The difficulty of Karl Boyes close out rack vs Earl Strickland.

Is this an all time great run out?

• Yes

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • John Barton WILL beat Lou

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
With Earl building momentum, having Earl being Earl, and the overall pressure that the Mosconi cup brings, Difficulty wise is this a top ten toughest runout you've ever seen via stream/video/dvd???

Here is video of the the last 2 games Earl won, and the rack that Karl ran out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFoyMRjGA24

*edit . . . for some reason, at the 7:30 mark the video stops. Just reload the page, and start the video at the 7:31 mark.

Last edited:
I thought it was a great effort for someone who flat-out can't play.

:rolleyes:

I realise Earl has problems, but that was the worst display of sportsmanship I have ever seen.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I spoke with Karl @ this last night (I was front row and saw "the handshake").

I've come to no new conclusions, other than Karl's got more game today than last week. And one less shirt...

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
did i miss something on the handshake, it looked earl was just shaking his hand and karl kind of flung his hand away at the end. Maybe earl was squeezin too hard or something lol

did i miss something on the handshake, it looked earl was just shaking his hand and karl kind of flung his hand away at the end. Maybe earl was squeezin too hard or something lol

I presumed it was Boyes' way of saying FU. There's no doubt Earl's sharking had him rattled - and who would want to hear your opponent telling the crowd you can't play when you're at the table?