroke.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The very first time I used the system I made the ball by never looking at the pocket, angle of the shot, contact point or the feel that I had used all of my life. I completely followed the system and kept potting balls. Not just pocketing. More times than not it was center pocket. Also, it allowed me to focus more on my cue ball and stroking straight instead of trying to steer the cue ball into a ghost ball. Made sense to adapt this way versus what I was doing. I had also had problems with my vision so ghost ball was becoming more difficult to see. I just followed the rules and balls fell. no need looking at object ball for any reason but to get my visuals. After acquiring my visuals I was able to learn how to make the rotation around the cue ball to find center cue ball that I could see much clearer than an object ball 8 feet away. Its also allowed me to consciously correct my stroke.

I want to say that learning CTE will really expose all the flaws in your stroke more than anything else.

Once you are finding the true aiming line any body english will throw the ball out of the pocket. I personally believe that many people have learned to play almost all of their shots with a little helping english because they are not seeing the right shot line. And I think that this severely cuts off the positions that they can comfortably get the cue ball to.

If you have been used to gearing the shot with a little outside spin all your life because you have found that to be the most consistent way to make the ball based on how you see the shot line then using inside spin becomes really really tough.

But once you learn CTE then you find yourself on shot lines that are actually not comfortable at first. This is where using that same old gearing throw will take you out of the pocket where previous it took the object ball into the pocket.

So after I learned CTE I went back and worked on my stroke, actual physical training with a top instructor here and it has paid off big time. Now I sometimes slip into the old habits and then I miss shots. But not because I was aimed wrong.

I have done an amateur video on this concept - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCDjPgtCwE

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

That's what got me interested & intrigued in it but then it... or should I say my lack of fully understanding it allowed some 'gaps' to pop up so I put it away for future reference.

I hope to get back on it after I finish my individual in house money league & after the new DVD comes out.

Best Wishes to You &

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I want to say that learning CTE will really expose all the flaws in your stroke more than anything else.

Once you are finding the true aiming line any body english will throw the ball out of the pocket. I personally believe that many people have learned to play almost all of their shots with a little helping english because they are not seeing the right shot line. And I think that this severely cuts off the positions that they can comfortably get the cue ball to.

If you have been used to gearing the shot with a little outside spin all your life because you have found that to be the most consistent way to make the ball based on how you see the shot line then using inside spin becomes really really tough.

But once you learn CTE then you find yourself on shot lines that are actually not comfortable at first. This is where using that same old gearing throw will take you out of the pocket where previous it took the object ball into the pocket.

So after I learned CTE I went back and worked on my stroke, actual physical training with a top instructor here and it has paid off big time. Now I sometimes slip into the old habits and then I miss shots. But not because I was aimed wrong.

I have done an amateur video on this concept - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCDjPgtCwE

How can an aiming system correct your stroke?This dosnt make any since to me.You pull the trigger when all feels rite,an aiming has nothing to do with your stroke.Im lost here.:rolleyes:

chrome

Banned

I guess because the contact point is unconsciously found through the pre shot alignments and you are not actually using contact points but “trust” that you correctly aligned for the shot. You are forced into stroking straight to make the system work.

Now you must be at a level now with pro1 that you unconsciously can get behind the cue ball and just take the alignments off the object ball while letting your subconscious be concerned about where the cue ball is?

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can an aiming system correct your stroke?This dosnt make any since to me.You pull the trigger when all feels rite,an aiming has nothing to do with your stroke.Im lost here.:rolleyes:

Pro One connects to the geometry of the table. Pick the correct visuals, make the proper movement into ccb, stroke straight. center pocket.
very simple. :thumbup2:http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/newsmilies/thumbup2.gif

The straighter your stroke, the easier the system becomes. Its what works for me.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Visuals?

Stevie,

I have bought and watched the pro-one DVD but it is still unclear to me how to align the visuals.

I would like to know exactly where your head is in relation to the cue ball and object ball once your visuals are locked in right before you drop into your shot.

Are you directly in line with the cte & the secondary line at the same time?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I didn't say correct your stroke I said expose flaws in it.

Stevie said it corrects his stroke and he can elaborate on that.

Yes you pull the trigger when everything feels right. So why do you miss?

1. you miss because you aimed wrong and sent the cue ball straight down that wrong line.

2. you miss because you aimed right and you push the cue ball off that correct shot line.

3. you miss because you aimed wrong and you sent the cueball down a line that is neither your chosen wrong line nor the correct shot line.

So you can feel that you are 100% right, pull the trigger and miss. My personal feeling is that if you are using a method where you pretty much know that you have the right shot line then missing is a stroke error rather than an aiming error.

Hence having a method which does bring you to the right shot line will expose bad form IF the shot requires that you stroke straight down the shot line to make the ball. And if that bad form is exposed then the obvious correction is to stroke straight. Thus the use of an aiming method can improve your stroke and in fact should improve your stroke because execution always follows aiming.

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess because the contact point is unconsciously found through the pre shot alignments and you are not actually using contact points but “trust” that you correctly aligned for the shot. You are forced into stroking straight to make the system work.

Now you must be at a level now with pro1 that you unconsciously can get behind the cue ball and just take the alignments off the object ball while letting your subconscious be concerned about where the cue ball is?

My rotation to center cue ball is the best its ever been. I am playing in a more unconscious state and better than I ever have.