Earl is a disgrace!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the current lot of industry members, I do *not* believe they have any interest in saving American professional pool, as evidenced by their commentary.

Hard to read this forum, these days, with all the American pro pool haters.

Some of us like Earl. Count me as one of them.

I like Earl, too.

I don't like Earl when he constantly berates his opponent while they're at the table in an attempt to shark them.

Maybe the reason pool is in a slightly better state in other countries is because they don't have guys like Earl, and instead have professionals that act...you know; professional.

Showing some emotion is not a bad thing, but it should be about your own successes and failures. Not what your opponent is doing or has done. Two constants in this game are, mistakes will be made and luck will occasionally surface. True champions understand this. Despite all of his accomplishments, at this year's Mosconi Cup, Earl did not act like a champion.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Earl, too.

I don't like Earl when he constantly berates his opponent while they're at the table in an attempt to shark them.

Maybe the reason pool is in a slightly better state in other countries is because they don't have guys like Earl, and instead have professionals that act...you know; professional.

Showing some emotion is not a bad thing, but it should be about your own successes and failures. Not what your opponent is doing or has done. Two constants in this game are, mistakes will be made and luck will occasionally surface. True champions understand this. Despite all of his accomplishments, at this year's Mosconi Cup, Earl did not act like a champion.

This topic has been beaten to death.

Earl cannot control his emotions. He is emotionally, mentally, and physically unable to do it -- UNLESS he is on medication. Unfortunately, Earl cannot play pool on the medication he needs to control those emotions.

Barry Hearn, as evidenced by the recent The Strickland Story, is well aware of Earl's demons, yet he still wanted to include him in this year's Mosconi Cup. I personally don't think Barry was surprised by anything Earl did this past week, yet this forum keeps pounding it over and over again like this was such a shock to Barry Hearn. Bullcrap, I say.

Some of the behavior of the other Americans, like the F bombs, that was, I agree, an embarrassment. I never heard Earl say the F bomb, not once.

You can continue on this Earl hatred rampage, but nobody can take away his legacy of multiple world championship titles. He is the best American player in my lifetime, and I choose to support him whenever he steps foot in a venue. He deserves better than the vindictive words this forum is throwing his way. If you don't want to like Earl, fine. That is your prerogative. I hope Earl never loses his spirit.

Attachments

• 1470223_255579231261548_717486580_n.jpg
    1470223_255579231261548_717486580_n.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 155

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This topic has been beaten to death.

Earl cannot control his emotions. He is emotionally, mentally, and physically unable to do it -- UNLESS he is on medication. Unfortunately, Earl cannot play pool on the medication he needs to control those emotions.

Barry Hearn, as evidenced by the recent The Strickland Story, is well aware of Earl's demons, yet he still wanted to include him in this year's Mosconi Cup. I personally don't think Barry was surprised by anything Earl did this past week, yet this forum keeps pounding it over and over again like this was such a shock to Barry Hearn. Bullcrap, I say.

Some of the behavior of the other Americans, like the F bombs, that was, I agree, an embarrassment. I never heard Earl say the F bomb, not once.

You can continue on this Earl hatred rampage, but nobody can take away his legacy of multiple world championship titles. He is the best American player in my lifetime, and I choose to support him whenever he steps foot in a venue. He deserves better than the vindictive words this forum is throwing his way. If you don't want to like Earl, fine. That is your prerogative. I hope Earl never loses his spirit.

It's been mentioned already that it does seem as though Earl does have some sort of control over his behavior. This is evident in his match against Karl Boyes. Ken Shuman gives him a warning, and Earl shuts up. The problem isn't just Earl's antics, it's that he doesn't get reprimanded enough for them. Fix that, and you may have a chance at getting him to act professionally.

You probably didn't hear his F bombs because his mic was constantly being muted :grin-square:

I agree this has been beaten to death, and I'll be happy if I never have to make another post about it again.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been mentioned already that it does seem as though Earl does have some sort of control over his behavior. This is evident in his match against Karl Boyes. Ken Shuman gives him a warning, and Earl shuts up. The problem isn't just Earl's antics, it's that he doesn't get reprimanded enough for them. Fix that, and you may have a chance at getting him to act professionally.

You probably didn't hear his F bombs because his mic was constantly being muted :grin-square:

I agree this has been beaten to death, and I'll be happy if I never have to make another post about it again.

I don't know Earl as well as others may, but in all my interactions with him, I have never heard him use the F bomb in our conversation. Some folks don't incorporate curse words in their colloquy as a habit, and some folks do. Earl is a person who doesn't use curse words as frequently as others may, IMO. Cursing is actually a habit for some folks, and when they lose control and don't realize they are using curse words in their conversation, that is alarming.

For some, curse words are an everyday happening, no big deal. Listen to some of today's modern music, and you'll hear plenty of curse words.

Earl might be a lot of things, but he's not a curse word user. In fact, I'd be more inclined to use the F bomb than Earl. :eek:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know Earl as well as others may, but in all my interactions with him, I have never heard him use the F bomb in our conversation. Some folks don't incorporate curse words in their colloquy as a habit, and some folks do. Earl is a person who doesn't use curse words as frequently as others may, IMO. Cursing is actually a habit for some folks, and when they lose control and don't realize they are using curse words in their conversation, that is alarming.

For some, curse words are an everyday happening, no big deal. Listen to some of today's modern music, and you'll hear plenty of curse words.

Earl might be a lot of things, but he's not a curse word user. In fact, I'd be more inclined to use the F bomb than Earl. :eek:

Well the only logic I can put behind it is this...

They wouldn't mute his mic if he was just doing his usual complaining, but they would if he was using inappropriate language.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the only logic I can put behind it is this...

They wouldn't mute his mic if he was just doing his usual complaining, but they would if he was using inappropriate language.

If that is true, it is a wonder why they did not mute Rodney and Dennis after multiple F bombs. I think Earl was muted for different reasons.

Rumor has it that Dennis and Karl got into a physical back-and-forth. To me, this seems like substance-induced behavior, as some people get aggressive when they consume too much. Both of these players are teddy bears normally.

What is your accusation here?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure. A non pool player who puts 27,500 posts on a pool forum, for no apparent reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O71fetlkCZo

Who ever told you I don't play pool? I'm pretty sure I could kick your butt on a field of tournament blue without batting an eyelash.

It would be worth the money just to see what a Pathetic Shark looks like up front and close. I already have a vision. I'd love to put a face to the name. :smile:

Attachments

• JAM shooting pool.jpg
    JAM shooting pool.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 155

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can play pool with the best of 'em. :)

Attachments

• JAM and Diana.jpg
    JAM and Diana.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 149
Who ever told you I don't play pool? I'm pretty sure I could kick your butt on a field of tournament blue without batting an eyelash.

It would be worth the money just to see what a Pathetic Shark looks like up front and close. I already have a vision. I'd love to put a face to the name. :smile:

You have my face. It was my body you got wrong lol.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK, I'll throw my 2 cents in, which is a rare occurance:p Barry Hearn knew what the outcome would be if Earl was on the team, to think other-wise is to be uneducated of the facts...putting it mildly;)
I'll give a reason I haven't seen discussed, weight the outcome in a certain direction, for whatever reason. Hearn's a businessman and not American. Whatever happened is Hearn's fault, not Earl's.