Who is the #1 most in demand cue maker in the world today?

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is the most in demand cuemaker right now? I would base this on who's cue is worth the most on the secondary market. Ie: 2 cuemakers make identical cues, say a 4 point 4 veneer basic cue, who's is worth the most and would sell the fastest at that price.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess it's either Barry Szamboti or Dennis Searing.

What do you think?

Between Barry and Dennis, who is more "hot"?

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Searing and Szamboti for sure.

Szamboti's come up every week....

Searings? Eh... Every month or two one appears for a couple days or hours..

At least what I see on here.

I don't think anyone will ever trump a Szamboti. Barry or Gus.

phatskeemz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tuff one there but I'll take a Searing over any cue any day you just cant beat his craftmenship and the playability of his cues that being said I wouldn't mind adding a Gus or Berry into my collection problem is for my 4 to 6 grand I'll just keep adding Searings

As far as resale goes I really don't buy my cues as an investment I could careless if my cues are worthless to anyone else in the end of the day they are only worth what someone is willing to pay you for them

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is the most in demand cuemaker right now? I would base this on who's cue is worth the most on the secondary market. Ie: 2 cuemakers make identical cues, say a 4 point 4 veneer basic cue, who's is worth the most and would sell the fastest at that price.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess it's either Barry Szamboti or Dennis Searing.

What do you think?

Between Barry and Dennis, who is more "hot"?

Southwest. Do they still have a ten year waiting list?

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I'd throw Herceck out there.

pry something like this:

Herceck
Searing
Szamboti
South West
Black Boar

Mix those around in any given order, and I'm sure you'll have little argument from most.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Searing is a royal flush and Barry is 4 aces. That being said, I'd take either one. The OP already had the 2 best answers IMO. Can't go wrong with either.

Anybody want to sell me a Searing? Holler!!!!!

VolturiCases

VolturiCases
Silver Member
Allot of great cue makers... With tremendous skills and proven work...
The KING is Dennis searing... Without doubts ...I guess szamboti is right up there... But we can't forget brilliant makers like Pete Tonkin ... Showman...Gina cues...BlackBoar...and Thomas Wayne ( I'm sorry if most think TW is weird but he does crazy work which I admire)...
And then come the rising stars... Kenny Murrel is absurdly brilliant and I have no doubt that in a span of 5 years Murrel is Top 5...

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Production cues are the "most in demand"

"Most in demand" is simply the cue price times the number of cues sold.

Production: 10,000 cues sold at $80 each = $800,000

Custom: 12 cues sold at $10,000 each = $120,000

Not even a horse race.

It's probably either Cuetec, Players, Lucasi or McDermott...whose numbers are probably more like 35,000 cues sold at $65 each = $2,275,000.

Scratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allot of great cue makers... With tremendous skills and proven work...
The KING is Dennis searing... Without doubts ...I guess szamboti is right up there... But we can't forget brilliant makers like Pete Tonkin ... Showman...Gina cues...BlackBoar...and Thomas Wayne ( I'm sorry if most think TW is weird but he does crazy work which I admire)...
And then come the rising stars... Kenny Murrel is absurdly brilliant and I have no doubt that in a span of 5 years Murrel is Top 5...

I agree completly with your post. I think Kenny is already in the top 5.

VolturiCases

VolturiCases
Silver Member
Production cues are the "most in demand"

"Most in demand" is simply the cue price times the number of cues sold.

Production: 10,000 cues sold at $80 each = $800,000

Custom: 12 cues sold at $10,000 each = $120,000

Not even a horse race.

It's probably either Cuetec, Players, Lucasi or McDermott...whose numbers are probably more like 35,000 cues sold at $65 each = $2,275,000.

The thread ain't about production cues...

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tucker!

Murray Tucker.

Szams and Botis are always for sale.

Rarer than hens teeth. Talk about bang for your buck! And the greatest thing of all is I have one!! Purple heart full splice hoppe bumper less. I don't need to understand the science of building a great cue, that's Murrys job. Playability right out of the box. No transition period to adjust to anything. As they say on Duck Dynasty, Happy Happy!