Schon Cue - ID of One of The Best Hitting Cues I've Played!

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I've had several Schon cues through my hands over the years...never a Runde era Schon...although I've had a pretty "decent sized" 2009 Runde that plays phenomenal! I've had some from the early to mid-90's and I've even had a few of the newer CX line through my hands...which I don't particularly like the feel of how those play.

I know I ran across some information with regards to Schon starting to core their cues in the 90's. However, I'm wondering if this cue might predate that method...because it's the MOST solid hitting Schon cue I've ever played. I've never seen one like it...not that I've seen them all...but it's a bit out of the "norm"...and it isn't a Unique, LTD, or SP.

The "green" inlays inside the ivory spearheads are not malachite as I first thought...they're stanied maple!!!

If anyone knows this model, or any info about it, I'd appreciate any assistance...out of curiousity...

Schon Unknown 01.jpg

Schon Unknown 02.jpg

Schon Unknown 03.jpg

Schon Unknown 04.jpg

JAMSGOLF

Silver Member
CX-54....always wanted one of those. :)

Thanks Sean...but...

I found this link to the CX-54: http://www.budgetcues.com/schon-pool-cue-cx54.htm

If you look at the pictures it shows on the link above, the CX model is a 6-point...while mine is definitely an 8-point...and the inlays in mine are not turquoise...they're definitely a stained "wood" rather than a stone of any kind.

Like I said...this one has me stumped! It's close to the CX-54, but not quite it...

Differences:
White butcap versus black butcap...
Mine has railroad track rings versus the Bushka rings...
Six Points versus eight points...
Inlays are stained "wood" versus turquoise...

Last edited:

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Thanks Sean...but...

I found this link to the CX-54: http://www.budgetcues.com/schon-pool-cue-cx54.htm

If you look at the pictures it shows on the link above, the CX model is a 6-point...while mine is definitely an 8-point...and the inlays in mine are not turquoise...they're definitely a stained "wood" rather than a stone of any kind.

Like I said...this one has me stumped! It's close to the CX-54, but not quite it...

Differences:
White butcap versus black butcap...
Mine has railroad track rings versus the Bushka rings...
Six Points versus eight points...
Inlays are stained "wood" versus turquoise...

I can't help with the ID but that cue is gorgeous..

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great looking cue

my favorite from schon

hold on to it,you might not get another one as nice

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I ran across some information with regards to Schon starting to core their cues in the 90's. However, I'm wondering if this cue might predate that method...because it's the MOST solid hitting Schon cue I've ever played.

I'm glad you like your cue, it's always nice to find something you're really comfortable playing with. Wish I could help you identify it, but I have no idea. I would say that coring a cue shouldn't make it "hit" any less "solid" though. I'm not too familiar with Schon's construction methods other than the older ones had v groove points, and the later ones had rounded flat bottom points.

Good luck on your hunt, and enjoy the cue!

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check with Michael Hoang owner of Omega Billiards in Texas. His name is his AZ handle here on the forum. He deals extensively with Schon cues and is a great source of information.

JAMSGOLF

Silver Member
It was funny to see this thread get dug up after being buried for quite awhile! LOL

Thanks for all the input guys...I'll be following up with some of the guys you suggested to see if we can get an answer on this...