What the hell did I just buy??? Unknown pool table

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
Bought one more off Craigslist for $200.

3 pc. 1" slate

Good condition of all parts.

Just has the nameplate removed. (intentionally?) See red arrow.

It'd be awesome to find out what in the world I have sitting in my garage right now.

Appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Taemin

Attachments

• P1010041.jpg
    P1010041.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,309
  • P1010042.jpg
    P1010042.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,353
  • P1010043.jpg
    P1010043.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,105
  • P1010044.jpg
    P1010044.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 2,047
  • IDQ 003.jpg
    IDQ 003.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,303
Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
AMF Playmaster I believe. If not, they have a model that looks identical to that. I just tore down and moved one for a friend earlier this month.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
holy shit you should got 3 answers and they all could be correct since all 3 make tables that look a like to me lol

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
Big Thanks All!

Thank you VERY VERY much!!! Those brand names make me feel so much better that I didn't get end up with something from Sears, a SportCraft or a Mizerak 'Slatron' table or something. (not saying their bad, just saying they're not for me) Greenies all around for all who replied.

Thanks,

Taemin

Jerry Forsyth

Those slates appear very thick. Are they? If so the company that used thick slates was (I believe) Connelly. Not that other companies could not also have used thick slate of which I am unaware.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Definitely not an Olhausen....their diamond inlays are much cleaner, and their nameplate is oval, not rectangular.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Definitely not an Olhausen....their diamond inlays are much cleaner, and their nameplate is oval, not rectangular.

Depends on the year. My olhausen has a rectangle nameplate. But I am more inclined to say it looks like a playmaster after seeing the new pics.

This is my Olhausen, its a 1993 table and has the rectangle nameplate.

Last edited:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Depends on the year. My olhausen has a rectangle nameplate. But I am more inclined to say it looks like a playmaster after seeing the new pics.

This is my Olhausen, its a 1993 table and has the rectangle nameplate.

Did not know that....all the ones I had seen had the oval nameplate. Good to know. The diamond inlays are just not as clean as I have seen on the Olhausens...they do not tend to use a filler.

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
OMG Thank You

You guys are the greatest! Thank you for putting my heart at ease knowing I didn't waste $200. It is 1" inch slate from my double-check yesterday. I just don't understand why the plate was removed. There's no other markings. I looked at Kasson tables and they mark each pocket with a "K" at least. Here's the history, whether it's believable or not, I'm not sure.

Small company purchased this table for their employee lounge.

Small company went out of business. They called a moving company. Moving company stored it in their warehouse; never advertised it.

I put a 'Wanted' ad up on Craigslist and this moving company said "We have one we just took in from a Client that you can haul away for $200. Rented U-Haul for $33.00, brought the family and got it home. Looked at the accessories box included. Noticed full set of balls, all the leather pockets, 3 Silver Cup chalks and a matching wood cue holder with a few cues.

The missing plate is 3" in length and 2" with a tiny screw hole in each corner. I will PayPal someone $20 instantly just for a 100% ID. Please help.

Taemin

Last edited:

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peter Vitale ? They had that beveled edge around the rails. But a slate table for $200 bucks who cares if its an Acme

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't recognize the diamond inlays in the rails. I took a quick look around the net at a couple I thought it might be but I am not sure.

The design in the side and ends doesn't match anything I could find.

I thought about CL Bailey but I dont think so... You maybe could send them a picture and some other makers and see what they say.

As another poster said that is thick slate.

To me the skirting design and the diamond sites should be able to get you in the right direction. Both look so oddly familiar to me but I can't seem to find anything on the net

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Not trying to be Captain Obvious over here or anything, but did ya try asking this in the Ask The Mechanics section?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Whatever it is, if it's a functional pool table you got for $200 it was an absolute steal.