Cue wraps question ???

danieldakota53

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if any cuemakers have used quality vinyl for their pool cue wraps instead of leather or exotic hides? What would be the upside or downside of this? If using vinyl ?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't use any vinyl. The downside is that most players would think it was just a cheap substitute for leather just like it is in furniture and likely knock your work because of it. Real Leather blanks are fairly cheap when considering what we get for the install, so I would stay away from vinyl.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if any cuemakers have used quality vinyl for their pool cue wraps instead of leather or exotic hides? What would be the upside or downside of this? If using vinyl ?

Have you sat in a car with vinyl seats and then one with leather seats?

Nuff said.

It would be like using polyester vs silk in a suit.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I would agree with Chris as far as price goes. For the price of a basic leather wrap and even more exotic wraps, it is really a fairly cheap investment.

Altho, there is some vinyl that imitates leather quite well, it is better suited for cheap cue cases.

For the most part, that thin and it would be very pliable and probably hard to work with.

Labor cost, a cue repairman or maker would charge you the same price for an instal so you wouldn't be getting away with anything there.